No announcement yet.

1974 Porsche 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really can't wait to see whats to come from this little car. great choice in a narrow body!
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Thanks man!

Ordered the last piece of the puzzle to sort out the oil leaking issue of the lower valve covers, some upgraded, finned, 911 turbo lower covers. This should alleviate the weird holes I currently have in my valve covers, along with the already purchased gasket kit, the Porsche shouldn't leak any oil onto the headers once installed.

Once that's sorted, next upgrade looks like wheels, tires and probably a turbo tie rod setup.
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Love the car can't wait to see whats in store for the future.

Comment

Rad car, man. Kind of reminds me of how mine was, before I butchered it.

Comment

Originally posted by that911 View Post
            Rad car, man. Kind of reminds me of how mine was, before I butchered it.
            I don't think you butchered yours at all, I love it! I am definitely going to keep mine narrow body, but what you did interior wise and engine wise, I'd love to do something similar!

Quick update, turbo valve covers arrived along with open ended lug nuts. Hopefully sort out wheels and tires this weekend and then it is good to go for a little while before doing an oil change and replacing valve covers, gasket and new oil filter.

I feel like there's going to be small progress over the next few months other than the wheels. I've got to put a ton of money away for a party the wife and I are having in April to celebrate our wedding with my family. See what happens.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

Not asking what you paid, but how much does something like this go for nowadays?

I know the Porsche market went crazy years back.

Love it just the way it is.

Comment

You're not wrong, the Porsche market went crazy a few years back, but luckily my year is considered the ugly duckling of Porsche's as it was the first year with the impact bumpers etc etc and CIS.

For mid 70's to late 70's you're looking at always spending around 40k, whether that be initially or in the long run.
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

Beautiful car, congrats!

Comment

Things haven't really progressed, I did however sell the RS' that were on the Mk4 back in Australia. This means the money that I bring back over here from the sale of them will go into a new set of RS' over here for the Porsche.

Hopefully some more changes happening to the car soon. I'm ordering a ton of oil shortly for the valve gaskets and new valve cover change. Fresh oil should make it a lot better to drive daily.
                    Last edited by SebastienPeek; 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

Has been a while with all the shit going on in the life. I got accepted for permanent residency here in America on Friday, so that is super exciting. There is a countdown to when my family arrive in Los Angeles for an epic party and the Fuch tires finally gave out.

IMG_0062 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

So, that was a bummer. I was actually headed to Costa Mesa to pick up the RS' and get new tires etc but alas this happened. Luckily Jennifer let me borrow her Audi and I headed down to pick the RS' up still. The next day I got tires fitted (unfortunately they're Firestone 205/55/16's and not the 205/45's I want to run) and fitted them up to the Porsche. The factory jack is scary as all fuck and do not recommend using it.

Anyway, pictures of the RS' fitted!

IMG_0068 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0067 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

As you can see, the rears do poke a little. Having driven her around for the last few days like this, the rubbing on the drivers side is incredible. I believe the eccentric camber bolt is around the wrong way and that the suspension has sagged after sitting for thirteen years.

IMG_0077 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

IMG_0079 by Sebastien Peek, on Flickr

But alas I am thoroughly enjoying the look. Once the rear camber is sorted after purchasing a product from Elephant Racing called CamberMax Adjusters which allow -+3 degrees of rear camber, I think the RS' will fit absolutely perfect.

Have also been going through all the wiring and trying to figure out why only one indicator actually works, drivers front. I have purchased a new relay but am starting to think it might possibly be the switch in the stalk itself and that might also be why my high beams don't work. Regardless, I have purchased a flasher relay and a few things to clean up the interior a little for the wife (she wanted her door handle fixed and a cup holder). I also finally purchased new hood shocks so I don't have to rest the hood on my head to look under there at the fuse panel.

I am taking the car to Mistress Silverlake tomorrow morning to get a free inspection on the car and will get them to change the oil, valve covers and valve cover gaskets as well as a valve adjustment while they're under there. Hopefully this goes smoothly.

I am already aware of a far few things that will come back from the inspection, but hopefully now I'll have a place to go to get a few things done here and there when I can't head down to the shop in Costa Mesa.

Until the next few things are sorted!
                      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

FYI, if you lower it the camber will likely tuck those tires.

Comment

Looks so good on the RSs man!
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
                            FYI, if you lower it the camber will likely tuck those tires.
                            I am tempted to keep it this height for the time being and just go with CamberMax to get the required camber. Will also give me the ability to lower it more if I do decide to go extreme with this car.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                            Looks so good on the RSs man!
                            Thanks C.J!

The Porsche is currently at Mistress Silverlake for some maintenance/changing valve covers etc etc. Dropped it off yesterday and spoke to Tom, one of the owners, he's pretty talkative and a genuine guy. I'm expecting it to be a little bit pricey, but y'know, it is a Porsche...

Once I get my own garage up here things will get a little easier. Until then, I think a drop off to Mistress every now and then might happen. Hopefully I get her back today though!
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

Those look great

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Well, the estimate came back a lot higher than I expected that's for sure.
                                I knew it was going to be a decent chunk, but didn't realize it was going to be such a big number.

Regardless, they're doing the oil change, valve cover and gaskets etc and then I'll go and pick up the car. I've put together a list of things that I have to do to get the car 100% in my eyes.

I might document it here as well, just incase I lose the pieces of paper I wrote everything down on. I split it up into most important first etc etc

Vacuum Leaks
                                Throttle body O-Ring seal
                                Thermostat O-Ring seal
                                Breather hose
                                Breather cover gasket
                                Oil/Sump Strainer Gasket
                                Alternator Belt
                                Intake Manifold Gasket @ 6
                                Intake Manifold Hose @ 6

Brake Overhaul
                                Front brake rotor, X-Drilled @ 2
                                Rear brake rotor, Vented + X-Drilled @ 2
                                Stainless steel brake hoses
                                ATE Type 200 Brake fluid

Suspension - Front
                                Turbo tie rod kit
                                Steering rack boot outer retainer @ 2
                                Steering rack boot inner retainer @ 2
                                Front sway bar bushings @ 4

Suspension - Rear
                                Sway bar bushing @ 4
                                Sway bar bushing clamp @ 2
                                Sway bar bracket on body @ 2
                                Sway bar drop link (left)
                                Sway bar drop link (right)
                                Drop link bushing @ 2
                                18mm rear sway bar

Battery Relocation/Mounting
                                Rennline mounting kit w/ switch plate
                                Odyssey PC925T battery

It's a lot to do, but it is a list that I will get sorted over the next few months and will document on here. At least now I know what needs to be done as well as give everyone an idea of what will be completed on the car within the next few months.

The majority of the parts I'll be getting off of Pelican Parts, the only real things that will come from elsewhere is the battery relocation/mounting stuff. I'm thinking of relocating the battery into the smugglers box which means removing the A/C stuff.

Hopefully I can pick up the Porsche today/tomorrow and I'll grab photos of the newly installed valve covers etc. See what happens!
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X