My SC300 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SC300 build

I'm back! I haven't been on the forums here in a while, as I've been busy with finishing college, life, this car, etc. As, some of you may know, I have been without the Cavalier since last September, and this 1999 SC300 is my new muse. Since I got it, I've added a few things, listed below, and We'll see where the road takes me from here...
    The old Cavalier:

Day 1 with the SC:

And present day:
    Since I bought it, I've done the following:
    BC coilovers
    19x8.5" (+35mm +5mm spacer = e.t. +30mm) and 19x9.5" (+38mm +5mm spacer = e.t. +33mm) Stance SC5 wheels
    Achilles ATR tires 225/35/19 and 245/35/19
    6000K low beams and 3000K fogs with yellow tint
    HIC rear window visor
    Pro 1 axle back exhaust (not pictured below)
    32% tint

I only had a few pics posted randomly since the drop, so this is the first 'shoot' since then. I'm happy with the car's stance as is, and I don't really plan on going much lower, at least without doing fender work. Also, just upgraded my DSLR to a Canon 60D, so I'm breaking it in and figuring it out. These are just a few that I've edited so far, I'll add some more as I finish! Comments and criticism are welcome!

An interior shot:

Last weekend's project:
    Quick update! I got my new exhaust in and installed today! The Pro 1/Pro Speed eBay one, and I love it! It's a little quiet, so I may have the cat back re-done and resonators deleted...

The old and busted 13 year old set up!

And the new, shiny set up!

Got lunch sans mufflers, it was a little loud, lol

And the new ones installed!

And the videos (pardon the iPhone quality) without mufflers and with the new ones installed.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFIHALMicE"]Lexus SC300 without mufflers - sound clip - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKV_Hz9FVE"]Lexus SC300 - sound clip with a Pro 1 Axle-back Exhaust installed - YouTube[/ame]

Flickr Photostream | My Build Thread | Stalk me on Instagram, yo!

Good start, and are you from the Kennesaw area?

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
      Good start, and are you from the Kennesaw area?
      Thanks, and yes, sir. Just graduated from KSU, actually, haha.

Comment

I love these SC's. Easily one of my favorite coupes ever.

Comment

Nice ride although it seem like you got the mufflers for looks as the sound does not differ a great deal from one video to the other... looks great though

http://www.mvip.com.au
          clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by FlatRocker View Post
            I love these SC's. Easily one of my favorite coupes ever.
            Me too. I was debating a few other cars, but once I saw one of these lowered on nice wheels, I knew I had to have one.

Originally posted by Marsss View Post
            Nice ride although it seem like you got the mufflers for looks as the sound does not differ a great deal from one video to the other... looks great though
            Kinda... the video does it no justice, I'll get a better one soon. It sounds more like the no-muffler video, just with the volume turned down, haha. Its a little bit quieter. Has a nice low rpm rumble, but still quiet at highway speeds and minimum cabin noise. Its more subtle and tame compared to other SCs, but I don't want to be totally obnoxious and become a target around here, the red gets enough attention, lol

Comment

Man thats a huge come up!!! congrats

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                Man thats a huge come up!!! congrats
                lol, the Cavalier was a fun car, it was my first car at 17, had it for 4-5 years, put a little bit of money into it, and just enjoyed the droptop. The SC is a significant improvement, though, haha. Leather, heated seats, telescoping wheel, and much more. Plus its way more of a head-tuner

Comment

And it's more of an ADULT car. You can drive this for the rest of your life if you chose so. Cuz it will always keep its classy etiquette.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                    And it's more of an ADULT car. You can drive this for the rest of your life if you chose so. Cuz it will always keep its classy etiquette.
                    Damn straight! Not many people believe the car is 13 years old (hell, the first SCs made in 1992 are now 20 years! geez...) but I definitely love how the car does not look dated at all. Just simple, elegant styling. And I'd love to keep this car for the rest of my life, enjoy it, re-do everything, fresh paint, new leather, maybe some boost, more low, etc etc. All in good time... I've only had her for like 9 months...

Comment

love love love sc's
                      my buddies sc

Comment

I plan on buying an SC or a 850i coupe. Those are my two favorite coupes, and I wouldn't be able to decide if both showed up for sale haha. Nice rig so far, can't wait to see where else you go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
                          love love love sc's
                          my buddies sc
                          Thanks, and thats a bit over the top for my taste... different though.
                          Originally posted by FlatRocker View Post
                          I plan on buying an SC or a 850i coupe. Those are my two favorite coupes, and I wouldn't be able to decide if both showed up for sale haha. Nice rig so far, can't wait to see where else you go with it.
                          Can't disagree with the 850i, those cars are so gorgeous (surprised I only saw one at SoWo this year...). And thanks, I don't plan on anything to extreme, but I would love a fujin lip up front, maybe an Auto Couture sides and rear, spoiler delete, LS Big brakes, rolled fenders and more low, and fresh paint (some panels don't match from crappy paint work by the previous owner...) besides improving the looks, maybe a supercharger, since everyone asks if the "SC" is for supercharged lol (also, the 2JZ GE is a pain to turbo, form what I've heard, hence most guys swapping to 2JZ GTE or 1JZs...). In due time, we'll see what happens!

Comment

I'm guessing you're not into slamming it, huh? lol Definitely a step up!
                            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                              I'm guessing you're not into slamming it, huh? lol Definitely a step up!
                              Got nothing against slamming. I can still go down far on my BCs, but the fenders would need work first. I would love to go lower and I'm definitely tempted. my steep driveway is the only other issue to work around... haha

Comment

Working...
                              X