Mad tyte KDM build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone.

While it looked much better than it did I still wanted to bring it down a little more. but I had to move some "stuff" to make it fit.

Since I had spun the coilovers down so much, they were pretty close to the CV boots and in order to go lower I would need to fix that. Here is what it looked like:

So what I did was loosen the metal clamp and move the end of the boot closer to the CV joint itself and re-clamp it with a tool I brought home from work. It now looks like this on both sides:

Still plenty of room before the cv boots hit stuff. That pic was taken after spinning them down a little over a 1/4 of an inch.

Here is what it looks like now, quick iPhone pic:

So far so good with everything while driving. I really need to roll my fenders because my snow tires catch the little lip and make terrible noises.

That pretty much sums up my build for a while though. I might have a few little things here and there, but it'll prolly stay like this for winter.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Looks awesome. Has to be the lowest Kia in the world.

Comment

• good job. gotta love people who work with what they got.

Comment

• in that last pic it looks good, I'ts crazy, just from lowering it like that it makes it look way more aggressive, an aggressive kia, nice build, love the fabrication and hard labor put into it
          Instagram: danimal._
          Mercedes Build Thread
          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Once I roll my front fenders I'm going to drop the front all the way down and see how that works out.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Such an awesome build!

Comment

• You should really think about doing something with your headlights, They pop way to much now in a bad way. I really want to see this thing get even more epic.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

As for the headlights the only thing I might do is clear the corners. I've just been apprehensive about doing so because you have to bake the lights to soften the glue so you can pull them apart.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    Thanks guys.

As for the headlights the only thing I might do is clear the corners. I've just been apprehensive about doing so because you have to bake the lights to soften the glue so you can pull them apart.
                    Do it, and spray the Chrome black while you're in there.

Comment

• Love it lol, do what was just posted spray the chrome black would look so much better

Comment

• yeah. Thought about that too.

If I do that I might go with something a little more body color than black. Like charcoal or something.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Well, dream wheels should be bought by the end of the week.

Come spring the Kia game will never be the same. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                            Well, dream wheels should be bought by the end of the week.

Come spring the Kia game will never be the same. lol

That should sum up how I feel about all this.
                            ///M 2.0
                            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• Thanks dude.

Its going to be a little tight making them fit, but the fitment should be pretty nuts for being static. (I hope. Fitment will be crazy for a Kia anyways.)

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I love this build, considering I have an econobox too. Love it! I'm excited to see which wheels you picked up.
                                2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                                LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                                Build Thread
                                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X