DanJer 1976 BMW 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanJer 1976 BMW 2002

I had always thought these were the coolest looking little cars. I had a 2003 E46 M3 that I sold so I had some cash laying around. This popped up not running on CL for a price I couldn't pass up. It was stock when I bought it and didn't stay that way for long.

The body is in pretty good shape with very little rust. It will be getting the marker light, bumper bracket holes and knee line trim holes filled and painted hopefully in the not to distant future. The motor is the original I believe, same with the interior. I just added a header, custom stainless exhaust, IE distributor, and a 38/38.

I installed CA Tuned coilovers which ride on the stiff side but it handles good. I went with some 15x8 et0 wheels and cut the fenders for some Clinched Classic 5cm flares. I really like how it came out. In the front I wanted the tire to come out a little and also more camber. I am not a fan of the Bavaria control arm swap as there are just to many compromises. My brother owns a fab shop so we designed and built some arms that move the ball joint out 0.75" and forward 0.375". This moved the tire out perfect and forward just enough that It doesn't rub on the firewall.

DE0981D9-A58A-46F4-83A8-573D31764297.jpgIMG_5086.jpgIMG_5089.jpgIMG_5361.jpgIMG_5370.jpg
    Last edited by stubs179; 08-09-2020, 10:55 PM.

I had to add a 20mm spacer to the rear wheels but the fronts don't need a spacer.

IMG_5414.jpgIMG_5415.jpgIMG_5438.jpg

Comment

The control arms made a big difference in the front. Passenger side is the stock arm and driver is with the wider arm. They are Tig welded chromoly. I really dislike that the inner control arm mounts are single shear so we made this cool little brace. They aren't flexing now. haha

IMG_8654.jpgIMG_8653.jpgIMG_8821.jpgE9A7EB17-F56A-4175-8361-BE813246D6EE.jpgIMG_9390.jpg

Comment

As the ar sits now I am pretty happy with it. Its definitely getting a motor swap in the future.

IMG_9001.jpg

Comment

I didnt know you were doing a build thread....

Looks awesome! I cant wait to see what else you guys come up with.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about a S54 with 420g to a Ford 8.8?

Comment

To each their own. I just dont like the bmw reliability, or lack there of.

Comment

Looking great! Simple, rough and ready.

Comment

I found your blog while searching for the updates, I am happy to be here. Very useful content and also easily understandable providing.. Believe me I did wrote an post about tutorials for beginners with reference of your blog.
                  digital marketing courses in chennai
                  digital marketing courses in bangalore

Comment

Working...
                  X