Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyed a few groceries and did a photo with a stock Corsa:

And finally installed the brasilian headlights because the stripes came in today:

Greets Tom

Comment

• Omg those mudflaps let the car down so much.
      Please remove them, do a proper correction and you will be in a very good path.

Nice effort mate

Cheers

Mike

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• Nah I really like them and I alsways wanted them.
        Here is a Soundfile of the little Corsa with the 2.5 inch catback exhaust:
        Aufgenommen mit Canon Spiegelreflex. Corsa B 1.2 16V (X12XE) mit TA Technix Gruppe A Edelstahl. Motor ist warm, Auspuffanlage hat ca 1000km drauf.Corsa B 1.2...
        Last edited by SoapHero; 08-13-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
          Nah I really like them and I alsways wanted them.
          Here is a Soundfile of the little Corsa with the 2.5 inch catback exhaust:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24W...ature=youtu.be
          The sound is really nice with this exhaust. I don't think you should get rid of the mudflaps, it doesn't look that ugly and it kinda makes a difference in the car.

Comment

• Thanks @Neto.
            I also really like the flaps.
            The exhaust sounds nice but its a bit quiet, especially when you have the windows up you can hear nearly nothing... Thats why Iam thinking of buying an mid silencer delete but I havent decided yet.
            Greets Tom

Comment

• Did a first polishing by hand, you can already see the difference but I need to do it at leaest 2 more times. And I installed new caps (I can switch with the little grey one when I want:

Greets Tom

Comment

• Glad to see the new hubcaps! I was thinking that this thing needs a set of silver wheels as I was reading the new updates.

I don't mind the mudflaps, although maybe cut them down a little so they don't stick out further then the wheels? When I see mudflaps which are wider than the wheels I can't help but think of the Trabants I used to see in Poland when I was little.

Comment

• Thank you.
                  The mudflaps are flush with the wheels, theyre not wider. It only looks like they are on the picture.
                  I ordered a new speedo today because mine is from an 3 cylindre Corsa so the rpms are wrong (it shows 500rpm at idle and 4200 at the rev limiter but idle is at 800rpm and rev limiter at 6200rpm).
                  So I hope that comes in wednesday, then I can adjust the mileage to the original 134tkm and finally see the real rpms
                  Greets Tom

Comment

• This is the Internet! Don't you know that you're supposed to do what others tell you to do?! JK. Love this thing a lot. I always liked small little fun hatches...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thanks! Yesterday I installed the new speedo, so now I can read the real rpms...
                      Today the new exhaust should arrive, I really hope that it sounds good. Well see, if it arrives today, I install it.

Greets Tom

Comment

• Have you thought about taking all the badges off the rear? I think it would clean up the back of the car a bit

Comment

• Yes, but considering that the paint is very old, Im gonna leave it like that. I like the lettering because its from an prefacelift Corsa but my Corsa is an facelift one.
                          Yesterday was a huge sh*t show... I fucked up one tire because of some asshole with his big SUV and then the rear muffler was all fucked up on where you put in the pipe from the mid silencer.
                          So a buddy took the muffler and he will fix it today on work so that I can maybe put on the new exhaust today

Greets Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
                            Got the wheels TÜV applied...
                            Did 2 comparison pics with my grandpa´s stock Corsa on 13 inch:

Buyed a rare original part magazine:

And today a Maserati parked next to me:

Greets Tom

Nice car, I really like the look of the steelies with the original center cap and the lowering.
                            P.S. my first car was also a red Corsa B, however I didn't reach the stage to lower it and put bigger steelies :

Comment

• Thanks buddy.
                              I like that I can switch between the modern looking Astra caps and the "retro" original hubcaps.

Comment

• Well in the past weeks I installed a new radio because I wanted bluetooth.
                                Then for fun I lowered the front 2,5cm to look where the max is with this wheels... There was absolutely no riding quality because It was laying on the rubber limiters (which are already 75% shortened).
                                But I looked awesome:

Well it was close:

Still ground clearance:

And it added a bit camber:

But now it starts to rust so Im thinking about making it stock for the winter, because I want to drive it in the winter with a bit comfort.
                                And then Im gonna search another Corsa in better condition where I can swap all parts in.
                                Im already on buying some nice very rare wheels in 7x15 with 38 offset. Perfect for a Corsa.
                                Theyre lookin like a multipiece wheel which is very nice. But I dont know which tyre size Im gonna puttin on... 185/45 R15 would be legal here but boring. I kinda wanna 165/45 or 165/50 for a nice stretch.
                                But first I need to get those wheels. I hope everything is working that I can get them.

Greets Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X