Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2010 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Default My 2010 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Hey guys, I'm Steven. I'm not new to the StanceWorks forum but I have been gone for a long time. I had a miata build thread years and years ago that never got really serious before I sold the car, and I've been through a few cars since. I've found myself in love with BMW and everything about BMW, but I have taken a serious liking to the 3-Series Chassis.
    Since I sold my miata I have owned an '86 325e Sedan, a 2001 SchwarzII 330i Sedan, a 2001 Stehlgrau on taninrot 325i Wagon, and I just recently bought a 2010 Monaco blue E90 335i.

Some of you may know me for my dearly loved 325i wagon. It was a 1 of 1 very special wagon, steel grey with manual, sport package, taninrot interior; factory 5-speed manual; slicktop; with some top-of-the-line options, and weird base-model options. It was bagged on a set of Panasport G7 C5C, with a MTech II front bumper and face lift hood fitted (I liked the kidney grills and hood lines better lol) It got a LOT of love at Sowo 2015 and was featured in the Japanese magazine "AF Imp" in the September 2015 issue. Anyways enough of that, here's some pics.

All photos were done by Arlen of AML Photos

I have now moved on to my new car, the E90 335i, and I miss my wagon way more than I ever thought I would
    The 335i is my first turbo car, along with my first automatic car (took a lot of convincing but no ragrats yet) so I have a little learning to do as far as possible engine mods. I have a lot of plans for this car and I really want to get this car past what my wagon was, and push myself a little in the process.

Its a 2010 Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown E90 335i, automatic, sport package, navigation, etc... As of now the car is still totally stock besides LED interior lights.

here it is with my wagon on stocks before I sold it :'(

And here's my current pile of parts (minus my intakes that are still being shipped)

So far here's my parts list/wishlist
    Installed:
    LED Interior Lights
    Airlift Performance full air ride setup
    Autopilot V2 Management
    BMS DCI Intakes
    BMS Cowl delete filters
    6000k LED angel eyes
    Wheels
    CSL Trunk

Bought/Not Installed Yet
    Godspeed Project rear camber arms
    ER Charge Pipe w/ Tial style BOV

Wishlist
    WHEELS [X]
    JB4 []
    1M Style front bumper []
    MTech rear bumper []
    D&M rear diffuser []
    CSL trunk [X]
    FMIC []
    Inlets/Outlets []
    Downpipes []
    Exhaust []
    Meth kit []
    Diff Lockdown kit []
    LPFP for E85/E50 mix []
    MHD Back-end flash []
    Alpina B3 TCM flash []
    Navigation Phone-Mirroring mod []
    - More to be added

Plans for the car:
    As of right now I'm planning to build a false floor for the trunk set up to hide all of the air ride management guts and have just the top of the tank sticking out of the carpet pretty similar to this except with a pale driftwood colored hard wood floor.

And then obviously install my performance parts.
    I want to make around 450 whp on the stock twins until they go, then move on to a top-mount single turbo and full-time E85 with a moderate tune around 600-650, all while having top-notch fitment.
    I've always been a stance guy over a go-fast guy, but since this is my first turbo car I figured I can try to do both

Anyways leave me some feedback and ideas guys! I'm still brainstorming really hard on what all I want to do to the car so some ideas and constructive criticism would be awesome. The feedback gives me a lot of motivation to continue working on the car so let me know whats up!
    And I SERIOUSLY need help with a wheel choice. Give me some wheel opinions and whatnot on what I should run. I'm really liking the idea of Gloss black and Diamond Cut LXZ's.

