Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
    HELP!

Hey guys, so for the last week I have been searching on the forums (including this one) and all over AllData for the possible cause of my problem. Here's the low-down...After school last week I started the car and drove to work and everything was 100% fine no issues at all driving there. I parked it and went to work and when I came back to the car to leave I went to start it I got this horrible grinding sound coming from the starter. Now beware this car is lowered but I inspected the harness and it was not even touched nor damaged and then I relocated it. Still no start and still a grinding sound. I then tried to turn the crank clockwise by hand with a breaker bar and I couldn't even get it to turn with my foot kicking it which scared me but I just assumed I wasn't strong enough to over come the compression. So I bought a Re-manufactured starter from Napa and it looked super solid. I installed it and the sound went from cranking and grinding to clicking with no crank at all. I assumed my old crap battery was dead because I live in Arizona so I went ahead and replaced it and still no luck. When I go to start it the relay clicks and the lights shut off. For a second I thought it would be the Crank position sensor but the car would still at least try to crank if it was that. So now I am stuck with no car and no transportation and I am lost. As of now I am going to inspect the wires going to the starter but I don't see why they would all of the sudden just take a crap on me and leave me stranded. Any help is appreciated!
    try rolling the car and then popping it in gear. from the sounds of it your starter isnt lined up to the flywheel. also after you put the new starter in are you sure you hooked all the wires up and did it correctly? the clicking could either be misalignment or just not enough power

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
      try rolling the car and then popping it in gear. from the sounds of it your starter isnt lined up to the flywheel. also after you put the new starter in are you sure you hooked all the wires up and did it correctly? the clicking could either be misalignment or just not enough power
      Its' automatic, I'm gonna pull the starter out and inspect all of the wiring and everything.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Its' automatic, I'm gonna pull the starter out and inspect all of the wiring and everything.
        oh my bad homie. could have swore i remembered reading that it was a manual.

Originally posted by BozoBubble
        Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Got it sorted! Swapped the ECU for a gs300 jz-ge ECU and it started but ran like shit so I reinstalled the original ECU and now it runs. Turns out I have leaky capacitors in my ECU so I ordered some and Im going to repair it this week. In other news I FINALLY got my rear lip mounted and it looks cool.

Also my girlfriend bought me a replica steering wheel to match my replica everything lmaoo

Comment

Lexus dudes halp plz, or anyone who's good with circuit boards... I know I have leaky capacitors in my ECU but I noticed some black funk around what I think are transistors but I can't tell. Can anyone identify the black stuff and if those are transistors or not?

Also you can see here the either crappy soldering job or damage on the capacitor junction.

Comment

Call up or email Tanin auto. They fix that shit on the daily (faded cluster needles and climate lighting too). I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out

Comment

What's up guys

So I managed to pull the ECU apart and replace 8 of the capacitors that really, really needed replacing and I got the car running good again! As of right now I am trying to chase an issue with my low crappy idle that has a misfire but when I accelerate it goes away and runs amazing. So far I'm singling out the TPS, low back pressure due to my stupid 3 inch mid-pipe which I thought was 2.5 inch, or possibly bad injector seals causing the car to run like crap during open loop. Other than that I've been trying to do some cheap DIY projects which are always my favorite because I get to learn a new skill every time. The first one wasn't much of a project but I managed to buy some door trim (75.5"X5.5" for vertex skirts) and mounted it underneath my side-skirt for a splitter. It looks surprisingly really good and just needs paint to be done.

I also picked up some Aviation cutters and some sheet metal and started to design some rear vortex diffusers. I bought a 12"X18" 28 Gauge sheet of sheet metal and got to cutting after I figured out the shape I wanted.

Then started forming them with a 2"X4" lol

Here's a picture of them before I painted them black as seen in the first picture in this post.

Also got some time and was able to trim my bumper in order to run my high beams, honestly I'm glad I didn't shave the holes and it's nice having 10K HID's at 1 in the morning on an open road, literally looks like night vision.

Anyways that's it for now and I've got an HKS mushroom filter and a set of canards coming right now so until then, adios.

Comment

Hi Evan. Keep doing stuff.
                  BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                  Merc 190E - Sold
                  BMW 635CSi - Project
                  Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                  Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
                    Hi Evan. Keep doing stuff.
                    Hi Levi, I will and do you have a thread for your e34 yet?

Comment

Hi Levi, I will and do you have a thread for your e34 yet?
                      Not yet, planning on making one in the spring.
                      BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                      Merc 190E - Sold
                      BMW 635CSi - Project
                      Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                      Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

No real update here just a really good thing happened today, I got accepted into the Mercedes Benz training program and I'll be moving to Boston in a few months to start. SO with that in mind I think its only fair I pick myself up a benz here in a few months so I'm not driving a Lexus to a Mercedes dealership haha! Anyways here's a pic of my POS I haven't done much of anything to it besides some maintenance, diagnosing and trying to fix all of the vacuum leaks 90's cars bring to the table.

Comment

You're going to sell it for a Benz? Wich one do you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by E280Benz View Post
                            You're going to sell it for a Benz? Wich one do you have in mind?
                            No no, This car will be 1JZ and manual swapped in the future but I will be buying another 400e as a daily down the road I'm just waiting on funds and the right car to come up for sale

Comment

Hey guys so not much has happened since I picked up my w124, I've actually lost a lot of interest in the car since I haven't been able to find a w58 to swap for a good price and The car has just been boring me. I'm planning on painting the car here soon and hopefully manual swapping if I ever find a w58. Anyway here's some photos to keep the thread up to date.

Looking into getting a W124 wagon
                              Last edited by 190Evan; 03-28-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Not really an update just some pics to keep this alive, Mercedes is still taking up all of my time lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X