Mad tyte KDM build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad tyte KDM build

Here is what I started out with. 33,000 miles for only $6k. My dad owned the car so I knew it was taken care of good.

I did some saving and bought some parts. I bought lowering springs and have been kicking myself in the ass for not saving and getting coilovers. So the lowering springs are just temporary until I can get coilovers. All the parts were installed by me at my cousins shop out in Albany. Pics:

It made the car look something like this:

....and that is when I realized I needed to go lower than 1.5 inches.

Then I decided to get some rims and tires which pretty much put me close to my budget for this summer. I installed it all and it looks like this:

So the car sits something like this now:

lol at my car
    Last edited by andybob; 05-01-2011, 08:03 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

Um... cool.
    -Drake-

Check out: www.midwestce.net

Comment

A surprisingly nice kia. just needs moar low.
      Where are you specifically in upstate new york?
      GIFSoup

Comment

Not a car you typically see modded but it's unique! Not sure I'd spend 6k on a Kia but it's always easier and smarter to buy cars from relatives. I think it'll look sick when you get the coilovers. Good start though

Comment

somthing differnt, g/l with it.

JDL-racing.com|RIZQ Built.
          sickSTANCE-Slow&Low

Comment

Originally posted by ztman92 View Post
            A surprisingly nice kia. just needs moar low.
            Where are you specifically in upstate new york?
            I'm about an hour South of Utica, in a little town called New Berlin.

As for those that ask, why a Kia? I say, why the hell not? Sure, they aren't quite as nice as a Honda or a Toyota, but they are cheap cars surprisingly well built. From an engineering standpoint, the car drives well, handles decent, and the motor and transmission combo is pretty good. There are a few places where they definitely skimped to make the car more cheap, like in the body sheet metal. It's thinner than hell, and the paint isn't that great, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

While lurking around this site I see a hell of a lot of BMW's, Honda's, Nissan's, Lexus', Infinity's, etc, so I figured a Kia is a perfect car to build. It's gonna stick out like a sore thumb, but that is just what I am looking for. I want people to think, man, I never thought you could make something like that out of that car.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

i like the wheels. its always good to see someone working on a car out of the norm =]
              Originally posted by M.Burroughs
              I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

I have been searching around and there is pretty much only 1 company that sells specific coilovers for my car. Too bad I placed an order from them 7 weeks ago and I still have nothing. Needless to say, I am not going to spend $1200 on coils from them, and support their shit business.

I know coilovers from an 03 and up Tuburon will fit my car with no modification, so now the saving part comes into play. I know to get this thing to the perfect stance, I am going to need some smaller rims. I like the 17's that I have, but I think to have this thing scraping I am going to have some serious rubbing issues.

Anyone have some rim ideas? I am thinking steelies....

Pic of the coils I am diggin' on, Megan Racing:

Last edited by andybob; 08-16-2010, 07:31 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

IMO, the blacked out tails need to go. Everything else is good though, keep on moving forward.
                  sigpic
                  GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

pchop of what it could look like:

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt_pnw View Post
                      IMO, the blacked out tails need to go. Everything else is good though, keep on moving forward.
                      I'm pobably going to keep them smoked out. I have a lot of effort into them because I painted them once, and it sucked, so I had to wet sand them back down so I could paint them again.

I'm gonna get tints eventually, and I think I might smoke the corner lights or just clear them out.

I wanna keep this beotch blacked out, 'cause that's what I dig.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

buy my lowering springs and it will be that low. haha also lets trade wheels
                        KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
                        2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                          buy my lowering springs and it will be that low. haha also lets trade wheels
                          No way in the world I will get rid of the rims, unless that is I can find something with less offset and an inch wider, but I don't have the funds right now...lol

As for the springs, I am just goona save for some coilovers, fo sho.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                            No way in the world I will get rid of the rims, unless that is I can find something with less offset and an inch wider, but I don't have the funds right now...lol

haha i dont blame you either way!
                            KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
                            2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post

I'd say keep it on 17", but much wider ones so you can stretch some tire on there.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Working...
                              X