X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ This is p*rn

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• Cant wait to see that installed, its going to be awesome.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
        ^^^^ This is p*rn
        Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
        Cant wait to see that installed, its going to be awesome.
        Yeah, I can't wait to see it welded up as well. Goal is to color match it to the car as well.
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Just got off the phone with the body shop. Looks like next week things finally are happening. Feel like I've been waiting for ages.
          Dropping the cage off first thing tomorrow morning at the body shop. Going to have a decent discussion about next steps and probably write a good sized check to the shop.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
            Dropping the cage off first thing tomorrow morning at the body shop. Going to have a decent discussion about next steps and probably write a good sized check to the shop.
            Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• Work has finally started on the 911. I'm going to attempt to get some photos in the very near future to update this thread with.
              The shop is down the street, but I just have to find the time to get down there during the working week.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• Cant wait to see some updates with work started. Very exciting news.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• The other day I was trawling through the Pelican Parts for sale forum and stumbled across a set of wheels that are basically guaranteed to fit the narrow body.
                  I pulled the trigger without even thinking, the deal was just too good to be true.

$900 for these Euromeister 16x7 et 23.3 Fuchs. They aren't real Fuchs (they're a lot of dollars) but they're nicely refinished and came with brand new 195/50's on them.
                  So basically I have a set of wheels I can actually run while I rebuild the RS' to fit. The other Fuchs are SC sizes and are just a little big for the rear... for now.
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

• 911 still isn't back from the shop. We're in it boys.
                    >1 year, but at least the majority of the body work is completed and the suspension will be all brand new when it gets back to the garage.

Oh, I had a decent change of direction. We're swapping a k24a2 into it.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• You cant just post a small update like that, and not give us any pictures!!! I know I have seen a few over the year on IG and everything looking good. Cant wait to see the motor swap happen.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Alrighty, time for the big update and not giving everyone blue balls.

So a lot of work has gone into the chassis. I'll be super transparent too, we're around 30k into the chassis now.
                        Let's start from the beginning. The previous crash damage that was found kind of lead to a snowball effect.

So a lot of chopping was done. On the Celette table.

You can see how far off the bolts are to the green support.

All new panels starting to go in.

Everything protected inside and out.

You can see in the photo below, there is some square 1x1 going in to add some extra rigidity into the front.

All welded up.

A lot of work was also done in the engine bay. All the structure was cut out due to a previous incident in the rear. And all new structure was added back in.

Then started the real fun stuff. While we were doing the tub, I figured it was the perfect time to add in all the RSR reinforcements that Porsche did for their race cars of the year.
                        This might be a little overboard for the beginning, but the strengthening done will mean I will have zero problems when I eventually go to a coil over setup.

Remember that rust I found in the rear seat wells and parcel shelf? That isn't there anymore either, all new metal.

Right before the undercoating etc went on

Andddd all seam sealed up.

I'll get some more photos of a few things upcoming shortly, but figure this is a good start to updating this thread.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

• Here's a few more of some of the reinforcements added in the rear.

Oh, and for the keen eyed, I also added in the RSR style weld in strut brace.

Interestingly, I did this prior to the potential that a fuel cell might need to go there. But there's a few other ways to solve the fuel problem I am going to have.

Here's the front end all back together.

Andddd the money shot of the cage all powder coated and installed.

1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• So now we're almost caught up to today.

On 11/3/22, I received a nice little thing on a pallet.

I quickly undressed it and was greeted by a k24a2 JDM engine.

This was quickly torn down to the long block.

And then something really nice showed up in the mail as well. This is the kit from Kennedy Engineering, to adapt the k24a2 to the 911's 915 gearbox. Along with the appropriate flywheel as well.

So basically now I am collecting parts and waiting on a few things. I'm torn as to whether or not I should film this shit and put it up on YouTube or not, we will see.
                            Either way, there's a lot going on with the engine setup, I'm still waiting to get the chassis back from the shop once all the suspension has been refreshed.

I'm hopeful I get the car back before the end of the year, but at least before we head to Australia.
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• Wow what an update. Its crazy all the chassis work that needed to be done, but I am glad to see you had it done correctly even tho it may have hurt the wallet a bit. You now have a solid base for the future which is awesome. Pumped to see the engine swap get started and to see it back from the shop.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                                Wow what an update. Its crazy all the chassis work that needed to be done, but I am glad to see you had it done correctly even tho it may have hurt the wallet a bit. You now have a solid base for the future which is awesome. Pumped to see the engine swap get started and to see it back from the shop.
                                Definitely a long overdue one! A lot of chassis work was completed, and it was necessary to have it done all correctly. You are definitely correct, having a solid base for all future modifications was the goal!

I've got a few parts already going, I've basically sorted out the fuel rail and regulator etc, as well as a valve cover and catch can. The biggest hurdles are going to be adding the radiator system up in front as well as a water to air intercooler. I just need to make sure I have enough air flow into the radiator(s) as possible.
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X