No announcement yet.

My ED6... weekend racer on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 15 I was taking apart airsoft guns and your taking about motors!
    NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur.M View Post
      Love the ukelele. Oh and the EF, I like it.
      Hey, thanks man! I actually just got frets on it. I used nails from an air gun and it worked out great!

Originally posted by NathanHeeney View Post
      At 15 I was taking apart airsoft guns and your taking about motors!
      Hey, we've all got to start somewhere! I'm sure you've done things other people just gawk at. Thanks for the kind words, too.

Right, so I finally got a chance to upload the pictures of my suspension craze. It wasn't as fun as it sounds...

All the new stuff.

The lower ball joints

Upper ball joints

Cam seals

Clutch cable

Poly bushings (Which end up being the wrong ones!) :

So with it being early morning I wasn't too in the mood to work yet, so I took a couple artsy pictures and got on the facebook.

Maybe I'll edit them and become tumblr famous.... probably not

Okay, so now that I had my fun for the day, I finally got to work.

Valve cover off!

Cam caps out. It's nice to see that these cams don't even have all their factory coating off yet. Legit ITR cams.

Old cam seals vs. new. Unfortunately, I have been leaking oil down the front of my block like MAD. It looked to be the head gasket. I replaced that last week... it wasn't the head gasket :/
      After replacing these seals the leaking slowed but didn't stop. So after all this was done I replaced the valve cover gasket and it FINALLY slowed to near a stop. I **** oil leaks!

After the motor was all back together, I tore apart the suspension. Here, my hands got too greasy to hold the camera so there really aren't that many pictures... like three.

old vs. new

This is the wear on my LCA bushings... I really wish I had gotten the right ones.

So that was that! Got it all back together, and quickly aligned the car with a tape measure. After I lowered my car, I never really adjusted the toe. My wheels were sticking SO far in the opposite direction... it was horrible. And unsafe. Later, once I get the proper bushings I'd like to get a professional alignment.

Anyway, there is SUCH a noticeable difference in turning, accelerating, and pretty much everything after installing these new ball joints! Plus its actually safe now. You should see the play in my old ones!

Downsides to these new ball joints? They stinkin' raised the front of my car almost an inch! grrrrr.... I really liked not having to cut the front springs. Looks like I'll have to :/

All in all, it was worth the work. I can rest assured that my spindle won't decide to leave me after hitting a bump on the highway.
      Last edited by M.Doban; 07-19-2012, 10:34 PM.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Wow, the car looks great! It just got better and better as it went along! Good progress and I'm glad it's still pretty functional...that's always a bonus. Overall, very nice car and tasteful mods. Well done.

Yours is the first one of these that I've actually liked. So be proud
        Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

Looking good as always man

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Well this isn't an update really. Honestly I haven't done much to the car in a long time. Just little stuff. I commute to school now and have just been enjoying driving it every day. Great gas mileage too!

I got some flat-head bolts for the steering wheel because the normal screws I had kept backing out.

I've had this shift knob for a couple years now but it's still super cool. My friend actually milled this from a chunk of aluminum and gave it to me because I was having trouble shifting my wee ball shift knob. Great guy!

aaand some engine shots... My old valve cover is back on.

Basically what happened was my old motor mounts got destroyed from the power I'm making and the cover was hitting the hood and it gouged it up in several spots. So last week I looked it and thought, "man, that's a shame it's just sitting there... I'm going to redo it." So I sanded it down and ground the gouges smooth. Turns out it looked cool like that. Wrote on it and called it a day.

Then My buddy and I went to Morain State park to rip around on the SUPER nice twisty roads.

And that's about it. I don't plan on doing anything to this car for a bit. The hope is that Matt (Integra in picture) will buy my current motor, trans, EVERYTHING leaving me with an empty engine bay. With the money I'm going to throw a stocker in, rip out all the wiring and carb it. With the shorter motor I can lower the car more. I will also pick up a 240z and do all sorts of cool stuff to it. Like I said these are just dreams but they will most likely come true. CANT. WAIT.
            Last edited by M.Doban; 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM.

Builds:

Comment

Nice last stage

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

<-- Also Micah xD

Awesome work man!
                -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

lookin good!

IG: Nick475

Comment

I love all of the progress and work you have done on this car! I've always wanted an ef cause it's pretty much a mini cb lol.

But I'll be watching this for more updates, hope to see some soon!

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by hondarida5 View Post
                      Nice last stage
                      Thanks, man!

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
                      <-- Also Micah xD

Awesome work man!
                      No way! Are you from a Christian family too? It's a pretty biblical name.
                      Thanks for the kind words too!

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                      lookin good!
                      Shanksh.

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                      I love all of the progress and work you have done on this car! I've always wanted an ef cause it's pretty much a mini cb lol.

But I'll be watching this for more updates, hope to see some soon!
                      Ahhh they are so small! The pics make it look normal sized but it's NOT.
                      Thanks a lot, man. I don't know how soon I'll be able to fulfill your hopes but I'll see what I can do!

Builds:

Comment

that thing must be a handful on the streets, love it man!

Comment

Hell yes man. That's one hell of a hatch.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                            No way! Are you from a Christian family too? It's a pretty biblical name.
                            Thanks for the kind words too!
                            haha yeah, was raised Baptist, don't really identify with any particular denomination anymore though. Still kinda dig the Hebrew origin though, not many of us out there. Cheers!
                            -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                            -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                            -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                            -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by stihlayota View Post
                              that thing must be a handful on the streets, love it man!
                              It certainly rips! If I'm just cruising in second gear and stomp it, it blows the tires off once it reaches about 5,000. It just sounds so hairy too. Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by tstacks View Post
                              Hell yes man. That's one hell of a hatch.
                              Thanks a lot man! Means a lot coming from someone as prestigious as yourself. (I'm assuming that's your Odyssey in your avatar).

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
                              haha yeah, was raised Baptist, don't really identify with any particular denomination anymore though. Still kinda dig the Hebrew origin though, not many of us out there. Cheers!
                              Cool! Yeah, there's not many with this name out there. I kinda like it like that.

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post

Thanks a lot man! Means a lot coming from someone as prestigious as yourself. (I'm assuming that's your Odyssey in your avatar).
                                Not mine. I do drive it and work on it quite often as it is the shop vehicle and my civic is out of comission every now and then

Comment

Working...
                                X