No announcement yet.

Turning stupid into fun - W123 300D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome man can't wait to see what you do with it. I got a 300td 1980, can't wait to drop it.

Comment

Your interior is so much nicer than mine! Im jalous of your uncracked dash!

For the coil tool, I came across a guy in Montreal who was about to buy it. He was willing to rent it to me after he used it. I will keep you informed. Maybe we can set up a coil-cutting weekend hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by M.Sam View Post
        Your interior is so much nicer than mine! Im jalous of your uncracked dash!

For the coil tool, I came across a guy in Montreal who was about to buy it. He was willing to rent it to me after he used it. I will keep you informed. Maybe we can set up a coil-cutting weekend hahaha!

Oh yeah! Now we're talking! Still need to get mine mechanically ready for inspection and evaluation to get me some plates though
        Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Little update

So not much has been done lately, but I still got some little things done! Started fiberglass work on one of the fenders just to keep it from falling apart this winter. I've found 2 replacements and a replacement rear passenger door that I'll swap in the spring. First things first though, I need to get it up and rolling ASAP.

My buddy Jay doing work on the fenders

I got my front calipers back from being rebuilt and got my braided brake lines from the hydraulics shop

Still waiting for the rest of my brake components before I start putting shit back together

The car also decided to spring a diesel leak near the fuel pump. I'll have to get that sorted out too... Hopefully it isn't something that'll be a pita to fix. If anybody has a clue how the piece is assembled in this picture, I'd like to know what could possibly go wrong there. Seals? Loose fittings? Haven't had the time to look into that yet.

Also gave the engine bay a quick wash with some spray nine. Didn't scrub or anything so I still have work to do in there

And I had to snap a shot of that rockin' booty again

More updates as shit gets done! I also just got my SW plate surrounds and windshield banners
          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Another small update

Just ordered some wheels

16x7.5 & 16x9 ET20 ESM Style 002s

I'll sort out the rubber when the bank won't be after my limbs anymore
            Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Im curious about the fitting of those wheels! I will be waiting for pics I was planing something similar for mine ( 16x8, 16x9 or 15x8 15x9, dont know yet ) Are those came in 5x112 or you will be running those with adapters?

Comment

cool nice wheels in good dimension
                sigpic

Comment

SUBscribed, mang

Comment

Originally posted by M.Sam View Post
                    Im curious about the fitting of those wheels! I will be waiting for pics I was planing something similar for mine ( 16x8, 16x9 or 15x8 15x9, dont know yet ) Are those came in 5x112 or you will be running those with adapters?

They are 5x112 Will see if I need any spacers when they arrive though.
                    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

pretty good start. How is it doing maintenance on those old diesel? I heard they never die, but then again that could be associated with major costs. haha

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

So far parts have been cheap! I have to get used to working on the benz though, quite different from my last car :P And all I can say so far about maintenance on this one is... Well, nothing really All I've had to do was buy her a battery, put some new diesel and diesel cleaner in the tank, change oil and oil filter and she runs perfect! The gas pedal got stuck yesterday afternoon; decided to take it for a little spin without brakes on the street where I work Just stuck my foot behind the pedal and pulled it back! Nothing a little lube won't fix! Other than that, some rotten brake lines were changed, which cost me like 150$ including the braided stainless ones at the 4 corners.

In the end, though, it's still an '84 that sat without running for 6 years, so some wear and tear was to be expected. Motor seems fine though, I let it run for maybe half an hour every day
                        Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Did you get that thing on the road yet?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                            Did you get that thing on the road yet?
                            Still waiting for my parts to come in from the U.S. Rear rotors were B/O, then got an email telling me that I couldn't get them at all so 3 weeks after I placed my order I had to pick a different brand. Everything is in the mail though, so should be getting the parts soon.

On a brighter note, my wheels arrive tomorrow I also borrowed my dad's 50mm lens to mess with, so I will obviously be snapping a couple pics

Lack of updates is mostly due to the fact that I've done 120 hours in overtime in the last month. My free time has been more or less devoted to drinking and sleeping

Here are a few shots that have been sleeping in the camera, just because I can't update without pictures

Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Your interior is so clean! Sub'd.

Comment

Cut dem springs already... 3 front 2 rear
                                Follow on IG
                                amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                                Vintage AME Wheels