This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e24 questions help needed

So i recently purchased an 83 633csi for a damn good deal. Car had been sitting for about 5 years, with not much work i have her cleaned up and runnig again. Shortly after purchasing this car i found a great deal on some 1" adapters so i slapped a spare set of style 73s i had lying around.

Here is how she sits now.

Now I'm working on getting her looking proper. My questions are

1) What other springs will fit this car? (as in e28,e34, e46)
    2) Will the NEX coilovers fit this car with out modification?
    3) what is teh widest wheels i can fit under her? and what would be the matching offset? (ive heard 10" rear 9.5"front)
    4) Does cutting springs lower or raise the stiffness?
    5) What other modifications should i keep in mind for the car?

All C&C welcome and thanks in advance for the help.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
    Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Originally posted by evilstar View Post

1) What other springs will fit this car? (as in e28,e34, e46)
    2) Will the NEX coilovers fit this car with out modification?
    3) what is teh widest wheels i can fit under her? and what would be the matching offset? (ive heard 10" rear 9.5"front)
    4) Does cutting springs lower or raise the stiffness?
    5) What other modifications should i keep in mind for the car?

All C&C welcome and thanks in advance for the help.
    1) screw springs, get coils. from a quick search, i found k-sports makes them.
    2) see above
    3) as wide as you want. if you need some custom adapters made, call motorsports technologies and talk to mike. he can make anything and let him know the guy with the e30 told you to call
    4) usually cutting springs more than 2 coils is not recommended
    5) paint the front valance, hid retrofit, aggressive sounding exhaust, light tint all the way around (classy), a great stereo, and after you get that far do the girlfriend in the passenger seat mod and call it a day unless you have bottomless pockets.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling_Archer View Post
      1) screw springs, get coils. from a quick search, i found k-sports makes them.
      2) see above
      3) as wide as you want. if you need some custom adapters made, call motorsports technologies and talk to mike. he can make anything and let him know the guy with the e30 told you to call
      4) usually cutting springs more than 2 coils is not recommended
      5) paint the front valance, hid retrofit, aggressive sounding exhaust, light tint all the way around (classy), a great stereo, and after you get that far do the girlfriend in the passenger seat mod and call it a day unless you have bottomless pockets.
      yeah but coils are a freaking grip. plus i can find anywhere that sells the ksports, yet.

Add me on Facebook
      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

anyone else care to chime in?

Add me on Facebook
        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

swapped wheels with my e46 now riding on acs type III reps 8.5 all around with the 1" adapter this is sitting very flush. ill post pics soon. next on my list is fendor roll and springs. wont need to do coilovers after all.

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

Still have that E24? did you go static or dynamic?
            Vegas love! When I'm not doing dumb car stuff. I sell homes, so I can afford to do dumb car stuff!!

Comment

Working...
            X