A Junkyard Save - 190e content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Junkyard Save - 190e content

I've been wanting to post a build thread for some time now but didn't want it to turn into one of those incomplete dead builds... But now that the car is past the point of no return, the time has come to share the rest of the journey with you all here.

I always wanted to do a cool 190e build, but I never could figure out what to do that would (in my eyes) be unique...until I found some inspiration in a place where things go to die. There is a decently long story about this car and how it all started so I will try to make this as quick and painless for you as I possibly can.

So before this I had a W124 estate, which was good but I was ready to move on to something else. While the car was for sale and I was looking for what was next I got a lead that there was a very rare interior in a 190e at a local junkyard (a car I didn't even have yet) but when opportunity presents itself sometimes you just need to wing. So I did. I went up the next day and low and behold there it was, a 1993 Avantgarde Rosso with complete interior. Most of you may have no clue to what that is and to be honest why would you, but I will give you a little info about it...ITS RARE... very rare to the point that it is the only set in the US. So what did I do?

I pulled it and took it home with me, every single piece I would need. But I still don't have a car for it so I started hunting down what I needed. I got lucky and a friend with a black on black 2.6 5 speed 190e was willing to trade me for my wagon, and within that week I went and did the deal. Now great, I got the car we're done right?? Not as easily as I had hoped... The car needed work, so much work intact that It was easier to just buy another normal 190e and swap and build one good complete car...and thats exactly what I did. I scoured craigslist until I found just what I was after a 1989 190e 2.6 auto in blue black metallic.

After months of swapping things over, tinkering, fixing and buying parts the car is finally on the home stretch and at this point I will share some pictures.

Enjoy!

Here is the interior the day I got it home, and my Old wagon in the back.

The first 190e

Then the second 190e

I decided to buy some coil overs from Catuned

Suspension installed but not yet dialed in on the old wheels

Bought a set of some RS 198's and added my Design Line caps I had sitting around

Got my tires in from Toyo

Found a genuine BBS 3 spoke steering wheel along with the matching hub and had it shipped from Norway.

Steering wheel installed (don't mind the auto, the manual still needs to be swapped in but thats delayed for other reasons)

Wheels mounted on, still need to fine tune the height and do some fender magic to get it right.

There is a good bit left that needs to be done, and a few more parts that need to be sourced , but as of now thats what I got.

Thanks!
    Last edited by chayden; 04-06-2016, 10:18 PM.

Instagram: @robbytopher

This is gloriously unapologetic I love it

Comment

Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
      This is gloriously unapologetic I love it
      I'm not sure what that even means, but thank you

Comment

That upholstery is amazing. Love it.

Really doesn't work with the wood grain though.

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_e36 View Post
          That upholstery is amazing. Love it.

Really doesn't work with the wood grain though.
          Thank you. I should have mentioned the wood isn't staying, getting wrapped in a black burl wood vinyl (just like em would have been) and the steering wheel cover is getting hydrodipped to match the seats.

Comment

Hey Robby! SO glad you posted a thread for this thing, is that top one Tyler's old car by chance? and does he have your wagon now lmao?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
              Hey Robby! SO glad you posted a thread for this thing, is that top one Tyler's old car by chance? and does he have your wagon now lmao?
              Yeah Its about time right, I guess you're familiar with the car already?. And to answer your questions, yes that is Tylers old 190e and yes he has my old wagon haha.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Never thought I would ever say this, but don't bother to swap your auto trans for the manual. Mercedes manual boxes shift like you are poking a stick in the McDonalds ball pit
                  And a 2.6 is kinda gutless anyway. Swapping to a 3.0 can solve that issue a little though
                  Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

That interior looks amazing and creative, is it custom or stock mercedes interior?

Comment

Originally posted by JayDz View Post
                      That interior looks amazing and creative, is it custom or stock mercedes interior?
                      It's stock from mercedes, its the "Rosso" edition.

Comment

This is perfect, seen this around IG.
                        What's your ground clearance and do you have a picture of the front fitment? I'm having problems with 205/40/17 rubbing on the corner of the fender.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Those seats are so damn cool
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I'm all about this.

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
                            2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                              Never thought I would ever say this, but don't bother to swap your auto trans for the manual. Mercedes manual boxes shift like you are poking a stick in the McDonalds ball pit
                              And a 2.6 is kinda gutless anyway. Swapping to a 3.0 can solve that issue a little though
                              I auto in the car is completely shot and I have the manual trans just sitting here at my house. Also some other parts to make it not so boring. I was going to 3.6 swap it but Im trying to keep cost down since this is just a cheap little fun project for me. My fun car is the one in my signature.

Originally posted by JayDz View Post
                              Its stock, from a very limited edition car.

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
                              This is perfect, seen this around IG.
                              What's your ground clearance and do you have a picture of the front fitment? I'm having problems with 205/40/17 rubbing on the corner of the fender.

Im having the same issue as you, I need to sort it out. nut Ill try and grab some picture for you.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              Those seats are so damn cool
                              thnx

Originally posted by OEM+ sluts View Post
                              I'm all about this.
                              Im really liking your e36, Makes me miss my 95 euro spec

Comment

Working...
                              X