For anyone interested in keeping up with my build and seeing fancy pics, follow me on instagram @_steevo
    Last edited by Hugger; 07-30-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    Bagged '01 325i Touring - Sold 😢
    Bagged '10 E90 335i - Build Thread

this should be great! I bet you miss your wagon already!
    Quote Originally Posted by s t a y g o l d View Post
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kittenpuncher View Post
    this should be great! I bet you miss your wagon already!
    I hope so
    and you have no idea... I really regret it lol

That old wagon was sweet, I'm sure it was tough to let go! Good luck with this, looks like it's headed in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@projects_always

love the car... cant wait to see what you do with it.

ps: gets some pics up when you install the angel eye bulbs, looking for some myself. but would love ones that iluminate the outer rings a bit better

This build has great potential based off of what you did with that wagon. As far as wheels go, I would say SSR SP3's would give you a nice balance between sport and stance looks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742069

Kind of like this, but a lot lower!

Old Japanese cars are my thing
    Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

nice. I have a e90 335i as well mine is pre lci though. Looking forward to your upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by cblock406 View Post
    That old wagon was sweet, I'm sure it was tough to let go! Good luck with this, looks like it's headed in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! I hope it's on the right path so far 😎 And it was the Toughest car sale I've ever done. I really regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by C2_mad View Post
    love the car... cant wait to see what you do with it.

ps: gets some pics up when you install the angel eye bulbs, looking for some myself. but would love ones that iluminate the outer rings a bit better
    I'll upload some pics as soon as I get around to installing them! Hopefully will be next week or so, New Years and Christmas has me insanely busy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Gramps View Post
    This build has great potential based off of what you did with that wagon. As far as wheels go, I would say SSR SP3's would give you a nice balance between sport and stance looks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742069

Kind of like this, but a lot lower!
    Wow I like those a lot. I have a friend close by with a bagged M5 that's selling some SP1s I was thinking about picking up too.. I might have to look into those 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by johnathanz32 View Post
    nice. I have a e90 335i as well mine is pre lci though. Looking forward to your upgrades.
    Nice!! Thanks for the support

That wagon is gorgeous, Arlen takes amazing pics as well!

Excited to see the progress on the 335i

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by e39hamann View Post
    That wagon is gorgeous, Arlen takes amazing pics as well!

Excited to see the progress on the 335i
    Thanks! I miss it a lot. And yeah he takes KILLER pictures. Can't wait to get my E90 to a point where he can shoot it again. And he's a super cool guy too.

I'm not the biggest fan of SP1's myself, but I'm sure the 335i could pull them off with a nice tuck and plenty of dish!

Old Japanese cars are my thing
    Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

That was one awesome wagon. You know what you're doing for sure, if that wagon is anything to go by this one is going to be sweet as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Fons View Post
    That was one awesome wagon. You know what you're doing for sure, if that wagon is anything to go by this one is going to be sweet as well!
    Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping I can find a way to make this as unique as the wagon was, but I'm really racking my brain. It's tough to top the uniqueness of a station wagon build lol. But I hope I don't disappoint!

+1 for peanut butter interior! my M45 has a similar interior, i fucking love it!

Instagram: @half_lung

My Burger Motorsports DCI and Cowl delete filters just made it in ��
    Really hoping to get all this started soon... I rotate between day and night shift every 2 weeks and it's tough to find time to work on the car and travel to see my girlfriend lol. Hoping my next 3 day weekend switching back to nights, I'll be able to throw some of this stuff on ��

I also picked up an OEM roof rack with a bike rail for a STEAL. Planning to buy a kayak when summer rolls around so the roof rack was gonna be a purchase, just couldn't pass up the deal I found.

Thanks again for the support everyone
    Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Decided to go ahead and get a walnut blasting service aligned. Going to be getting it done in about 3 weeks and seizing that opportunity to install my intakes and chargepipe while it's apart. Cars got 88k on it now and I have no paperwork on a walnut blast in the past so I figured it'd be safe. I'm going to try to get the angel eyes installed this week and possibly start work on my trunk set up for the air.

Also working on finding a set of cheap 18s to rebuild and possibly run on this. Bazreias, LXZs, maybe Ordens or Waffes. If anyone has some leads on some 18" faces or wheels in need of restoration let me know.

Thanks again for the support everyone!!

