My 1986 FC3 RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
    Looking forward to this build! I like the plans you have for it, an initial D tribute would be pretty neat aswell but I definitely like the clean and simple.
    Thanks for the kind words! There will be subtle Initial D references sprinkled in, don't worry
    Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
    The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
    it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
    My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
    My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

good start so far, ill be watching this closely. I'm buying one tomorrow a clean roller for $300. I'm deciding between a built 13bt or an turbo ls swap. keep it up man

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMpire View Post
        good start so far, ill be watching this closely. I'm buying one tomorrow a clean roller for $300. I'm deciding between a built 13bt or an turbo ls swap. keep it up man
        Thanks man! I'll keep my eye out for your build thread!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Hey all!
          A few updates for you guys:

The stock cluster bezel was all cracked, so I picked this up for $20 locally

and after transferring all the switches over

also picked up this S5 radio bezel with the Air Conditioning vents from the same seller for $60!

Then, I traded my stock honda wheels that came on the car + $140 for these bad boys.
          Rota Grid 16x8 et +10 with 195/50/16

now I also picked up these 17" wheels with crappy tires, and there are only 3 of them. But they were only $40! I test fitted them too.

Now, I did some fuckery with the rear suspension to get it a bit lower. I pulled the rear struts and then grabbed my brother's stock struts from his NB miata.

(from left to right) Stock RX-7 rear struts, NB Miata Front Struts, NB Miata Rear Struts.

So like I said, I did some fuckery. I took the NB miata front strut, took the springs off, put on an old coil and sleeve I had laying around, and slapped on the RX-7 tophats. and boom!

Looked good enough to me! Slapped em' in and it lowered it about 2" in the rear!

But it also rides like complete ASS. So I'll have to revisit those later on.
          but then I slapped on the grids! Pardon the dirt.

took some pics with the Civic

Now I also picked up this Turbo II wing off of some guy on facebook, $85 shipped to my door. here's a mockup

and then I actually did mount it up! It'll eventually be painted gloss black, but I was impatient and just wanted to see it on the car.

So that's all I have for now, but stay tuned! Big changes coming soon

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Man that plush interior really hurts the eyes. But so far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Erald View Post
              Man that plush interior really hurts the eyes. But so far so good!
              Lol don't worry, it's even worse in person
              Thanks for the kind words man

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Hey guys! A few updates:

Got the coilovers in! The cheapest I could find on eBay haha, $265 shipped to my door. They're much better quality than the ones I have on my honda though!
                They're monotube and have the height adjustment on the bottom rather than adjusting the spring.

Here's what they look like all installed!

Front fitment

Rear Fitment
                I'd like to find a way to bring it down another inch or so, but the coilovers are maxed out at the moment.

Finally got around to painting that Turbo II wing!

took some pictures at this old school down the road from me

So that's all I have right now but I have other ideas in mind, so keep your eyes on this thread! thanks guys

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Hey,I just realized both of your cars have red pin-striping. Just random luck? Or do you put it on?

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
                    Hey,I just realized both of your cars have red pin-striping. Just random luck? Or do you put it on?
                    Actually the civic has gold, but I like the one on the RX7 a lot! I never see them with pinstriping, so it may have been put on by the dealer!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Moar updates?

Comment

Originally posted by AKToyotaluv View Post
                        Moar updates?
                        I Might have a few

I threw on my tsurikawa from my civic

I also ordered this sticker and slapped it on
                        *eurobeat intensifies*

finally, I got it insured and registered! Having an antique plate is soooo much better than regular. it waives a $225 fee in Florida.

So thats all for now, but there will be some big updates coming soon, so keep your eyes on this thread!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Hey guys, so I have a few updates!

So the biggest one would be that I sold the Rota Grids!
                          I've got another wheel setup coming, don't worry

Next, I got some Red LED bulbs for the gauge cluster and it came out great!

Next, my brother got me this front lip from a 99 Mustang Mach 1. I've seen these on other FC's and they look great!
                          I wasn't looking to spend $250 on a front lip, so this will do just fine

You can see here that a bit of the front portion needs to be ironed out, but I can do that with my sister's heat gun.

A common problem with FC's is the exterior door handles break pretty easily, and mine were broken as well. So, I picked up a pair of black ones for $40 and started to take apart the door.

The broken handle

the new one

Upon removal of the old handle, I see the broken piece.

I decided to try and repair it. I'd rather have the white one to match the color of the body. Plus I don't have to transfer over the lock. Seemed simple enough, some JB Weld and we'd be good to go. Tried to sand the surface, but it wasn't easy to get sandpaper in the space.

It's currently setting and then will take 24 hours to cure.

So that's where I am right now. The new wheels will be coming in early next week, and then I'll have the tires mounted up.
                          Keep your eyes on this thread, you won't regret it

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

RedSuns sticker looking good! The front lip will also look good as soon as it is "aligned".

Comment

Originally posted by KlurigaKaggen View Post
                              RedSuns sticker looking good! The front lip will also look good as soon as it is "aligned".
                              thanks! I've got some time today after school, so I'll take a crack at straightening out that front lip

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

So, as I mentioned earlier, I sold the Rota Grids for $410, which was a good deal considering I only paid $140 plus stock wheels.
                                But I really wanted 17's, the 16's just weren't cutting it.

so I ordered these!

17x9 +25 Aodhan AH04

Then I got tires mounted! Originally I went with 215/55/17 all around, but it was waaay too big in the front. so I downsized the front to 205/50/17. once I wear out the rears, they'll get the same size as the front has.

That's all I have for now, but there will be updates coming soon!
                                Stay tuned!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X