91' GMC Syclone Daily Driver Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91' GMC Syclone Daily Driver Build.

Been a long time lurker on SW, Have made a few posts, but usually just browse...

Should of started this build thread on here a long time ago but here it is now...

My 1991 GMC Syclone Project, Known by my close friends and family as Project: Clone This

I Bought this truck in august 2010 from its previous owner in Virginia, Purchased just as it looks in the pictures below without an engine, otherwise a complete roller. I was told it previously spent the rest of its life in Arizona (can't confirm this though), although it was mint and rust free which was the only way I wanted it.

The plan was a pro touring inspired, far from cosmetically perfect Syclone, packed with the finest aftermarket parts and good fitment. I wanted it to be my daily driver, grocery getter and track monster. Basically something that I could drive daily , drive hard and thoroughly enjoy while building my Typhoon project.

Original Plans were:

-Frame Up Build
    -New Paint
    -LS1 or LS2 with some bolt ons
    -4l80e Tans with a stall
    - Forced induction (somewhere down the road)
    -Tubular Control Arms
    -Coilovers F & R
    - Big Sway Bars
    - Keep AC and all the goodies.

And not much more...It wasnt suppost to get crazy... then it did.

I've now realized that I always exceed my plans for vehicles and I cant leave anything alone. I'm on of those "while im there why not do this as well" car guys. Probably like most of us here.

Anyways, after the first day or two of work it looked like this...

Got some parts

Then it was naked

Got my parts car with a new heart and a trans

then the cab came off

Started working on the body, taping, painting, prepping, body work....all that fun stuff

Started to dye my interior, first was the dash while the window was out for paint. All s10s/blazers had either burgandy blue or gray interior....always wanted black.

started to do the frame....cut all the useless, crossmembers, hangers, brackets ect off.

sandblasted everything I could

primed and satin

motor came out

After cleaning it, engine shampooing and adic dipping the ls1 I did some motor work

Started to dissassemble and install parts.

Started cleaning and painting, polishing and or powdercoating literally everything....

My 4 link arrived, had it powdercoated gloss black, then things started to get mocked up and finally started going back together....

Fast forward....took the Rolling chasis into town to pickup the box from work....

More Body and prep work and long nights....

Got some more parts....

To speed everyone up to what ive done to this thing in the last year and a half will take forever... So from here ill just show a few more pics to speed you up to the current stae of the truck.

There is a full Build thread available showing way more in depth posts and a very very detailed build thread. I plan on continuing the same type of build thread with the same amount of depth here on StanceWorks as the project nears completion and as it continues!

I really encourage you to take the time and read my build thread on syty.net and leave your comments and critisism and any questions here. The link to my build is below...

Hope you've enjoyed it...

Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
    93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Hmm...

LSX=thumbsup
    Big camshaft=thumbsup
    Syclone=thumbsup
    ZR1's=thumbsup
    4l80e=me myself I would prefer a T56, for teh gearjammin activities. haha
    Build=Thumbsup.

This thing is sick, and looks like you're taking your time, and building something awesome, so job well done sir, keep it going. What cam by the way?
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

I like this a lot, keep up the good work!
      Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
      Internet high five for you.

Comment

Drool... i like this alot. keep up the good work!!

Comment

strong work

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

This is so sick.

Comment

O Dang man this is ridiculously awesome

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

those stock mirrors are aweful.

Nice build though, I love how it's not just the engine thats getting an upgrade, it's the whole damn thing.

I will be watching this.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but, fuck you.

You own, literally, the perfect daily (although I must agree, would've gone T56, but that does not ruin this build AT ALL for me).

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

In... Used to have a V8 small block Jimmy Always wanted a Typhoon!

Comment

Well then, this is freakin' awesome.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

This is quite a build. I love Typhoons and Syclones. And I love those wheels.
                        Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
                          Hmm...

LSX=thumbsup
                          Big camshaft=thumbsup
                          Syclone=thumbsup
                          ZR1's=thumbsup
                          4l80e=me myself I would prefer a T56, for teh gearjammin activities. haha
                          Build=Thumbsup.

This thing is sick, and looks like you're taking your time, and building something awesome, so job well done sir, keep it going. What cam by the way?
                          Thanks so much for the approval, Ive been dreaming about this truck amoung other builds for years. The truck may get a t-56 next year, but as far as a 4l80e in a syty. there are a few who claim to have them and daily them but its really hasnt been accomplished yet. plus my typhoon is converted to rwd w/ a t56 and a built motor

Ill continue to take my time and make it perfect because im already in over my head, camp specs are:

Comp Cams - Torquer V2. - 232/234 .595/.598 with a 112 LSA

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                          I like this a lot, keep up the good work!
                          Thanks for the love!

Originally posted by D3nali91 View Post
                          Drool... i like this alot. keep up the good work!!
                          Thanks, ill try my best

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                          strong work
                          thanks!

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                          This is so sick.
                          Happy you like it!

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                          O Dang man this is ridiculously awesome
                          Haha Didnt think i'd be getting these responses. Usually theres not much love for syty's

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                          those stock mirrors are aweful.

Nice build though, I love how it's not just the engine thats getting an upgrade, it's the whole damn thing.

I will be watching this.
                          Yess Syclone mirrors are terrible! One of the first things I changed was the mirrors for a set of 92-93 Typhoon mirrors.

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                          PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but, fuck you.

You own, literally, the perfect daily (although I must agree, would've gone T56, but that does not ruin this build AT ALL for me).
                          Haha, Dont worry I wont. And thank you, I have a t-56 that will probably be getting swapped in not this winter but the next, but for now with the money ive put into my fully built 4l80 and stall converter ill be keeping it. That and I need to finish figuring out how the transfer case and 6-speed will go together.

The 4l80e with my 3500 tripple disc stall, the way its set up should suprise alot of people. plus its bullet proof! Although the automatic may not be as fun for daily duties, when doing long drives, 1/4 mile times and whatever daily situations life throws at me the auto will be better.

Originally posted by NinoHale View Post
                          In... Used to have a V8 small block Jimmy Always wanted a Typhoon!
                          haha I've had too many s-series trucks...I love them. You should buy a Typhoon, you wouldnt regret it!

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Well then, this is freakin' awesome.
                          Thank you!

For the 6-speed lovers, my red/red 6-speed rwd Ty project....

Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
                          93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

Wow this is friggin amazing man! Love these trucks and you do badass work!

Comment

This is seriously rad. I need an s10 I think...

Comment

Working...
                              X