Well I didn't wake up planning to buy wheels yesterday but my girlfriend saw some wheels she liked, that just so happened to be on my top 3 most wanted sets of wheels and stuff kinda fell into place.. I found a set for a pretty great price and they're being built now.

Super pumped on these wheels!!! And I really need to get started on the bags, once these wheels show up I won't be able to wait any longer
    Will post updates asap!

gets some pics up...or are they a secret for now?

Quote Originally Posted by C2_mad View Post
    gets some pics up...or are they a secret for now?
    Secret for now because they're being built and I don't really have any pics lol...
    However I will say the faces are going to be "forged charcoal" by prismatic powders. A matte grey color

cant wait...

Had an interview at a new agency that will hopefully get me in the same zip code as my girlfriend and get me a very good raise (more car parts yay)! It will also lead to me having a home where I have a garage and can actually work on my car when I want to lol.

Wheels are officially being built and I'm super pumped to get them. Really gotta get to work, wheels should be done in 3 weeks and in that time I have to:
    Install bags
    Fender roll
    Camber kit
    Stud conversion
    AT THE LEAST. I'd also really like to get Drilled/Slotted brakes and powder coat the calipers while I have it apart for air.

Anyone have an opinion on brake colors? My wheels are going to be matte grey faces on polished lips. I'm thinking yellow because yellow looks great with dark blue cars but I'm also feeling red or just black. Any input is appreciated ��

Hope to have some actual progress and photos soon!

like all your options, red or yellow me thinks

Got started on some stuff today. Originally just planned to get started on my air setup but ended up doing more.

Started off with the trunk setup
    Got it mounted how I think I want it. Was having trouble deciding on tank placement but I think this is the most practical way for me to do it. I'll be moving on to a hardwood floor at some point.

And for those wondering why tf I would mount the tank right there, it's so I can still access the compartment underneath the carpet (where I think I will be mounting my manifold) and so I still have as much trunk space as possible.

After I kinda made my mind up about that and got it situated, my buddy who was helping me had walked off and I found him starting on the BMS DCI and cowl delete filters. These two things delete like 20 pounds of weight and make an AMAZING combo for turbo noises.
    Started here:

Took all this crap off:

Now we here:

Also got to install my LED angel eyes. I'm gonna try to get better pics asap

And lastly, shoutout to Coors light for the liquid motivation

And for anyone who cares, the E39 beside my car is my buddy's that was helping me with the E90. It has a 6.0 LSx swap

Overall I'm glad I got to put some of my parts on finally. Super happy with the LED angel eyes and the DCI/Cowl delete combo. Sounds amazing inside the car. Just have to figure out how/where I'm gonna mount the air manifold and run the lines now.
    I also have to order M3/AirLift performance shocks to install my rear kit because the shock mount is different than the Non-M E90s so the air won't be on super soon
    Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Holy shit! What a small world! Is that E39 by any chance this one? And is your buddy's name John S?

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77670

If so that's my old car! I built the car and did the swap! I keep nagging him to start a progress thread, but he is stubborn. Would love to see it get brought back to its former glory!

Also, your 335i kicks ass. I thought very long and hard about getting one once I sold my 560i.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Quote Originally Posted by nsogiba View Post
    Holy shit! What a small world! Is that E39 by any chance this one? And is your buddy's name John S?

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77670

If so that's my old car! I built the car and did the swap! I keep nagging him to start a progress thread, but he is stubborn. Would love to see it get brought back to its former glory!

Also, your 335i kicks ass. I thought very long and hard about getting one once I sold my 560i.
    Lol yep that's him! He told me yesterday that you had said you wanted him to start a thread. I think when I told him I was doing one he started thinking about it, I'll see if I can talk him into it. That car is freakin sweet, you did a stellar job on it.
    And thanks for the compliment! I love my 335, it's a fantastic mix of class and power. They're a great car for anyone, stance guys, track guys, drag guys, all of them lol.