1974 Porsche 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didnt follow the ole saying of "Ask for forgiveness, not permission"

750 would be an exceptional price for painting the front. You wont get another price like that unless its shoddy work. Glad to see her getting fixed tho.
    IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

You're not wrong there, but unfortunately I spoke too soon and told her. Honesty is my best policy as well, so I mean, was my own fuck up.

I'm just glad I'll be getting her back almost four months later after the incident!
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        You're not wrong there, but unfortunately I spoke too soon and told her. Honesty is my best policy as well, so I mean, was my own fuck up.

I'm just glad I'll be getting her back almost four months later after the incident!
        Would spending the extra $750 now be cheaper than doing it later? I am assuming you're going to want to get the rest sprayed at some point one you see how good the new paint looks.

Also, I assume that this car is only going to go up in value. So really, anything you put into it is increasing it's value. I know cars aren't investments but... The wife wants to send kids to college someday doesn't she?

Being married I totally understand what you mean by "happy wife, happy life", and I have no idea how much you've thrown at it recently. So really, my opinion is pretty much useless, hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by KFC ONE View Post
          Would spending the extra $750 now be cheaper than doing it later? I am assuming you're going to want to get the rest sprayed at some point one you see how good the new paint looks.

Also, I assume that this car is only going to go up in value. So really, anything you put into it is increasing it's value. I know cars aren't investments but... The wife wants to send kids to college someday doesn't she?

Being married I totally understand what you mean by "happy wife, happy life", and I have no idea how much you've thrown at it recently. So really, my opinion is pretty much useless, hahaha.
          I definitely believe it'll cost more in the future, but I am considering more and more of going to a fiberglass front end (replace fenders, bumper, hood) at some point anyway so there is kinda no real point when I think about it more seriously.

As for the assumption of going up in value, I agree, but it only goes up in value if I am willing to sell it and if someone is willing to buy it for the amount I'd ask for. However, I honestly believe this car is my forever car. It is the only car I have owned that I am heavily invested in wanting to give it to my child at some point. But you're not wrong, the wife definitely wants to send the kid or kids to college one day.

I have thrown a fair amount at it already and unfortunately the $750 extra would be too much for us to really do right now, especially with us starting our own business shortly and saving for a house. I understand where she is coming from and tend to have to agree.

The car guy in me is screaming though.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

Minor update.

Got word that I will be able to pick up the 911 on the 11th of October when I arrive back from the East Coast trip with the wife.

Have spent a lot of time researching everything I want to do with the 911 and started to add up some prices. It's a good list and I am hoping that the prices of motors will come down so that I can one day get myself a nice 3.2l, but until then I think it is just a saving game. She'll most likely be driven once or twice a week until the head stud pulls itself out completely.

I **** that I still have boxes of parts to install on the 911 sitting in the study, so hopefully I can convince Mike to let me use the shop one Saturday to get some things done. I've been given the all clear to play with the 911, just as long as it doesn't coast a bazillion dollarinos... but it is a 911 after all.

Can't wait to get some photos of her in all her new glory though, what with the new paint and polish.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

Pumped to see it when its back from paint
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

+1 here
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Alrighty! Picked up the 911 this morning and super happy with the paint job. All the rust in the rear and roof is fixed and looks great!

Unfortunately it still drives like a bag of dicks. I need to find a way to save a bazillion dollars to get the engine replaced with a new one.
                  I'll try and get some photos tonight of her new found glory in paint. The guys at Collision Consultants Auto Body & Paint did an awesome job and Sam, one of the owners, is a serious car guy, so definitely looking forward to going back to him to paint panels etc when needed.

It's nice to have her back, but now it is time to start the planning for the new engine as well as stripping her down etc
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

Finally got some photos. They're only iPhone photos but they'll do until I can be bothered sorting out my camera.

IMG_0446 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0445 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0441 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

Looks like something went amiss when they refitted the headlights. Taking the car in tomorrow morning to take a look at what the fix will be.

Someone asked ages ago for an interior photo. Figured I'd get a before picture before I start removing more stuff.

IMG_0444 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

nice car man

Comment

how exactly, does a bag of dicks drive?

lol car looks awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                          how exactly, does a bag of dicks drive?
                          A little floppy but harder as you go along...
                          Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                              A little floppy but harder as you go along...
                              That's pretty much it!

So, culprit of the no headlights is the switch as I expected. Because the Germans didn't believe in relays, it has burnt the switch out.
                              Trying to get the hook up on a second hand headlight switch, waiting to hear back with a price. Once I get that, will install a headlight relay at the same time so this doesn't happen again. Actually considering just replacing the entire fuse panel with the Classic Retrofit fuse panel.
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

Man old 911s are boss. Glad to see you got yours fixed, looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X