No announcement yet.

SRS airbags suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side impact bags deploying makes me think you hit an uneven bump, and convinced the tilt sensor that the car was rolling over?

or did this happen stationary?

sick E39

Not stanced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Simple solution, don't replace them. I removed the airbag module and the passenger airbag from my car for this exact reason. Just waiting on a new steering wheel so i can get rid of that airbag too.
      The seat airbag is really shitty bc it tore his R32 seat at the bolster the length of the seatback. Apparently all the rumors about airbag lights being on not causing airbags to go off is false lol

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Hahahah that's crazy!

So awesome seeing a well known east coast car next to a well known west coaster.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
          you got 'teabagged' in your sleep?
          I lol'd. Hard.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

olek, it was great meeting you and pavel -- hope to see you again soon :P

Comment

$100 well spent!
              1999 E36 M3 Cosmos
              Longboarding, and BMW's

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                That sucks, those aren't cheap to replace. My friend Swoops actually blew his passenger side curtain and seat airbags after smashing into a steel plate outside the Triboro bridge a few weeks ago. 2 blown airbags, a destroyed oil pan, oil pump, PS pump, and subframe later, the car is on the road again haha
                I think I vaguely remember reading about this on vortex a long time ago. May not have been swoops though.

Pavels bags are cheap to replace because i've parted out like 3 e39s and still have the bags from them so it won't be an issue. It was definitely an experience though.

Originally posted by simsima325 View Post
                side impact bags deploying makes me think you hit an uneven bump, and convinced the tilt sensor that the car was rolling over?

or did this happen stationary?

sick E39
                This happened stationary. Just going smooth 70mph on flat highway. It happened to him a few months ago and that time I think the car thought it was rolling because he took a turn way to fast. He never replaced the main airbag sensor which is probably shorted out which resulted in this side exploding for no reason.

Originally posted by cheez80 View Post
                olek, it was great meeting you and pavel -- hope to see you again soon :P
                You to bro. I look forward to kicking it with you guys again.

Comment

So, all in all, you guys got slapped in the head with some bags?

Nicccccccce.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

haven't seen pavel's car in a while. it still amazes me how clean he manages to keep that front bumper. hardly a scrape.

funny story though, sucks you took his bags to the head
                    -George
                    flickr

Comment

Thanks to everyone for great replies!
                      This trip was trully amaizing!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Great story.

Good meeting you Olek at SOTU.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                        Originally posted by Oxer
                        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

happened to me too on my old 92 Acura Legend couple, If your oil pan makes contact with the pavement on an airbag'd car there is a very high chance of the bags exploding as the sensor reads engine movement, since my oilpan made contact with the pavement in a dip, it moved the engine upward which triggered both driver and passenger airbags, also the passenger airbag blew the front windshield out (genius Japanese design).

Comment

my favourite e39! so dope, so gangsta, so fawkin' everythin'...

more pictures will make me more happy!

flickr

Comment

im confused. pavel, when i talked with you that weekend, i was under the impression that you didnt own the wheels anymore....
                              Originally posted by Kielan
                              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                                im confused. pavel, when i talked with you that weekend, i was under the impression that you didnt own the wheels anymore....
                                I don't.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Working...
                                X