No announcement yet.

76 Mini Clubman Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verrrrrrry cool. I have a '63 850 myself. Love the minis you have done (saw a little bit on them in your van thread)

subscribing!

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

this definately needs more pics
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        this definately needs more pics
        +1

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

I've never seen one of these before, this is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see whats coming up next
          sigpic

Comment

Well I have been mainly focusing on getting the Morris Minor up and running the last few weeks, plus since the van is the DD I have to give that attention as well this Friday. In the next few weeks I will be getting the Mini ready for a club event I am putting together in early April. With that said, I will hit it hard probably next Friday. Lined up is disc brake conversion, converting to springs instead of cones, hi'los, new adjustable lowered shocks, fabricate rear camber plates, rebound bumpstops, cambered front arms, adjustable tie rods.... and if I have time, black carpet, dye interior door cards black, fabricate lowered/tucked roof rack off the trabant, and convert to the center gauge setup... oh plus install lap belts that I have so I can have the baby finally ride in there for donut runs.

1998 Astro, 1976 Mini Clubman Estate, 1985 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Comment

Well pulled the trigger on the gauge. Ordered the GPS sender to go with it. Should mix it up that the normal smith setup. Other than not much going on, shaved a few things on the rear, got some meatball door numbers. Possibly this Friday I will dig into the Mini. Just got 2 cars infront of it. Got 1 month till the Mini Run! OH PS, I have been saving a carbon fiber dash I made years ago, I was planning on tossing it in this car. Maybe it will go with the theme... not sure what my theme is yet... low and slow. Like most of my cars. low rally retro... I just like em clean and simple.

Last edited by notabmw1; 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

This is so awesome!
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

just saw a clubman estate like yours the other day at a body shop on route 1 in elkridge. they are sick

IG: Nick475

Comment

Your collection is awesome and unique! What is it like importing a car yourself?

Comment

YYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss
                      IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                        just saw a clubman estate like yours the other day at a body shop on route 1 in elkridge. they are sick
                        That is my buddy Mike's getting some rust repair, and paint. It is a white one correct? Got a 1380 in it. Trying to copy me, lol! Always got to take it to the next level. Trying to get him to bring it out on the Mini run in April, but I don't think his will be ready in time... mine will knock on wood. Maybe not with all the bells and whistles. Really thinking about getting some Mini time in this Friday. But I have to replace motor mounts on the van, and get fuel pump/accumulator, brake lines installed on the Morris too. Good thing I now have a bearded assistant to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by notabmw1 View Post
                          Well pulled the trigger on the gauge. Ordered the GPS sender to go with it. Should mix it up that the normal smith setup. Other than not much going on, shaved a few things on the rear, got some meatball door numbers. Possibly this Friday I will dig into the Mini. Just got 2 cars infront of it. Got 1 month till the Mini Run! OH PS, I have been saving a carbon fiber dash I made years ago, I was planning on tossing it in this car. Maybe it will go with the theme... not sure what my theme is yet... low and slow. Like most of my cars. low rally retro... I just like em clean and simple.

I love this! In the process of restoring the interior of a 1969 Mini, which has a huge tach hung off the dashboard. I want to keep a tach but not so garish, and this speedo looks like it might be perfect! Do you anticipate it is a direct fit?
                          Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

I looked at alot of different options, by far the best option is the Haneline 5n1 gauge I got for the Morris Minor with v6 in it because it fits the stock 5.5" hole in the dash. This gauge however, as with 99% of the others are only 5". So instead of sitting on top of the dash, it will be flush with the hole in the center. I will be running the fuel gauge left, dual oil pressure and water temp on right, and this guy in the middle. I wanted something kinda stock looking but different. Plus speedo and tach combo is fantastic. I just wish the damn things were not so bloody expensive. Again, that is why I like the Haneline gauges, great bang for the buck.

Oh p.s you can get gauge trim rings that would fill the gap to flush mount them.

You get the idea, just have to get creative!
                            Last edited by notabmw1; 03-19-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info!
                              Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Looks cool, get on it!
                                Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                                You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X