No announcement yet.

Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the motor out of the truck. I spent far too long trying to pull it before realizing there was still 1 bolt in the bottom of the trans. Next up is pulling the airbag wiring, and then degreasing and probably painting some stuff in the bay. Feels good to finally be wrenching on this thing again!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• been messing with excess wiring, waiting for parts, and time to get the motor from my buddy.

headlight wiring loom was able to be stripped alot

all wrapped up

cleaned up the bay and painted the frame (didn't take an after picture)

conversion motor plates came in and i threw some paint on them

been really hard lately to buy swap parts lately and not wheels lol hopefully next year i can find some before it hits the road again

Truck Build

Comment

• motor mounts came in, theyre from an older s10 with a 2.8l. they were necessary to be able to use the motor plates and apparently theyre a better design

also been trying to dye the red on my steering wheel

it looks good in pictures but awful in person. i cant get the dye to take near the stitching, or the front part of the wheel. trying to figure out what to do now because i cant go back to red.

Truck Build

Comment

• I am skeptical to see any interior pieces being painted, but especially pieces that get touched a lot. That paint or dye is not going to last long. Especially not on something that is being constantly in contact with warm sweaty, greasy, hands.

I have an all-black MOMO I'd be happy to sell....

Comment

• Plus one on painting interior stuff.
            Just replace the steering wheel with something you like. Extra money, but in the end about a thousand times better.
            Those plates look very well executed, and with the better style mounts it should be a breeze. Hope you don't mind me stealing the design of the plates
            "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
            Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• well i took your guys advice after repeatedly failing to get dye to stick and bought another wheel, it should be here today when i get out of work.

this weekend i finally got the motor from my buddy. it appears to be a reman with really few miles on it.

when i got home i pulled the pan off to figure out what the noise was that made him pull it.

need to grab a crank pulley puller before i can go any farther with inspection. im really hoping that the cylinder walls are okay.

other than those shenanigans i picked a battery relocation kit and an adjustable shifter. my buddy is in the process of making an adapter for the shifter.

Truck Build

Comment

• been a minute, truck is still currently motorless until i can find another small block. i havent done much since its cold af here. i did buy a new steering wheel and picked up some wheels last night though, $50 from one of my friends so it was hard to pass up

air shocks up

air shocks down

Truck Build

Comment

• its been a minute since i put an update on here. so, my plans changed after getting the 350 torn down. it just didnt make sense to try and rebuild it with how destroyed it was. which led me to decide to build the stock 4.3. ive been tearing apart, painting, and gathering parts for it. its gonna get vortec heads, edelbrock intake, carb, hei distributor, headers, and eventually ill put a cam in it. anyways, heres some pictures of stuff.

Truck Build

Comment

• been having hella problems with logging in to post stuff lately so, i havent been able to post an update.

been long enough now that i have the motor in and the truck runs!

been basically just wrapping up small stuff. i have an electric water pump coming today, then i can figure out the front dress. after that its basically just getting wires and fuel lines hard mounted to the frame and she can cruise. hopefully i wont have anymore trouble with logging in and can keep this a bit more up to date.

Truck Build

Comment

• Nice man, glad to see you got the motor in. Was wondering what was going on.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• truck made its maiden voyage about a 1/2 mile down the road yesterday. been roughly a year since it was on the street. belt alignment is still messed up but the alternator was charging so, good to know my wiring is right. need to buy a different crank spacer, and trim down my alternator bracket spacers then it should be much more driveable.

after driving it the front settled quite a bit but i still wanna lower it another inch or more

Truck Build

Comment

• buddy bought 3 blazers this weekend so i snagged a full width bumper from him. parts come in today and if all goes well i should be able to get the truck legal finally

Truck Build

Comment

• crank spacer came in the other day, which helped fix my crank spinning way out of round. really nice piece from speedway motors.

and the much cooler news; i was able to get into S.O.S yesterday and the truck is legal after somewhere around a year if not longer! drove it around a bit last night, i have no turn signals, brake lights, and i SERIOUSLY need a manual steering box.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

probably update this more now that i can actually drive the truck.

Truck Build

Comment

• Originally posted by BozoBubble

Truck Build

Comment

• lowered the front of the truck back to where it was before.

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X