Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Hey,
    my name is Tom, im 17 years old & from germany. Ive been addicted to cars through my dad. He´s working in an Opel Dealership as mechanican for 24 years now. At the moment iam making the driving license for accompanied driving. And finally a good buddy is selling his corsa now. I was looking for an Opel which is cheap and has not much rust (Opel problem). Specs:
    - built 1998 ( one year older then me
    - 140tkm on the clock
    - 1.2 16v engine with 65hp
    - K&N filter
    - KW V1 Inox coilovers which are very low for a corsa ^^
    - other radio with usb and cd
    - 6 speakers instead of the normal 4
    - fake mid silencer (illegal) and sport rear muffler which is a very very loud combo
    - black Hella headlights
    - air condition (rare in a corsa)
    - 13 inch steelies with winter tyres
    - new tailgate + a GSI spoiler for changing the rusty original tailgate

Heres a photo on winter tyres:

What I wanna do:
    - got probably other rear headlights (maybe the ones from the brasilian chevrolet corsa, well see)
    - put a active subwoofer in it (at the place of the spare wheel which I dont need either)
    - put a speedometer with rev counter in it (the normal german version has no rev counter)
    - get a legal stainless steel catback with 63,5mm pipe
    - 15 / 16 inch wheels ( I dont know which)
    - put the ne tailgate with gsi spoiler on
    - polish the paint for simily red on the whole car

For the wheels I have a few options:

- first, 6x15 inch Astra G wheels: https://shop.auto-scheuermann.de/images/916dscf7675.jpg

- 6x15 inch BBS RA375 which are originally from a volkswagon golf MK2: http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/w1600/...1025-6Jx15.jpg

- or I get 6,5x16 inch steelies

Yeah, and now a few pics with different wheels:

Original 5x14 inch (the orange corsa is my dads gsi):

6x17 Fiat (too big):

or which I like most, 6,5x16 inch steelies with mercedes caps:

So let me know what you think, and I you have any ideos fro wheels

Greetz Tom
    Last edited by SoapHero; 12-18-2016, 09:15 AM.

ha! Those MB wheel covers suit the car surprisingly well!

Ps. If you want to make the wheel arches black again easily, put some heat on them with a heatgun. The ABS plastic will eventually reach a point where it starts to 'sweat'. The sweating oil will make it black again in a natural way (as long as you can speak about natural with plastic haha).

CAUTION though, because if you heat it up too much, it can start to melt and deform.

Good luck!
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Thanks, but the MB wheel covers are from the former owner of the car, he sold this complete wheels already. I try to get another set oft these with 16 inch steelies and 165/40 R16 tyres.

Comment

I like it, any plan for the engine?

If you want to go with 16s i may have the perfect set for it...

Comment

We have a X16XE with 103tkm here, so I think next winter its going in.
          What for a set do u have?
          Its weird to write english with an german and as an german

A thing I would do to is to upgrade the speedometer lightning to white leds.

Comment

Maybe im buying a set of these next week:

original Opel Intra 6x15 ET49 from an Kadett.

Comment

I send you a pm.

Engine should be fun, a lot of potential for further optimizing.

Also, it isn't that weird at all. It gets weird when you mostly visit websides where english is the main
              form of comunication and have trouble remembering the german word for something car related...

Comment

i love fun little hatchbacks! Can't wait to see what you do to it!
                Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Thanks, we pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

So im home, we have picked it up (sorry it was dark):

It was scraping while driving onto the tow truck.

Now its sitting in the garage and my dads car is outside :

And it has already a nice keychain:

Comment

Heres an Bild how its looking right now:

Comment

Today Ive looked and it has only 133.000km on the clock (previous owner said 140.000):

And I got the speedometer with rev limiter (I put it in in the next weeks):

And here is how its sitting in the garage:

I need to take of the 79, its from the previous owner...
                        And Iam buying wheels today, but they get shipped next year to me I think.

Comment

So today Ive purchased an StanceWorks windshield-banner, 2 other stickers and a set of philips colorvison h4 bulbs in yellow for the headlights. At the moment there are xenon-look bulbs installed which look like cold white but I like a more warm white / yellow look. How theyre looking now:

And an picture from the back so you can see how the red is getting brighter but my detailer says that he can fix that with polishing so that its all looking in the original red like the back bumper.:

On the roof is the GSI spoiler which is painted black and I think im leaving it black because it will also look good with the red.

Comment

Merry christmas everyone! Yesterday we had a bit work on the car.:

We changed the closing cylinder because someone tryed to steal the corsa and fucked it up so the key wasnt fitting anymore.

Then we changed the light bulbs against the philips colorvision which are more yellow and much brighter than the blue-looking china bulbs:

After that we changed the speedometer against an speedometer with rev limiter (cause the normal german version has no rev limiter but the italian or spain does have one):

Then we fixed some little things like the mounting of the air filter box, and some wirings.We have a few things to do, but mostly little things like the oil üressure switch which is leaking, or the wiring of the 3. brake light is fucked up which are the next steps. Then I buy a new 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust with 2,5 inch tip because the exhaust at the moment is illegal because of the mid resonater delete (and its way to loud). So yeah and then we´ll mount the GSI spoiler and buy and active subwoofer and place it where normally the spare wheel is, that this thing gets a little more bass.
                            Last edited by SoapHero; 12-25-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Today we got fixed the wiring in the back because some cables were broken.
                              And then I got to talk with an really crazy guy here... He has the 2 sickest corsas in germany:
                              Number 1 which he drives as summer car, on 17 inch BMW rims and STATIC!!!:

And number 2 which he can only drive on his courtyard cause its illegal as fuck here:

After te talk I decided that I need camber screws for the front which will bring me -1.75 additional camber so that i have around 3-3.75 degrees. In the back I need camber plates, but they are really rare here so I need to search a lot.

And Ive buyed a new 2.5inch stainless steel exhaust with a decent 2.5 inch tip, which Is legal here and not so frickin loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X