jesus hat that thing is almost as old as you
    It resurfaced on Speedhunters recently. And by recently I mean today lol

Comment

• Fuck that lol
      1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
      2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
      flickr

Comment

• The gearing in a ctr is also way diff. It keeps the motor in the power band. N really 10lb of tq is not gonna make a big diff. If you worried about tq build a b20 vtec. You put a b16b n a gsr in same car witg same mods n the ctr will win
        DSDone

Comment

• Later RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Pitts View Post
            The gearing in a ctr is also way diff. It keeps the motor in the power band. N really 10lb of tq is not gonna make a big diff. If you worried about tq build a b20 vtec. You put a b16b n a gsr in same car witg same mods n the ctr will win
            lol
            Whatever you say man, fact is you're hitting vtakz alot earlier with the gsr AND hitting peak whp and tq alot sooner than with that DE-stroked type r motor. On top of that I'd be willing to bet that a GSR with some bolt on's will make the power gap even bigger, even if they had the same mods.
            There is a reason why you almost never see that swap, its too expensive for what it is.
            Hell even if for some reason that thing maginally beat the gsr, you could take that 1k or so you saved by getting the GSR and get the type r transmission with the slightly better gearing and LSD.
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Your not hittin vtec sooner because vtec crossover is at the same rpm @5500-5800 the ctr will reach it sooner because of its shorter gearing. The reason it costs more is because it was made in alot less numbers. For the money the gsr is a better buy but given a choice the ctr is a better motor. Honestly a plan ol b16 can get you plenty fast. The .2 diff in displacement doesnt really matter. It can be had for less than gsr. Its also been proven that a well built b16 will run just as good as gsr.
              I have a friend that.use to run a eg hatch with stock internal b16 turbo n ran consistent high 10s low 11s till it eventually blew. There has also been a b16 with ctr pistons n ctr cams with ported.head revin to 10k make 200whp on 91oct.
              Honestly if I was buildin a honda for drag/street id build a h2b setup. The power n tq of h22 but with better b series trans
              DSDone

Comment

• Yeay

http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• looking forward to my bday present

Comment

• An I on honda-tech?
                    cars and stuff

Comment

• Whats up guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                        An I on honda-tech?
                        Feels like it
                        DSDone

Comment

• hey
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Pitts View Post
                            Your not hittin vtec sooner because vtec crossover is at the same rpm @5500-5800 the ctr will reach it sooner because of its shorter gearing.
                            the GSR will hit it at 4500.....

Originally posted by Brad Pitts View Post
                            The reason it costs more is because it was made in alot less numbers.
                            yeah and almost no one gets them

For the money the gsr is a better buy but given a choice the ctr is a better motor. Honestly a plan ol b16 can get you plenty fast. The .2 diff in displacement doesnt really matter. It can be had for less than gsr.
                            Yes if I was given a free motor I'd choose a integra type r motor. There is no replacement for displacement, especially when you can GET MORE FOR LESS MONEY. So now you're saying a B16A is better? the torque less wonder? LMAO

Its also been proven that a well built b16 will run just as good as gsr.
                            I have a friend that.use to run a eg hatch with stock internal b16 turbo n ran consistent high 10s low 11s till it eventually blew.
                            And now your talking about boost, yes if you add boost to a honda it makes more power, its the same thing with a b18b or b16, or b18c.

There has also been a b16 with ctr pistons n ctr cams with ported.head revin to 10k make 200whp on 91oct.
                            Honestly if I was buildin a honda for drag/street id build a h2b setup. The power n tq of h22 but with better b series trans
                            No way that happened, especially on a mustang dyno.
                            A b16a makes about 140whp on a dynapack dyno, 130 on mustang.
                            No way you are getting 60-70 whp on a 1.6L with OEM pistons, OEM cams, and some porting.

Comment

• Why would you build a b series these days when there's such better options? If I wanted a fast Honda I would go k20/4 no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                                Why would you build a b series these days when there's such better options? If I wanted a fast Honda I would go k20/4 no question.
                                It all started with the kid talking about getting a b16a, I told him to at least get a b18c if not a k20. Then this other guy came in and said get a b16b. I give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X