No announcement yet.

1974 Porsche 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 is getting stored for the foreseeable future. Having spoken to multiple mechanics now, it is dawning on me that a new engine is the route I should go instead.
    So luckily a friend has offered up their driveway and I just have to supply a car cover and $100 a month.

Shit happens.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Fuck dude, I was really hoping you'd be driving this thing again soon. Hope you can make it happen.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
        Fuck dude, I was really hoping you'd be driving this thing again soon. Hope you can make it happen.
        It is what it is CJ! Unfortunately just wasn't meant to be this year. Means I'll put a bit more time, effort, money and love into the e28.
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

• I fully support more e28 things.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Drove the 911 this morning out to Van Nuys area. Was nice to get back in it and actually drive it somewhere.
            But alas it is now parked up until December. It's actually in a driveway where there is ample room to work on it if I do please to do so.

Jennifer also let me know that she is supportive of me working on it every now and then and that I can start to stockpile some tools etc now. So I might actually get some axle stands and a Costco jack etc to at least work on the suspension and brake setup...

Who knows, the e28 is looking like it'll get more love than the 911 this year though.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

• Drove the 911 back to my place over the weekend.

Fixed the shifting issue, I now have buttery shifting through all gears thanks to replacing the rod bushing and the coupler with the WEVO Precision Joint Coupler. Such a better experience now. Hopefully the new WEVO tall shifter comes today so that I can get that installed before taking a look at why I have a tiny fuel leak happening now.

I also found someone to do the top end rebuild. I'm hoping to get it in the shop next week all going well. Then I can actually enjoy it again, top end rebuild, CIS all tuned up and running good again. That'll be nice.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• Honestly really looking forward to seeing progress on this car!
                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• I would also be curious. Does anyone know anything more? Regards.
                  http://fitnesshealthpros.com
                  http://prestamosrapidosonline.site
                  http://postawnasiebie.pl/

Comment

• WEVO short shift kit arrived this morning, this weekend we perfect the shifting in the 911 to be somewhat like a modern car!

Still haven't received base quote from place that is going to do the top end rebuild, but all going well, will be taking it to them early next week and then just wait to pick it up. They are going to install a few other goodies for me too, which I have been accumulating over the past year.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• Good news man!

Comment

• Finally ripped out the air conditioning unit and the rear radiator situation. Now have to remove all the compressor and other hoses from the rest of the body.
                        I need to take out the fuel tank now to figure out where this cracked fuel line is. It's a decent leak so should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

Now that the AC and blower fan is removed, can order some goodies from Rennline to relocate the battery.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

• YES PROGRESS!!! but progress needs photos.
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• I'll try and grab a few photos this weekend of the 911, it isn't much to look at right now.
                            I might give lowering the front a go and see where it sits after that, I am starting to get bored of not being able to do anything to it. Really want to start stripping the interior some more too, specifically surrounding the dash. I **** the current AC dash extras down the bottom.

Best friend from Australia is in town Sunday. Can not fucking wait. Hopefully wrench on the 911 with him so he can give it a whirl around the block.
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• Latest photo of the two together. Just before getting bathed. I'll grab some photos of what I've been doing in the froot this week some time.
                              Hopefully my order from Rennline arrives soon and I can relocate the battery and start cleaning up the wiring. I really just want to get the engine sorted but until we get a house, it's on the back burner.

IMG_0230 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

• man the porsche looks like it is teetering on the verge of getting lowered and (please tell me there will be a wing in the future) taking on a whole new attitude.

gonna be impatient watching this come to life

Comment

Working...
                                X