I'm a 90's Kid (E36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a 90's Kid (E36)

Some may know recently a deal fell through for an FC Rx-7 I was going to pick up as my next project. Didn't bother me, no harm no foul. I was browsing craigslist like I do daily and came across a Boston Green Metallic 1996 E36 Convertible. Stripped to the bone: no motor, trans, interior. NOTHING. However, NO RUST. Which for the Northeast is fantastic. Two texts and $150 later the title is in my hands. Yes, $150. Currently sitting in storage while I wrap up my Subaru and finish the truck I just bought.

Plans are loosely founded at the moment:
    New Paint
    Rad Wheels
    Cage
    Race inspired interior
    Brides or Recaros
    Semi Shaved/Tucked Bay
    M52 or LS..don't judge me lol
    A bunch of other things that I don't know about yet. Stay Tuned.

dope, im in!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

That thing is rough! I'm sure you'll figure something out though, I'm in!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Wow for 150 you can't complain at all! An LS would be sweet for sure

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

My options are endless which is great. I really want to stick to some sort of budget and keep it as simple as possible, while making look and perform great.

Comment

saw this on craigslist and was amazed he wanted so much for it. now I'm kinda upset I didn't offer 150 dollars for it lol -_- best of luck with everything! 5.0 or ls swap this thing
            You drive your handicapped grandfather around in a car on cut coils? :facepalm:

Comment

Thread isn't entirely dead..Much better platform to start with...

Comment

Same chassis but much better condition.

Comment

After many failed ventures, I'm finally back with a better chassis. Picked this Hellrot 95' 318i convertible up. It's in much better shape than then the old green one I had a few years back. While it's not my favorite color, it's basically rust-free. It's got an m42, automatic with no seats, no hood, and no convertible top. This is fine by me because I was going hard top anyway. I'm pretty stoked on this as I've been trying to find one for a while that wasn't beaten into the ground.

Plans right now are :
                  Get running
                  Find a top
                  New seats
                  Coilovers
                  Wheels
                  Clear tail lights, new headlights
                  Hood

After that, I'm not sure. The m42 will suffice as I'm not trying to blow the doors off anyone. Will be a fun cruiser for a while..

Comment

Not gonna lie, hardtop vert is my favorite bodystyle for the e36. Looking forward on how its gonna look!
                    Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

I have some old pss9 coilovers if your interested. They will need new rear springs/adjusters but they should be fine for cheap.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

PM’d !

Comment

Also think I’m going to go the 5x114 route. I have a pretty neat wheel choice that I think will be killer.

Comment

This is what I have in mind..kinda.

Comment

Thats very red! But I think it'l work out pretty nice
                              Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Working...
                              X