No announcement yet.

I'm a 90's Kid (E36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than likely I won’t match the hard top whenever I find one. It is a lot of red and needs to be broken up lol

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
      More than likely I won’t match the hard top whenever I find one. It is a lot of red and needs to be broken up lol
      Tbh you could probably go for a black top and black mirrors - unless you go for a full respray or wrap :/

Comment

I'm kicking some different ideas from mild to wild. so we'll see. My issue is I have no patience when it comes to cars lol

Comment

Managed to find a hood local for basically nothing. Of course, the color doesn't match but oh well. Got the hood on, started taking note of the little things I'll need here and there. The trunk won't open but I have a feeling that has something to do with the top not being there lol This is the first time ever working on a convertible so this is all new to me. I bought a convertible frame off of ebay so now I'm sourcing a top that isn't outrageously priced. I really enjoy piecing a car together this way, not sure why but It's super satisfying for me. Iphone pictures below.

Comment

Thank you Prime Day

Comment

Keeping this rolling right along...

Comment

Got a lot done today. Tossed the top on, loosely, as it will need adjustments. With BMW trunks/convertibles it's a pain in the balls when it comes to opening the trunk if there is no power, the top isn't completely down or up all considering there is no way to access the trunk, nor is there an emergency release..add in the fact that I couldn't open the trunk with the key I have because it's a valet key and the valet key does not open the trunk. I called BMW and I need registration, proof of ownership, my firstborn and proof Elon musk is my uncle..plus $100 lol ANYWAY, said screw it, drilled a small hole in the trunk, popped the cable, and opened the trunk. Installed the new taillights, got the power to the windows to put them up, and checked that the car had power throughout. Sorry, that was a lot, here are pictures.

This may seem like a basket case, which it kind of is. However, my dad has been helping me get this sorted and I don't care if it takes me 10 years, I'm having fun with him doing it. lol

Comment

Took a trip this weekend to snag some parts I needed. Grabbed a tonneau cover in Lancaster, then stopped in Reading to meet fellow Member Hinrichs. Scooped a bunch of fun stuff from him; coil-overs, taillights, side skirts, trim pieces, shift knob, condor suspension bits, corner lights. I think that's all lol

slowly getting there. haven't touched the car as I've just been slowly accruing parts. It's honestly been too hot to do anything outside with it. Had to spend some time fixing my daily that I've neglected for a while. Other than that, I need to get headlights, seats, probably a new carpet, top cover and some misc. bits. While it seems like a lot the list is shrinking week to week.

Comment

Wheels showed up yesterday.
                    17x9 +30 Rotiform LS-R

Comment

Can’t wait to see the LS-Rs on! Big fan of that wheel, especially on E36s.

Comment

My original order was actually RSE's. But a 90 day wait landed me here. I'm stoked.

Comment

Maybe somebody can chime in, can I utilize oem bmw lug bolts with the Rotiforms?

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                            Maybe somebody can chime in, can I utilize oem bmw lug bolts with the Rotiforms?
                            The factory alloys from BMW should have the same conical shape for the bolt holes as any other alloy. I think this is a standard. 60° if im not mistaken
                            Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

I figured as much, but I know sometimes things get funky lol

Comment

Working...
                              X