Touring International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touring International

I've been on here for a bit now and have been patiently awaiting a few things to be done to make my car presentable=)
    My full name is Earl Charles Meyer III. Just thowing that out there because it is a pretty badass full name. But onto my cars.
    I've been building my dream car, an 86 Chrysler Conquest TSi, for two years. In this time I have went through a few daily's. Well, I had a problem just leaving my current daily alone, for obvious reasons, and wanted to get it sitting proper. It is a 95 BMW 318ti. Yes the infamous trunk impaired e36 that everyone says they ****, until they see a slammed/stanced one. Then, all of a sudden they say "I **** all other Ti's, except for yours". We know how it is. You all love the nice ones. It's like people who like Hall & Oates. They won't admit it until someone else does. lol But I bought the car from a man who was parting it out technically. My friend bought it, put in a rear diff so that it could drive again, forgot to close the hood tightly and it flew up on the highway. This shattered the windshield and screwed the hood. So he got a new windshield and then sold the car to me. Enough typing. Here are some pictures for you.i

Almost immediately after I bought and washed it:

Roughly a month later:

At that time it was maxxed out on Rokkors in the rear and had about 3/4" in front to go.

And on Sunday:

That was taken by a new friend and photographer of mine, David (Davis) Monzingo.
    I was scrambling to get the car together for Eurowerks Saturday and that is a shot during the ride home.
    It is plastidipped Camo Tan right now. Took 13 cans, 4 hours, and staying up until 2am friday to get it done. Unfortunately we are dumb and didn't tape anything off. So there is still a lot to peel (such as parts of the mirror, misc rubber trim, and my rain tray). But we powered through to get it done so that my bumper and header panel matched the car for Eurowerks the following day. lol
    The wheels are a set of Style 5's I bought for $650 and refinished by polishing the lips, coating them with shark hide, adding new nuts and gold bolts, and then making a custom center. Here is a better shot:

The center is now clearcoated instead of raw vinyl.

A short list of whats done currently.

Exterior:
    Camo Tan plastidip
    DJ Auto Projectors w/ city light
    New Amber Corners
    M Tech Bumper
    Clubsport/M tech Door Moulding
    M Tech Sideskirt (no plugs=/)
    Black/White Roundels
    Debadged "318"
    Smoked vinyl over top of tail lights
    Cattech Skid plate
    17x8 Style 5's
    Nexxen N3000 205/40 tires(didn't stretch as much as the usual 205/40 =/ )

Engine:
    Original M42
    Kamotors Intake

Suspension:
    E30 Bilstein HD rear shocks
    Rokkor Coils (maxxed out and riding bump stops)

Interior:
    Subaru modified shift knob
    Shift boot and e-brake boot
    Cleaned up a bit

Before:

After:

More things on their way in the mail. As well as an actual paint job soon=D
    Any thoughts or criticism are welcome.
    Last edited by Earl; 07-25-2012, 08:58 PM.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

criticism: this car is sexy af
    thoughts:

P.S welcom to stanceworks

Comment

Haha Thanks. Hopefully have some parts soon for me to start my build thread off proper
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

that's quite a change, and it looks great

Comment

Thanks. I have to fit the front lip and I'm waiting on some projector shrouds. I forgot to mention I bought this October 1st last year and it was rust free. Some surface spots now from the mandatory winter driving=(
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

I really like the color camo tan. Looks good! Thanks for posting before and after pics. The best posts to read always do! IMO.
            Instagram / Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Peeled the roof Friday night, as well as delensed the low beams. My projector shrouds don't fit so I'm figuring out what to do there. Here is a crappy instagram picture that got pixelized when I put it on instagram=D
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Like the color.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                Originally posted by Oxer
                You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
                X