Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatEF9kid View Post
    what happens when the cops see pokeage?
    cops will give us a nice little defect for the pokage and anything else they decide isnt allowed. we then have to fix it all and get it cleared. if theyre feeling generous, theyll make us get a full roadworthy on the car again. being a daily, id rather not have to worry about that everytime i roll past a cop. around my way theyre not toooo bad, but i dont want to push my luck

Comment

what if its mild pokage? how can that be Defect? and cant you just throw on stock wheels, drive to get approved, and come back, throw your stance back together and roll onnnnn

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
        what if its mild pokage? how can that be Defect?
        wheels/tyres can't extend past the fenders

and cant you just throw on stock wheels, drive to get approved, and come back, throw your stance back together and roll onnnnn
        Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
          Yep!
          problem solved

Comment

Good start and I love where this is goin.

Originally posted by Geoff.T
            E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
            MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
            Instagram:MexicanFab
            YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

went out and had a play with the window motor before, it had broken the plastic that holds the motor to the gearing, so whenever you wind it down, itd move and jump around everywhere making a god awful noise(and probably wasnt much good for the gears themselves). someone had attempted to glue it up, but it didnt take.

so ive slapped a couple bits of steel strap on it to hold it in place until i can order in a new one. want this thing on the road asap, so all moneys going to getting it roadied, and the motor can come later. least it works properly now

Comment

slowly ripping at the list of bits i need to fix for roadworthy, had a look underneath last weekend, and the only thing it needs(assuming guy doing roady doesnt get excessively picky) is a new rear lower control arm. some smart cookie tried to jack up from it and bent it. need a new seatbelt, some door seals(theyre pretty stuffed, lots of ripped bits).

been playing with the door trims, theyre all glued up now, going to glue up the rear trims aswell this weekend. will get pics of the fronts tomorrow.

got some new exterior door handle surrounds today, put drivers one on, have to play with passenger door handle before putting that one on. will paint them and the handles bodycolour sometime, theyre easy enough to take off.

glued up the roof lining that was sagging around the sunroof. will get it retrimmed in black later on, its pretty grubby(fingerprints) at the moment.

got interior door handle surrounds(didnt come with any), just waiting on chrome inner handles, passenger side original was broken, drivers was a sedan one, which didnt fit properly

and a random snap,

Comment

i like where this is going
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

so the door trims are pretty much right to go on, but waiting til everything is done in the doors, so i dont have to pull them off again any time soon.

decided to have a go at pulling one of the wheels apart today, 36 bolts and nuts later, the center popped out nice and easy, and the outer i had to cut apart, sealed real good.

gave the centers a clean, and the crap that was around the outer edge all came off nicely, so i shouldnt need to refinish them for now. thinking ill go black bolts, paint the inner barrels black and clean/polish the lips

will definately be replacing these, they all have rust on them, not sure if they were reused or replaced last time the wheels were refurbished

Comment

so i picked up some second hand but not leaking front shocks for it other other day, with springs and strut tops.

put them in today, and theyve gone and lifted the car, not something anyone on here would usually do!! but its gotta be done to pass roadworthy over here. still too high for my liking, but once its registered ill get coilovers for it, and bring it back down to earth!!

and no, i still havent washed it

got my interior door handles the other day and put them on, still waiting on window regulator clips before i get the door trims on and get pics though. for now, just a shot of the handles

todo list is getting smaller and smaller, gotta order some stuff from the pelican parts next

Comment

Love it. keep it going, cant wait to see it done.

what if its mild pokage? how can that be Defect? and cant you just throw on stock wheels, drive to get approved, and come back, throw your stance back together and roll onnnnn
                        But don't you get a fine each time? If yes then it would start to get expensive!
                        Originally posted by Zic
                        Haha, each to there own. I think e36>e30>e21>e46 ,
                        - WIN ^^

Comment

Looks like a cool project so far! I have never seen those wheels before but I really like them. Awesome offsets!

... Your car isn't Cosmos.
                          is it?
                          -Nick

Comment

thats what the sticker on the strut tower says...

theyre an aussie made wheel, rare model on top of that, have only found one pic online of them on another car and it was a porsche. and the company closed up shop a year or so back, so now theyre harder/more expensive to get.

id love to rock them as is, but im not sure ive convinced myself to do so yet, still going to try and chase down some slightly narrower lips for the rear.

Comment

not a lot of progress lately, still waiting for some parts.

i did get a new gearshift boot, as the old one was a bit stuffed.

quick pic with the new boot and gearknob stolen from the e21 for now

going to have a play with the drivers door trim, few bits need fixing on it, hopefully get it staying on the door for roady, while i track down some good nick ones.

Comment

so i pulled the sideskirts off the other day, because whoever put them on last did a bang up job!! silicon, uneven, no screws on the bottom!!

gave the car a quick bath and cleaned up the sideskirts to go back on. sikaflex, double sided tape and some painters tape to hold in place while sikaflex dries. i will screw the bottom up once its dry.

and a random shot of the front, will be replacing the crappy mesh with a proper m3 mesh grille(or if i can find one, maybe m3 slats)

Comment

Working...
                                X