This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlift in the rain

Greetings, I have an e34 BMW touring with a VS2 system and all new steering components. The car drives perfect in the dry, but as soon as there is any kind of rain water on the road of any significance the car starts shuttering once it is over 50mph and gets worse as I accelerate. Has anyone else experienced this?

Originally posted by RonP View Post
    Greetings, I have an e34 BMW touring with a VS2 system and all new steering components. The car drives perfect in the dry, but as soon as there is any kind of rain water on the road of any significance the car starts shuttering once it is over 50mph and gets worse as I accelerate. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I feel like it's more of a potential alignment issue at ride height, or possibly a mechanical issue like tie rod end or ball joint.

Have you checked your alignment at ride height?

Comment

Originally posted by 350Al View Post
      I feel like it's more of a potential alignment issue at ride height, or possibly a mechanical issue like tie rod end or ball joint.

Have you checked your alignment at ride height?
      No, I haven't had the car aligned yet and that could easily be the problem. Thank you for the help, I will get on that today....rain again tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by RonP View Post
        No, I haven't had the car aligned yet and that could easily be the problem. Thank you for the help, I will get on that today....rain again tomorrow!
        Did the alignment help?

Comment

Working...
        X