X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
    lol
    Am I wrong? Overall diameter is almost the same.

Edit: Oh wait I know what you mean. Yeah I just didn't like knowing I had a 35 sidewall, scared me. But still you know what I meant.
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Falken 912 205/40 stretch really nice on 9's:

Same tire on an 8:

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Nice those look good.

Nankangs stretch pretty good, my 205/40s on 9 stretched alitte more than that did.
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Lol I'm not a racecar driver, I'll probably end up with Nexens or some shit.
          Haha me neither, but I like how they stretch. I have 205 40s on an 8.5, so very mild stretch. Affordable price. Works for me.

Are the ACS 18x8.5?

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
          ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

• Kelly you gonna need some 25mm's for the rears and at least 15mm's for the fronts.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
              Nice those look good.

Nankangs stretch pretty good, my 205/40s on 9 stretched alitte more than that did.
              912's have a curb protector lip that's kinda bulky. That's one of the biggest changes between the 912's and the 512's according to out tire rep at work.

I talked with him for about a half hour one day debating the whole 512 vs 912 issue. He talked to Falken and the "core" of the 912 tire is the same mold they used for the 512, they just added the bigger curb lip to help re-inforce the sidewall.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                912's have a curb protector lip that's kinda bulky. That's one of the biggest changes between the 912's and the 512's according to out tire rep at work.

I talked with him for about a half hour one day debating the whole 512 vs 912 issue. He talked to Falken and the "core" of the 912 tire is the same mold they used for the 512, they just added the bigger curb lip to help re-inforce the sidewall.
                I guess that might be why they don't run narrow like the 512's do.
                Fuck I'd love to find 205 and 215/40/18 512's to run on the RS.
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Fucking A! Passed my 4th kidney stone since Feb.
                  BMW E38
                  That White Evo
                  -SOLD
                  instagram @kbuss
                  flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post

I had a set of bridgestones that had the same curb protector deal, I thought it was a little goofy. I'm much happier with the FK452s.

That's interesting that 512s and 912s are so similar.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

I guess that might be why they don't run narrow like the 512's do.
                      Fuck I'd love to find 205 and 215/40/18 512's to run on the RS.
                      If you find them you'd better buy them now. They are getting pretty rare.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                        Fucking A! Passed my 4th kidney stone since Feb.
                        Da fuq?
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

Da fuq?
                          Bad luck I guess. Pretty painful.
                          BMW E38
                          That White Evo
                          -SOLD
                          instagram @kbuss
                          flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by EThirtySicks View Post
                            That's interesting that 512s and 912s are so similar.
                            Our tire rep told me that the 912 replaced the 512 that's why they are so similar. According to him, the 512's were garbage in the rain so the redesign 912's improved wet traction and overall quality of the tire. Also, the 512's used to have cracking issues on the sidewalls, and the addition of the curb protector strip on the 912's eliminated this.

Like I said, this is just what he told me, but I'm pretty sure his info is legit. I know he goes to a lot of seminars around the country when tire manufactures release new products.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                              Bad luck I guess. Pretty painful.
                              And so I've heard. Ouch.
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• The Bruins lost, it's a good thing I'm not a real fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X