My 2010 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Hey guys, I'm Steven. I'm not new to the StanceWorks forum but I have been gone for a long time. I had a miata build thread years and years ago that never got really serious before I sold the car, and I've been through a few cars since. I've found myself in love with BMW and everything about BMW, but I have taken a serious liking to the 3-Series Chassis.
    Since I sold my miata I have owned an '86 325e Sedan, a 2001 SchwarzII 330i Sedan, a 2001 Stehlgrau on taninrot 325i Wagon, and I just recently bought a 2010 Monaco blue E90 335i.

Some of you may know me for my dearly loved 325i wagon. It was a 1 of 1 very special wagon, steel grey with manual, sport package, taninrot interior; factory 5-speed manual; slicktop; with some top-of-the-line options, and weird base-model options. It was bagged on a set of Panasport G7 C5C, with a MTech II front bumper and face lift hood fitted (I liked the kidney grills and hood lines better lol) It got a LOT of love at Sowo 2015 and was featured in the Japanese magazine "AF Imp" in the September 2015 issue. Anyways enough of that, here's some pics.

All photos were done by Arlen of AML Photos

I have now moved on to my new car, the E90 335i, and I miss my wagon way more than I ever thought I would
    The 335i is my first turbo car, along with my first automatic car (took a lot of convincing but no ragrats yet) so I have a little learning to do as far as possible engine mods. I have a lot of plans for this car and I really want to get this car past what my wagon was, and push myself a little in the process.

Its a 2010 Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown E90 335i, automatic, sport package, navigation, etc... As of now the car is still totally stock besides LED interior lights.

here it is with my wagon on stocks before I sold it :'(

And here's my current pile of parts (minus my intakes that are still being shipped)

So far here's my parts list/wishlist
    Installed:
    LED Interior Lights
    Airlift Performance full air ride setup
    Autopilot V2 Management
    BMS DCI Intakes
    BMS Cowl delete filters
    6000k LED angel eyes
    Wheels
    CSL Trunk

Bought/Not Installed Yet
    Godspeed Project rear camber arms
    ER Charge Pipe w/ Tial style BOV

Wishlist
    WHEELS [X]
    JB4 []
    1M Style front bumper []
    MTech rear bumper []
    D&M rear diffuser []
    CSL trunk [X]
    FMIC []
    Inlets/Outlets []
    Downpipes []
    Exhaust []
    Meth kit []
    Diff Lockdown kit []
    LPFP for E85/E50 mix []
    MHD Back-end flash []
    Alpina B3 TCM flash []
    Navigation Phone-Mirroring mod []
    - More to be added

Plans for the car:
    As of right now I'm planning to build a false floor for the trunk set up to hide all of the air ride management guts and have just the top of the tank sticking out of the carpet pretty similar to this except with a pale driftwood colored hard wood floor.

And then obviously install my performance parts.
    I want to make around 450 whp on the stock twins until they go, then move on to a top-mount single turbo and full-time E85 with a moderate tune around 600-650, all while having top-notch fitment.
    I've always been a stance guy over a go-fast guy, but since this is my first turbo car I figured I can try to do both

Anyways leave me some feedback and ideas guys! I'm still brainstorming really hard on what all I want to do to the car so some ideas and constructive criticism would be awesome. The feedback gives me a lot of motivation to continue working on the car so let me know whats up!
    And I SERIOUSLY need help with a wheel choice. Give me some wheel opinions and whatnot on what I should run. I'm really liking the idea of Gloss black and Diamond Cut LXZ's.

For anyone interested in keeping up with my build and seeing fancy pics, follow me on instagram @_steevo
    Last edited by Hugger; 07-30-2017, 12:27 AM.
    Bagged '01 325i Touring - Sold 😢
    Bagged '10 E90 335i - Build Thread

this should be great! I bet you miss your wagon already!
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
      this should be great! I bet you miss your wagon already!
      I hope so
      and you have no idea... I really regret it lol

Comment

That old wagon was sweet, I'm sure it was tough to let go! Good luck with this, looks like it's headed in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@projects_always

Comment

love the car... cant wait to see what you do with it.

ps: gets some pics up when you install the angel eye bulbs, looking for some myself. but would love ones that iluminate the outer rings a bit better

Comment

This build has great potential based off of what you did with that wagon. As far as wheels go, I would say SSR SP3's would give you a nice balance between sport and stance looks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742069

Kind of like this, but a lot lower!
            sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
            Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

nice. I have a e90 335i as well mine is pre lci though. Looking forward to your upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                That old wagon was sweet, I'm sure it was tough to let go! Good luck with this, looks like it's headed in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks!! I hope it's on the right path so far 😎 And it was the Toughest car sale I've ever done. I really regret it.

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                love the car... cant wait to see what you do with it.

ps: gets some pics up when you install the angel eye bulbs, looking for some myself. but would love ones that iluminate the outer rings a bit better
                I'll upload some pics as soon as I get around to installing them! Hopefully will be next week or so, New Years and Christmas has me insanely busy lol.

Originally posted by Golden Gramps View Post
                This build has great potential based off of what you did with that wagon. As far as wheels go, I would say SSR SP3's would give you a nice balance between sport and stance looks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742069

Kind of like this, but a lot lower!
                Wow I like those a lot. I have a friend close by with a bagged M5 that's selling some SP1s I was thinking about picking up too.. I might have to look into those 🤔

Originally posted by johnathanz32 View Post
                nice. I have a e90 335i as well mine is pre lci though. Looking forward to your upgrades.
                Nice!! Thanks for the support

Comment

That wagon is gorgeous, Arlen takes amazing pics as well!

Excited to see the progress on the 335i

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by e39hamann View Post
                    That wagon is gorgeous, Arlen takes amazing pics as well!

Excited to see the progress on the 335i
                    Thanks! I miss it a lot. And yeah he takes KILLER pictures. Can't wait to get my E90 to a point where he can shoot it again. And he's a super cool guy too.

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of SP1's myself, but I'm sure the 335i could pull them off with a nice tuck and plenty of dish!
                      sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
                      Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

That was one awesome wagon. You know what you're doing for sure, if that wagon is anything to go by this one is going to be sweet as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Fons View Post
                          That was one awesome wagon. You know what you're doing for sure, if that wagon is anything to go by this one is going to be sweet as well!
                          Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping I can find a way to make this as unique as the wagon was, but I'm really racking my brain. It's tough to top the uniqueness of a station wagon build lol. But I hope I don't disappoint!

Comment

+1 for peanut butter interior! my M45 has a similar interior, i fucking love it!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

My Burger Motorsports DCI and Cowl delete filters just made it in ��
                              Really hoping to get all this started soon... I rotate between day and night shift every 2 weeks and it's tough to find time to work on the car and travel to see my girlfriend lol. Hoping my next 3 day weekend switching back to nights, I'll be able to throw some of this stuff on ��

I also picked up an OEM roof rack with a bike rail for a STEAL. Planning to buy a kayak when summer rolls around so the roof rack was gonna be a purchase, just couldn't pass up the deal I found.

Thanks again for the support everyone
                              Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X