• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sick!

Thinking about getting good old 900 turbo cab for next summer

///BBJ E46 328ci
    ORIENTBLAU METALLIC
    STOFF MAGLIA/LEDER/HELLBEIGE 2

"Image bathing in extra virgin olive-oil and then slipping between a pair of satin sheets with Roger Moore. Thats how smooth the engine is".
    BMW E46 328i TopGear testdrive by Jeremy Clarkson in 98'.

Comment

sweet saab

3 spoke hirsh would finish it for me
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

You need some Rotiform BRU

Comment

Originally posted by Polo Classic View Post
          You need some Rotiform BRU
          That'd be great... I'm looking probably at the Work Euroline N for my next setup. But the Saab has been put on the "back burner" a bit due to my new project:

So far it has 16x8 BBS Style 5s ET23mm with 3mm spacers. H&R Race cut 1 coil front, Bilstein sports all round. Doing 15mm drop hats next and that's as low as I'm going.
          sigpic
          '87 Saab 900 Airflow
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yo IronJoe! I need you to do something sweet so I can have more inspiration :P Ive finished constructing coils but I havent been able to put them in yet. If the shock mount can handle the weight of the car then this will become a great option for adjustable suspension for the c900, but Im thinkin if we really wanna go low were gonna have to stick with the spring/shock setup and raise the upper spring tower, which if I can find a friend who can weld is my next step..
            Originally posted by JC.
            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Definitely man. The vert has been 2nd priority since I've been spending so much time on the M3.

My plan is to finish the M3 and show it for the rest of the season, then this fall/winter build up the Saab for 2012. I am planning quite a few new things.

But for now....
              sigpic
              '87 Saab 900 Airflow
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

<3

Comment

Forgot to update this thread.

Getting a little better now - on 18x8 forged Rays wheels. I eventually sourced the missing center caps.

Redoing the engine management right now, should make more power. Getting on the rollers again Sept 1st!
                  sigpic
                  '87 Saab 900 Airflow
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

yessssss! Looking real sharp there man! Keep it up!
                    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

this car is so awesome but I know I can't fully appreciate it. I wish I could understand all the rare parts for this car but I simply know nothing about it even tho I drive a swede

Comment

all that work and you have have that HORRIBLE gap on the driver door?
                        Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                        The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                        P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Here's what I ended up with for "driving" height. Using the Afco lightweight jack screw & jack cup modified to fit inside the Saab mounting location. I can't take credit for that design. Pop the hood, grab a 19mm and dial it down.

The rears you have to jack up to adjust. Using the Afco 5" diameter adjustable spring spacer with the "cup" cut off. It has about 2.5" of adjustability.

And the rears on full low:
                          sigpic
                          '87 Saab 900 Airflow
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Saab looks tight.Nice and clean. Dont see them all too often. Nice work.

-James
                            Be differant...... Hook up a Legend!

Comment

Really cool Saab!!!
                              IF IT'S STREET LEGAL IT'S NOT FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

Wow just fond this, awesome work on the 900, its nice to see one done right.

I've got a 08 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T. Only had a few weeks but I love it.

(Old man cars=cheap insurance)
                                Last edited by Z.Cockburn; 09-26-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X