The Dad Wagon - B5 S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So remember that frigged up s4 replica bumper that the car came with... well it wasn't fiberglass so I had it painted, for a $100 professional paint job it was totally worth it.

Apparently there were two coast of plasti dip different colors of course and then two coats of paint underneath that.

Bam peanut butter and jaaaam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

The car is absolutely gorgeous!

The bumper in your last post is an S4 bumper but you've said RS4? Do you have another bumper? I don't think the RS4 bumper looks as good as the S4 bumper personally, unless you go for the full RS4 widebody approach
      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        The car is absolutely gorgeous!

The bumper in your last post is an S4 bumper but you've said RS4? Do you have another bumper? I don't think the RS4 bumper looks as good as the S4 bumper personally, unless you go for the full RS4 widebody approach

My apologies it's some sort of a replica s4 bumper with "rs4" style mesh grilles. I agree I like the s4 narrow body unless you have the cash to do the full conversion including rear quarter panels.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Car is running well, the tune needs some work. Hopefully that will be sorted early next week.

Now for vidya evidence it runs, beers were consumed, loud noises were made. Fire in the hole.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I am currently nursing a deserved hangover via a chicken biscuit.
          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Also, here is a photo from the shop of a rad bagged corrado, shaved bay, caged, etc... 5 year project slowly coming to a close.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

The work parking garage always makes for a nice picture.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

love the car, not a huge fan of the wheels tho..

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post

Also, here is a photo from the shop of a rad bagged corrado, shaved bay, caged, etc... 5 year project slowly coming to a close.
                  Absolutely love the wagon. I gotta see more of this thing too

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                    love the car, not a huge fan of the wheels tho..
                    Yeah, I wanted something light weight and strong and didn't want to run rpf1s. Until my wife and I move out of the city (which should hopefully be the next few months) I wanted a wheel that was city driving friendly. That is also why I am running 225s on an 8.5. I am very happy with these for now but hopefully by next summer I will have Carline CM2s if I can source a set for a fair price.

Originally posted by Scape-Zs View Post
                    Absolutely love the wagon. I gotta see more of this thing too
                    Thanks so much, I will try and remember to snap a few more potato photos of the corrado for you.

Stole away for a few hours on Sunday up to the garage to do a few minor things.

-peeled the limo tint off
                    -reassembled the back seat so the bench portion was actually locked in
                    -cleaned and anti-siezed the coilover threads for winter
                    -painted the missing trim pieces I have, I just need to wet sand them tonight and spray some clear on them then wet sand again.

Small things that need to be done

-back glass needs to be polished, there are some serious swirl marks
                    -front left headlight needs to be replaced
                    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Not much to update, working on a tune for the car and a few other odds and ends. Maybe bagging it in this winter who knows.
                      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Did stuff last night, painted the 4 annoying fender trim pieces that were missing when I bought it. Now I just need to clear coat them.

Bought an OEM headlight with no internals and all the clips were intact for 40 bucks on eBay. Swapped over the working internals from my headlight with 0 working clips. The Audi security bolts were a pain, but I mgyvered them off, without power tools.

Old top, new bottom.

That's all for now. Detailing it later this week for H2o.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Not much to report from the most recent weekend, just washed it after this picture. I am enjoying hearing myself think on my way to work with the new milltek muffler installed. But I do miss all the popping and race car noises.

May have a milltek rear resonator section up for sale, I never installed it. It is already extremely quiet with just the muffler.

In other news my wife and I sold our house in the city and are buying out in the country, we move in a few weeks. The old girl is going to get the garage she deserves.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Went for a Sunday drive. I have really been enjoying the car. I will most likely be tossing on the winter wheels and tires soon as it flurried yesterday.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Finally moved in to the new house. I am thrilled to finally have a garage for the avant.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

#usedit this weekend.

''Tis the season for winter themed avant pictures.

Last edited by kittenpuncher; 12-17-2016, 03:55 PM.
                                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X