X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather shorter, stiffer springs, but right now I can't afford it

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• If you are worried about them sitting flat heat them up and lay them flat and bend them in like the are stock.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
      you sir, win this battle.
      “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Krank View Post
        If you are worried about them sitting flat heat them up and lay them flat and bend them in like the are stock.
        lol.

That was my exact thought. lol
        Last edited by andybob; 10-04-2011, 10:23 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

If you are worried about them sitting flat heat them up and lay them flat and bend them in like the are stock.
          Interesting...

Comment

• Heated springs are retarded. Cut the springs to its flat. Not that challenging of a thought.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Explain how you'd cut these to be flat Kielan:

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• you poor bastards
                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Explain how you'd cut these to be flat Kielan:

you already take all the collars off?
                  Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    thinking about cutting the springs on my coils so I can run slammed in the winter.

Edit.

I know Burroughs cut the coils on Rusty when he drove it cross country. I'm just worried about the spring not sitting flat on the perches.
                    good to know im not the only one with that thought,really feel like doing it to the e34,

Comment

• just cut them. it wont hurt anything as long as you have the hard rubber seat in there. I cut my brand new pbm coils

it's impossible to cut them flat and i dont see the heating and bending thing working out well but I could be wrong

IG: @_olliee

Comment

• I mean like flatten the edge of it, cut spring, then take to a belt sander or something and flatten that shit down, it obviously can be done because you buy em that way. It wouldn't be a huge flat edge, but it's flatter than just a normal cut.

Also, heated springs fuck your spring rates, and is the worst possible thing you could do, ride on cut springs > ride on heated springs. Its also nearly impossible to get an even drop.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I meant cut your springs then heat them so they are flat (double-coiled.) Kielan also has a good point with a belt sander of something equivalent.

Comment

I meant cut your springs then heat them so they are flat (double-coiled.) Kielan also has a good point with a belt sander of something equivalent.
                            So even though you're heating up just the end to make it flat to seat properly, that doesn't mess with the whole spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                              So even though you're heating up just the end to make it flat to seat properly, that doesn't mess with the whole spring?
                              Well modifying your spring in any sense messes with it some how.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                Still would fuck with the rates, and even settling.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X