My E46 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E46 Coupe

Alright, so I'm pretty new to Stance Works, but I've been reading build threads the past few days and I've decided to post one of my own. Let me start out by saying my name is Tommy, I am still in high school, so my budget is very small. I also work for my own money, just because I'm young doesn't mean my parents buy me everything, they don't pay for my hobby. Anyway, I have a 2004 325Ci. Also I apologize for the crappy iPhone pictures.

Here she is they day I brought her home.

So at first, I didn't really have much of a plan. It stayed like this for a few months, then it started with just wanting to get rid of the chrome grills with some Plasti Dip, I also de-badged the trunk.

(With dads E92)

After this, I decided the chrome window trim looked out of place, so I plasti dipped that too .

(I lost a lot of pictures due to drowning my phone)

The trend followed to the wheels, really just because I didn't have money and wanted black wheels.

One side done!

Finished.

I picked up a #rememberthebuster sticker when Paul Walker died, and tinted the tail lights. Also picked up a Canon 50D, so picture quality may improve

Macon, Georgia rarely gets snow, and of course I go to help a friend out one night, and the next morning came out to this.

Anyway. So everything up until this point has been cheap, easy and aesthetic. The entire time, I've been doing odd jobs and saving as much of the money as I could. I got on craigslist and found a roof rack with the bike holder for $250, and talked him down to $180.

(excuse how dirty the car is)

I was getting tired of the car being quiet... so I put almost all of what I had saved, into UUC TSE3 exhaust. It sounds great, but was a little pricey. Just under $1000... and i had to have the old muffler cut off by a buddy.

Here's a shitty video of the sound
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJo5myOOtpU

First meet I've ever been to with my car happened in March of this year, it was the first annual Macon Madness meet. It wasn't huge, but I was glad to be part of it. Here's a few pics.

That Rocket Bunny FRS

Here's one from a meet last week.

This week I picked up some Kosei K1's for $200 17x8.5... they just need to be re-painted

Stripping the old shitty paint.

That's everything up till right now. I started sanding the wheels and hopefully will be painting soon

Small update, nothing big. I haven't had a lot of time this week, but I sanded the wheels down, hopefully gonna get some paint on them soon. 3 of them still need to have the paint in the barrels stripped. Just ran out of paint stripper

And here's my filthy car

Last edited by DeMaroE46; 04-28-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Those K1s are gonna look good on this

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Take the rack off, and please don't paint the k1's black
        IG: Dimitriantoniou
        1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
        1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Welcome and nice car !

Comment

Originally posted by joshg51 View Post
            Those K1s are gonna look good on this
            I hope so! Just have to finish sanding and then get them painted.

Originally posted by meech View Post
            Take the rack off, and please don't paint the k1's black
            I was thinking either an OEM silver or a charcoal gray. Then i could always Plasti Dip if i want black.

Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
            Welcome and nice car !
            Thank you!

Comment

Small update, I picked up a set of 20mm spacers for $70 to eliminate some of my ridiculous wheel tuck.

Here's how it looks now. Rear:

Front:

Sunday I did autocross for the first time Seriously one of the most fun things I've done! Sorry for the few, low quality, iPhone pictures... my girlfriend was in charge of pictures
              She did alright for using an iphone, and being kinda far off.

At the end of the day, I placed third in Novice.

One more crappy iPhone pic

Hopefully gonna be getting some paint and tires on my K1's. Be patient with me, I am in high school, so money is an issue

Comment

Always good to see another e46, I would just stay away from painting the koseis black. Primarily because you painted everything else on the car black already. Everyone goes through their highschool phase, everyones been there so I dont blame you but you are definitely going in the right direction with this

Comment

Originally posted by hey will View Post
                  Always good to see another e46, I would just stay away from painting the koseis black. Primarily because you painted everything else on the car black already. Everyone goes through their highschool phase, everyones been there so I dont blame you but you are definitely going in the right direction with this
                  Thanks man! I was debating between a gunmetal or OEM silver. Then I could always plasti dip again

Comment

Not much of an update, just decided to play around with my camera a bit over the weekend. I'm missing plasti dip on one wheels due to a piece of tire on the highway.

Comment

I really like the facelift E46 Coupes...i´m not a fan of the tinted tails but I´m excited to see the kosei´s on...

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                        I really like the facelift E46 Coupes...i´m not a fan of the tinted tails but I´m excited to see the kosei´s on...
                        Tails aren't for everyone haha, but yeah I'm excited for the Kosei's too. A buddy is tryin to get me a deal on powder coating, so we'll see where it goes.

Comment

Duude, this thing is awesome, im also in high school and planning to buy the exact same car! so this is pretty much motivating me
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SliPsY View Post
                            Duude, this thing is awesome, im also in high school and planning to buy the exact same car! so this is pretty much motivating me
                            Good! It's an awesome car man. I'm glad somebody is interested!

Comment

Due to finals coming up, I haven't been able to do much. I did buy a set of steel wheels for $90 with tires, really just to destroy, because I don't have tires on the Kosei's yet. They're steel wheels, but I'll still post pictures. They're staggered 15x6.5 and 15x7 These were the dirtiest wheels I have ever seen, I had to wash them 4 times until the water coming off was not black anymore.

I will be buying paint for the Kosei's in the next week or so. I'm rattle canning them, so I want to buy decent stuff. I'm thinking either gunmetal, silver, or gold. This is just a heads up, suspension will be a slow process. I'm buying my own coilovers, so it will take some time before I can order them. Any suggestions for someone on a budget? I want to buy something decent.
                              Last edited by DeMaroE46; 05-16-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X