X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    One day as in tomorrow?
    I wish Jorge! I'm on a tight student budget at the moment - a respray will come first (Aiming for July!) as she's looking a little patchy, what with the primer patches and all, then I'll see what I can bribe dad to do suspensionwise - looking at a Spax shocks conversion, as at the moment she's on leafsprings and trunnions... not lows friendly.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

flip the leaf springs

Comment

Originally posted by sCrapp View Post
        flip the leaf springs
        And the front?

Though I am thinking of lowering blocks.

RT changes lives.

Comment

naah just drive it like a dog dragging its arse...

Comment

naah just drive it like a dog dragging its arse...
            Haha, that'd be really funny! Only problem is I'm such a short lil' girl I gotta sit on a cushion to see over the bonnet anyways!
            Upside to a moggy? RWD.

RT changes lives.

Comment

well, i guess that options out the window then.... dangg.

what are your plans other than lowering and re-spraying?

Comment

well, i guess that options out the window then.... dangg.

what are your plans other than lowering and re-spraying?
                in the market for some nicer wider wheels, and to smooth down some of the lines - i'd also like to unbolt the wings, cut the tabs and weld them back on, and if the need arises with new wheels, bring them out a bit (flare, not widen the whole thing)
                also got a boot rack for christmas.

a 'shop my friend did when he was in a 'euro' mood - personally i'd keep her white (-er than she is now... 40 year old paint is less than brilliant even after a t-cut) and leave off the purple roof. he dehandled her.. which kinda just makes the sideline stand out a bit more, plus i wouldn't trust my battery to power door opening solenoids, so i think i'll end up just leaving the door handles.
                considering cutting the bumpers so they'd fit closer to the body
                id' think about a roof chop, but as she's monocoque that'll be a lot of dealing with DVLA and probably a Q plate, and i like my plate

open to ideas and suggestions tho!

interior needs new carpet, but i wanna keep all my junk - got a bauble, lightsaber, metal chicken silhouette and a million air fresheners hanging from middle mirror and a load of beanie babies on the parcel shelf. wanna upgrade sound system - we're running a kenwood with some speakers i got out of an old rangerover at the moment!

interior cluttery, exterior nice and smooth n clean pls.

the best thing about her current wheels? the tyres - firestone originals

RT changes lives.

Comment

Ahhh ratmog...if I'm looking at that diagram correctly you have torsion bar suspension up front, similar to beetles, which = remove a few bolts, remove arm, turn arm on splines, reinsert arm. LOW. Flip the leafs/get them reset/order custom and you'll be killing it!!!! You have the most cost effective suspension here!

Polish the bumpers, hubcaps and other chrome, lower it, paint the wheels white and it'd be perfect imo

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                    Ahhh ratmog...if I'm looking at that diagram correctly you have torsion bar suspension up front, similar to beetles, which = remove a few bolts, remove arm, turn arm on splines, reinsert arm. LOW. Flip the leafs/get them reset/order custom and you'll be killing it!!!! You have the most cost effective suspension here!

Polish the bumpers, hubcaps and other chrome, lower it, paint the wheels white and it'd be perfect imo
                    ohoo, what lovely advice, and yes, it is torsion bar. I'll have a look about for how to do that! COST EFFECTIVE WIN.
                    EDIT: I know what i'm doing next week now ;D
                    Its is all pretty polished, just... grimy from the motorway at the moment, yes, I am mad enough to drive this on the M4 for two hours.
                    wheels do need some paint though. will see if i can weedle a powder coating out of boyfriend's dad.
                    EDIT: red has been suggested... we have a surplus of red spray paint.
                    Last edited by ratmog; 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: spoke to boyfriend?

RT changes lives.

Comment

there you go. do work. red would look good too

Comment

You know whats even more cost effective.... again what VW owners like to do, natural Patina of original paint.

And you could rock those standard wheels nicely...

Simple, just 'VW it'

If you wanna change the wheels, try to force some of those american racing wheels onto it, the torque thrusts.
                        I cant change wheels very well, so i just slammed it

Comment

thanks anonymoose!

am on the look out for van wheels for the back - standard moggy van wheels were a half inch wider in the same design, so that works. they are really quite thin and very prone to being slippy on roundabouts because of this, so i'd feel easier with wider wheels. psh she needs a wash - can't remember the last time she was that ^ clean!
                          hmm. could just copy EXACTLY what beetle owners do, and make an almost joke out of it - already got a haynes beetle air freshener and constantly have to tell people that, no, this car is not a beetle.

RT changes lives.

Comment

I agree, the look of the paint gives it some character, white is nice too (not sure what colour you gonna paint it) and the wheels will look sexy right up in there, lower it before you decide on wheels though, then you can measure accurately. I want to see this slammed, I'll even give you a hand if you're near enough if you like

Comment

a hand is always appreciated - I'm in swansea so if you're ever down in rainy wales gissa shout - she's gonna stay white, i've become very attached to the colour despite so many people urging me to choose dark purple or some rubbbish.
                              we've been working on lowering boyfriend's rover 214si recently, i think its going down 60mm, but he wants it to go further... its a complete rat and a whole lot of fun. best activity in it? leaving chavs in their corsas standing on the line.

the more i think about it and look at photoshops, the more i want to get out there and do it right now. unfortunately boyfriend's tool box is with him in gloucestershire, and dad's industrial jack/garage/never ending knowledge is also 65 miles away. all I have is my essentials ): an adjustable spanner and the starting handle!
                              this weekend i did get a bit of time to rust-kill (it wasn't 'pretty' rust), sand down and respray the worst patches... in beige primer!

RT changes lives.

Comment

Get banded steelies, or get yours done, then you can choose your width, just gotta find someone who'll do it properly

Comment

Working...
                                X