1974 Porsche 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since updating here.

Unfortunately last week I had a run in with a Freightliner truck. I was pulled up at the lights in the far right lane and he just decided to merge into me. Here are the photos I got from the scene.

IMG_0048 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0049 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

And here are some more photos I got once I got to work and started the whole get a quote for the repairs.

IMG_0053 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0054 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0055 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

Anyway, I dropped the car off at my body shop of choice, C & C Collision out in Alhambra, CA.
    Luckily for me, the owners there are both Porsche fanatics and I may even be able to score an engine from one of them. Hopefully everything works out with insurance etc and I get a nicely fixed and painted drivers rear quarter.

Unfortunately the engine is starting to run a lot worse. I have been in contact with Arling of Rstrada to discuss an engine swap. It looks like a 3.0l SC motor might be the way to go, as for when I can start this process, hopefully soon. I need to purchase a cheap daily driver before I can start saving money for the engine swap.

I also have scheduled my drivers license test etc for next Wednesday, so that I can finally get my CA drivers license.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

I figured I'd give a quick update on the 911.

It's still in a shop, it was actually moved from one body shop to another due to insurance and the original body shop not being able to come to an agreement. The new body shop are also fixing all the rust in the rear and respraying the roof, both quarter panels, the engine lid and fixing the rear bar.

I did ask about just respraying the entire car, but they wanted an extra $$$ for the front which I just wasn't ready to commit. I may regret it in time, but hey, the front end is probably going to go all fiberglass at some point because, the next big news...

I bought a daily driver from Richie, his white e28.

So now I have two white European cars. The e28 will just be the daily driver for the foreseeable future while I put money away to do the engine conversion and front end fun on the 911. So unfortunately the Porsche will be parked on the street for a while, until I save enough pennies to either buy a house or put into a storage unit.

One day the 911 will see the light of day, but until then, it's on the backburner while I drive the e28 and maintain that. Nek minnit, wheels and coil overs on the BMW.
      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
      there there.

Comment

Perfect time for a metal widebooty.

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
          Perfect time for a metal widebooty.
          Unfortunately not, I am definitely not going the wide body route on this 911.
          I feel like it is over-played and I really want to keep true to the 911 S narrow body.

The narrow body also has a special place in my heart, but that's a story for another time. Until I have enough monies for a 964 motor, it's going to probably be driven once a week.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

nice

Comment

Quick little update.

Got news that the Porsche should be done for the 15th of September.
              Hopefully that is the end of the body shop saga.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

Glad to hear you're sticking true to the stock arches and not doing what everyone and there mom is. Wide porsche's are great but with the proper wheel and tire set up the narrow arches will make it look like porsche intended. Bummer to hear about the accident but congrats on the e28.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                  Glad to hear you're sticking true to the stock arches and not doing what everyone and there mom is. Wide porsche's are great but with the proper wheel and tire set up the narrow arches will make it look like porsche intended. Bummer to hear about the accident but congrats on the e28.
                  Thanks man, the e28 is definitely a great daily driver for the moment.
                  Once I get the 911 back, I'm seriously considering just lowering it and at least getting it sitting where I want it. I feel like I can enjoy it a little bit before I park it on the street and drive it once a week.

Side note, I've been working pretty hard on a side hustle project that if it takes off, might see the 911 get some work done sooner rather than later. Having had the dreaded finances conversation with the wife and coming to an agreement that should see me have enough money for a motor for the 911 in two and a half years, I feel like if the side hustle grows fast enough it will bring that two year wait time down substantially.
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

2 years! Expedite that please haha! LCG and Loekaaz already have me waiting on old German cars to be done

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

i f ing love 911s, you got a good looking one, im hoping i can get one after i buy a house in the near future, sucks that you got hit man, keep up the great work

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                        2 years! Expedite that please haha! LCG and Loekaaz already have me waiting on old German cars to be done
                        Ahah the only way it is going to be expedited is if I earn a million dollars in the next six months. Very unlikely!

Originally posted by screwhead View Post
                        i f ing love 911s, you got a good looking one, im hoping i can get one after i buy a house in the near future, sucks that you got hit man, keep up the great work
                        Thanks man, very much appreciated! Hopefully get some more content/photos shortly once it is back.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

Just flicked through the whole thread, sad to see the bump but at least it's getting fixed!

Those wheels are getting me excited though...

Comment

Just got an update from the body shop! First one I have received, with photos, which is always nice.
                            Basically when I dropped it off, I told them to fix any of the rust that they found in the panels they were painting. This resulted in a few unexpected things on both our behalves.

So, they've definitely fixed the fender with minor body filler which is always nice.

IMG_0288 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0289 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

But as you can see, in the gutters, there was a fair amount of rust that they took back to bare metal and then fixed.

This is the right hand side, above the engine lid and under the rear window seal. Definitely rusted out, but has been fixed.

IMG_0290 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0293 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

Now, as most of you might be aware, the roof panel and rear fenders are all one piece by the end of manufacturing. So, they took the front cowl down to bare metal as well and have fixed the rust there.

IMG_0292 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

At this point, we're three panels away from a complete respray. I was offered to do a complete respray for an additional $750(ish). I'm very very tempted to pull the trigger, but I have to consider two people now that I am married so that discussion will be had with Jennifer tonight and I will update all as soon as I know!
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

Glad to see all the rust issues that were hidden are getting fixed. Really hope you can swing the respray, not a bad price but I can see how that might be hard to convince the wife.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

So, unfortunately got the shake of disapproval on the complete respray from Jennifer.
                                I understand her reasoning behind it all and I get it, but I am still a little disappointed.

The old saying rings true, happy wife, happy life.

Now it is just a matter of saving for the engine and stripping back the car once it comes back.
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X