X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo Spider 3.7L 24V V6 Build

Hey StanceWorks!

I'm currently working on my '91 Alfa Romeo Spider and thought I'd share the journey thus far. Just a bit of background: The car was picked up in Ft.Lauderdale, Florida in July of '05 and was destined for the scarper after this old carpenter no longer wanted the car sitting in his workshop. With no rust on the body and a seized 2L 4cyl engine, I jumped at the chance to acquire this car for my build.

I must state that I have not physically built this car, as I'm not a fabricator. Instead, I've designed it in conjunction with a couple very talented fabricators that have understood what I'm after.

Here's the car in Florida before transit:

I was giddy as a school girl when at the cargo bay just waiting for it to show up on a crate. The officials there must of thought I had to take a wiz REAL bad. Good thing 'cause it made them hurry up with all my paper work!! A punched out Alfa Romeo 164 3.7L 24V V6 quad cam monster - fully tested and broken in at 380bhp!!

street
    Last edited by street; 01-09-2011, 03:07 AM.
    form - function - stance

Cool project! I really like the front end, rear isn't exactly my style though. The V6 swap is though, I love that engine.

Comment

This will be interesting to see.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I died when I saw this. Bravo, sir, bravo. Love Alfa's.
        HAI GUISE

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by Byron View Post
          Cool project! I really like the front end, rear isn't exactly my style though. The V6 swap is though, I love that engine.
          Thanks Byron. The car is as purpose built with the rear section as a fully functional diffuser. Not some tacked on piece. But that's cool. The engine is loud as all hell!!

By the way, how the heck can I get off these thumbnails? Uploading pics was a real pain with ImageShack.

street

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
          This will be interesting to see.

Welcome to StanceWorks
          Thanks for the welcome. Will update when work resumes.

street
          Last edited by street; 12-30-2010, 09:18 PM.
          form - function - stance

Comment

This... this is incredible. I wouldn't have thought that I'd ever like one of these Spiders, but this is awesome.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

wow that looks sick. post up bigger pics

Comment

Originally posted by Jamxx View Post
                I died when I saw this. Bravo, sir, bravo. Love Alfa's.
                Thanks Jamxx! My crew and I have been working long and hard on this one. Countless hours both on the computer and in the garages.

street

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                This... this is incredible. I wouldn't have thought that I'd ever like one of these Spiders, but this is awesome.
                Thanks as well Dr.AK! I've had many opinions over the years and one thing I've learned a long time ago was, "Do You." The rest will fall into place.

street
                form - function - stance

Comment

looks like a sick project. very interested to see more...
                  sigpic
                  1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                  1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by oloniccolo View Post
                    wow that looks sick. post up bigger pics
                    Thanks oloniccolo! I tried. I went to browse, my files opened up, I selected the file within size specs, but then all it displayed in the preview was the title of the pic. What gives?

street

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                    looks like a sick project. very interested to see more...
                    Thnaks 1badg35! I'm on it!

street
                    form - function - stance

Comment

Details.

I'll fast forward now to where most of the body work has been completed.

Custom rear bumper, diffuser from an F430 sectioned 4 inches, stretched tail lamps, narrowed tag valley and shaved brake lamp, rear deck lid extension, watts link, fully adjustable rear sway bar and up front behind the 3.7 are close ratio and lightened gears from OSGiken in and Alfa case.

The list is endless!

street
                      Last edited by street; 01-09-2011, 02:20 AM.
                      form - function - stance

Comment

Details.

Molds were made and out popped the first copies of the diffuser and front splitter. Same for the rear bumper as well as the front.

The all important jack stands were also fabricated. Without these guys, I'd never get her on a hoist!

Next we fabricated a full under tray.

Then started formatting the fiberglass bumpers.

street
                        Last edited by street; 01-09-2011, 02:44 AM.
                        form - function - stance

Comment

Details.

After all the checks, it was time to relocate her to the warehouse.

Arrival.

street
                          Last edited by street; 01-09-2011, 02:55 AM.
                          form - function - stance

Comment

Not sure about bodykitting a Spider, but definatly worth watching. About the engine, was it a 3.0 V6, or a very rare 3.5 V6 Savali? Had a 164 3.0 myself to, beautifull engine and sound!

Comment

Details.

Future concept: Custom hard top.

Here's an upcoming mod after the stance is set.

That's where we are as of now. So many mods and parts not mentioned. So if anyone wants to know, ask away. Just awaiting my time slot now for some engine work. Next summer is for testing and once everything is sorted. Stance will happen!

street
                              Last edited by street; 01-09-2011, 03:01 AM.
                              form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                              X