• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehe nice headrests
    pro blades

Comment

This thing is sick! Love the steelies bro
      Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
      The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
      it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
      My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
      My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

IMG-0814 by minthinrich, on Flickr

So I really have not been all that happy with the front end height since I installed the air. I decided to finally do something about it. I was reading about what to do for it to lay frame. So I did a good old frame notch for the axle (didnt need it) and also the tie rods which the car was sitting on. I think I still have some trimming to do here and there since its not really that much lower I dont think. Oh well I had nothing better to do.

IMG-0829 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-0838 by minthinrich, on Flickr

IMG-0841 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Dope. First picture of last post is where it's at. Good work on the notch
          "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
          Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

So after all that work, and waiting a few days I finally aired the car out. Well....I am not happy yet. I will get back to it eventually and figure out whats holding me up.

IMG-0913 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            IMG-0914 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also made a new mount for the controller. There really isnt many spots that looks kinda clean in a mk3. Sure I could have hidden it in the glove box, but I kinda like where I can easily change the height if I need to. Euro rhd lower bin really cant hold anything, since they didnt get cup holders so itll live down there.

IMG-0912 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next up was to finally get the trans setup working correctly. I couldnt get the O2A shifter setup working correctly. I had a hard time adjusting for reverse, and never had 5th gear. I did everything I could outside of ordering the expensive alignment tool. I decided it was finally time to just get the mk4 O2J setup and be done with it. My one friend I race with said it was the best thing he did on his vr years ago. So took a short drive and picked up what I needed. Ended up being the tower was broken which sucked, but I got the shift box in. I didnt take pics of that since I was really frustrated. I ended up picking up another car that came with a spare O2J trans and stole some parts after a failed junkyard run. Some extra parts from Dieselgeek and we have reverse and I think 5th but I need to go for a drive to find out on that.

IMG-0911 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Golf made a new older friend last week. I havent really posted much about it but a few people on here might know about it. I might make another thread, not really sure yet. Anyway onto the specs of what it is.

1984 VW Gti
              2.0 Block, 8v head, Scirocco 16V intake
              EMS Pro standalone management
              Ground Control Sleeves on koni shocks, eibach springs
              16+ wheels and tires
              Kirk Racing 6 point cage

IMG-0865 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              IMG-0872 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              IMG-0904 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              IMG-0959 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              IMG-0960 by minthinrich, on Flickr
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun.

Also, I want your shop.

Comment

Well that's a rabbit I would own. Great acquisition, seems like a capable toy with nice parts.
                  What kind of exhaust does it have on? Would like to hear a sample clip
                  "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                  Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

It's already SO much better without the orange pinstripe

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                      That looks like a lot of fun.

Also, I want your shop.
                      I hope it is. I still havent had a chance to really drive it other than up and down the driveway since I only just finished up a seat mount and its not street legal at all. It took me 8 years of house/garage hunting to find this place, and it was just the right time right place kinda deal.

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                      Well that's a rabbit I would own. Great acquisition, seems like a capable toy with nice parts.
                      What kind of exhaust does it have on? Would like to hear a sample clip
                      It wins its class so its a very "fast" car for what it is. Funny thing is it only has 135hp. It has a very low hanging header but sounds good. I do want to redo the back and maybe just loose the muffler since we dont require one. I will get an exhaust clip next week since it fights me to run when its colder.

IMG-0906 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-0907 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                      It's already SO much better without the orange pinstripe
                      I was glad I pulled it right away. I had some purple glitter strips on it, which actually looked perfect but didnt stick well. That came off and I am debating on maybe teal or something for this year till I repaint the car next year. I still need to pull the orange off the hatch which scares me as its super thin fiberglass (I need to make copies of it) and the grill yet.

Some older videos of the car running the hills

4:23 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDR83McspY

1:46 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYoA6IdXv4c

7:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmGhG6_syCk
                      Last edited by hinrichs; 04-24-2020, 12:40 PM.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Decided it was time to finally put some paint on the euro hatch and lower grill strip. I was tired of moving it around and everytime I looked at the front of the car I was annoyed. Ordered some paint and clear from paintscratch and I am impressed with the match. The paint on the car kinda sucks and needs a cut/polish bad which I hope to get done someday soon. I also should have ordered more clear, oh well.

IMG-1089 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        61046608767--973B06D9-2349-4CE9-9B2F-ED7712547134 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        61046819745--04AF7BBA-5E4F-45E6-A2A3-EB10B3FEF9DF by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        IMG-1103 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        61046486541--480494B5-5C96-4509-8F9A-352883E3784F by minthinrich, on Flickr

I need to call and have the glass installed and the hatch should be done. I am still on the fence with ordering a heckblende and just cant decide if the cost is worth the look or not yet. Also need to find a better grill set up since this one kinda fits like ass. Part of me wants to go back to a golf/gti front anyway and run some early single chamber lights. Also got the level sensors for the car which I need to start working on.
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I love heckblendes on mk1/2s butwould not put one on a mk3, it's cleaner as it is imo

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Sent a text to a guy who did my truck glass. He turned out to be a big VW guy when I asked him about doing the hatch glass a while back. He stopped over last night after he was done work. Nice being able to have a Safelite van to use. Quick check of the glass and we were looking at seal options.

61048149310--1E4F64F0-A590-4A76-8915-3F8C628C059C by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            IMG-1110 by minthinrich, on Flickr

It was fun to watch all the steps as he got it in and everything to fit well. No way I could have done the sealant myself thats for sure.

IMG-1111 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Seal is a little different than what people are usually using. I know the subaru forester is what is preferred, but he suggested against it after installing a few. In person I think it looks perfect. There is more tape and usual to keep the corners to stick till everything sets.

IMG-1113 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            61049696196--F846510A-4A3F-43DF-B201-0EE27AD8C8E5 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also my almost perfect RHD cowl trim showed up as well. I will get more pics of that swapped since I am very excited to finally have a good one.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

So clean mate, i love this thing.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
                                So clean mate, i love this thing.
                                Thanks man, I am really starting to get happy with the car.

Not a great pic, but here is the completed windshield cowl. Looks much better than before. I also have another mint set to just delete wipers which I can always swap out when I am bored. Also really need to either swap this motor, or just start trying to really clean up the bay.

IMG-1121 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also finally pulled off the tape, installed my plates, and got the car outside. I have an emblem on order, and also lights for the plates since I dont think I got any with all the parts in bins. My one friend has a box of parts that hopefully he can find and give me that he had waiting for the swap.

61057543685--A2638F91-D828-4454-8A83-A517B910B625 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                                61057565304--A82C0AB1-9827-4692-9632-0073F23B9326 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X