Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Chevy corvair aicooled

First let me introduce myself.

I'm Jory Bannink 23 years old and am living in the cold and small Netherlands.
    Had some small projects before this one, but this thing is in my opinion the best of them all.

Scroll all the way down to See a sneak peak of how it sits for now. Or Read all the crap i wrote ��

some of my ex project cars:

I whas searching a while on the web for a new project. But whas looking for something a little out of the ordinary. Not a golf or bmw where you see a lot off being stanced, no offense tho love them to.
    When i ran in to this i whas sure this had to be it, at that point i never even saw a corvair on the road outta here.
    Then when i found out it had a aircooled 2.4 boxer flat 6 in the rear i whas completly sold

Had a e39 and miata wich i traded for this corvair, in my eyes a very good trade and coold not ressist this deal!!

It whas sitting at a dealer that imported it from california, so it is a nice rust free base

So the project started....

Engine bay cleaned up, that whas a mess gona see if i have a before picture

When i got it i immidiatly orderd some parts for maintainance and some things that where not working.

Fixed the blinkers
    got a new back up light
    brake lines where replaced
    struts where replaced
    New brake parts
    new wipers
    anti rust prefention

refreshing all oil is the next to do
    and some window rubbers that are leaking

then i first ordered a cheap set of rota's to see how wide i whas able to go on te body. Because there is realy not that much info about it. and i did not want to spend a lott of money in some wheels that where needing much bodywork. Because i wanted to keep the stock body lines!

Here are a few pictures with the rota's on and chopped springs

And offcourse during christmas needed to get a christmas tree with the corvair

Then after some research bought a honda civic coilover set. This whas working good for some corvair owner of what i heard.
    It is far from perfect, but at least it will go low.

Sorry for the bad quality on the colors

Laying Low

Found out that the rear cant go higher than this and bounces like fuck, springs are fully compressed way to weak. So gona try some other springs soon.

Then i got a little pressent from work wheels japan, and this is where the project is right now:

Sneak peak
    They are 15x8
    offsets: -6 front and -18 rear

inner arches are getting a slight roll to make it al fit nicely now it rubs like fuck.
    and got a bunch of other plans.
    Last edited by FcBeunHaas; 01-25-2017, 07:10 AM.
    1962 corvair project: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96458

Instagram: notorious_e39

this is fucking cool mane!!!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

One of the coolest most unique builds ever on here.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

In on this!

Looking forward to updates.

Comment

Great find, here in the states those are becoming rare now.
          Follow me on Instagram @ Promk1ng
          http://instagram.com/promk1ng

Comment

This is rad! Keep the updates coming. My dad had a '64 Corvair convertible for a while and it was such a fun car to boot around in.
            1958 Chevy Apache shop truck build

Commonwealth

W201/W124 Control arms and bag brackets

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
            Air ride and custom parts
            IG - Commonwealth_mf FB - https://facebook.com/commonwealthmotoring

Comment

I dig it. I love the height you have it at, and the uncommon nature of a Corvair.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Looks sweet! Just watch out because back in the day these cars were considered "Unsafe @ any Speed" lol

Comment

Cannot wait to see where this goes.

Comment

Thanx for all the enthousiast reactions guys!!
                    @i haz, fuck ralph nader haha it is not unsafe

Here is maybe a slightly better Picture of it sitting in my garage that i took Today:

Comment

this is so fucking cool

Comment

Oh my lord this is one of the coolest builds on this forum. That picture of it in the snow makes the Netherlands look like a fantasy land lol. Such cool cars just watch out for that serpentine belt they are known for being faulty and snap at high rpm. Subscribed for sure.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Thanx dudes!!

The netherlands is nothing Special believe me.
                          Yeah heard that indeed about the belt. But there is a new one on and have a spare one with me in the trunk.

Had twice that the tensioner whas to weak when i bought it. The belt flew of at High rpm, now adjusted good and No problems with that anymore.

Comment

That looks amazing Jory, even on the OG wheels and coils.
                            Where are you located in the NL's?

MORE PICTORS WITH THE WORK WHEEOLZ

Comment

Located near Zwolle. More pictures are hopfully coming up next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X