Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's absolutely his point, but he uses the words "cheap," "piece of shit," and "can't afford."

And underlying message aside, most people will only pick up on those three phrases
    -George
    flickr

Comment

I can't wait till the fad part of this passes. For 99% of people this is the new fad, and its diluted the scene. I keep hearing people bitching about not having enough money for real wheels, then they spend $1K on reps. You could have got some real wheels and put some elbow grease into them for that much money. You just got to know what the fuck your doing.

Its part of the reason why I'm on the forums a lot less. It was cool when we had less than 1K members and all the cars (or most) were quality. Now its a bunch of "yo check my miata/civic/etc on sport max's" and shit like that. Fuck that garbage.
      Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 08-05-2010, 12:49 PM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
        I can't wait till the fad part of this passes. For 99% of people this is the new fad, and its diluted the scene. I keep hearing people bitching about not having enough money for real wheels, then they spend $1K on reps. You could have got some real wheels and put some elbow grease into them for that much money. You just got to know what the fuck your doing.

Its part of the reason why I'm on the forums a lot less. It was cool when we had less than 1K members and all the cars (or most) were quality. Now its a bunch of "yo check my miata/civic/etc on sport max's" and shit like that. Fuck that garbage.
        Itll be alright man... Im not coming over there for nothing after all
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
          Yeah that's absolutely his point, but he uses the words "cheap," "piece of shit," and "can't afford."

And underlying message aside, most people will only pick up on those three phrases
          You're right, it may not be the best way to state it. However it is the easiest way to express my dislike for whats happening.

You can find great wheels for the same or cheaper than knockoffs, but people are too lazy to A. scout for the wheels and then B. do the work necessary to make them look good. They get grouped in with the "cheap" statement. They're still being cheap, just with time not money. I've saved over $1k in parts on my GF's car by shopping around for good deals on used parts, but the parts are still legit.

Its not about money really, a clean OEM+ looks worlds better than a car sittin on Rotas IMO.

Comment

I agree with this thread. When a majority of the guys run knockoffs, rust, etc., it brings down the value of the whole scene. Just save up. Used wheels can be found in a whole bunch of places. Get creative.

Quality wheels also keep their value well unlike the cheap stuff. Its nice to know that as long as you take care of your rims, you can get your money back when its time to change it up.

Something that hasnt been mentioned is spacers. Just because you cant afford rims, space out your stockies.
            We are not your average enthusiasts

Comment

I consider myself new to the scene, however I'm anything but a bandwagoner, I took an endless shit storm for doing what I did to my car. I am also lookin forward to the day when the storm passes and its only the die hards left.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                You're right, it may not be the best way to state it. However it is the easiest way to express my dislike for whats happening.

You can find great wheels for the same or cheaper than knockoffs, but people are too lazy to A. scout for the wheels and then B. do the work necessary to make them look good. They get grouped in with the "cheap" statement. They're still being cheap, just with time not money. I've saved over $1k in parts on my GF's car by shopping around for good deals on used parts, but the parts are still legit.

Its not about money really, a clean OEM+ looks worlds better than a car sittin on Rotas IMO.
                This x1234

Id rather be clean and unorignal than "original" (not really) and not clean at all.

And im a college student, so you better believe im on a budget, but i still have 4 sets of wheels (excluding the cheap rollers) that are legit and not reps.

Flickr

Comment

I agree 10000% Sean, that's why i've rarely been coming here anymore. This whole scene turned to "fanboy" status(which was inevitable but f$%k), and seems everyone is literally doing the exact same shiit. meh!
                  Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

I have to say that I have been guilty of playing the fad card instead of doing something better on my own cars (my w210, oh my). Though I had realized I mistakes pretty quickly and fixed it, I still feel silly for making those choices at the time. I think I had to learn what NOT to do before I could open my mind up enough to think of new things TO DO.
                    [

Comment

Originally posted by ShanesG View Post
                      I agree 10000% Sean, that's why i've rarely been coming here anymore. This whole scene turned to "fanboy" status(which was inevitable but f$%k), and seems everyone is literally doing the exact same shiit. meh!
                      Thats one of the worst parts, the bandwagon crew is discouraging the real heavy hitters from coming here. The quality:quantity ratio has taken a real turn for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                        Thats one of the worst parts, the bandwagon crew is discouraging the real heavy hitters from coming here. The quality:quantity ratio has taken a real turn for the worst.
                        No offence, but that almost makes all the heavy hitters sound a little elietist. Now you know that I have nothing but respect for all the guys who put massive amounts of time, effort, and some cases dollars, but you need to be able to look past all the bullshit.

I come on here almost everyday these days, Mainly cause I work night shift and have nothing to do, And the guys in RT keep me company... But even if I go back to day shift Ill still check back and look around.

Like I said in a previous post, There IS an underlying community in Stanceworks.. I know first hand that I can talk to some of you guys on a personal level with no drama, and I know that when the "fad scene" fizzles out, Ill still be here with that same group of guys.

I dont know, I still rate SW as the easiest going forum Im on... I think Everyone who will read through this thread, ESPECIALLY the newcomers to the site/scene, Y'all need to take a step back, Think about what you're doing, and do it properly.

Comment

pretty much explains how i feel.

but i do think alot of people need to calm down..its only the internet.

Originally posted by BADwayz View Post
                          I have to say that I have been guilty of playing the fad card instead of doing something better on my own cars (my w210, oh my). Though I had realized I mistakes pretty quickly and fixed it, I still feel silly for making those choices at the time. I think I had to learn what NOT to do before I could open my mind up enough to think of new things TO DO.
                          hahah same with me
                          i sticker bombed a bunch of shit..
                          -Matt

Comment

Im not a heavy hitter, just an elitist.

Viva la stance revolution!

Flickr

Comment

You can call them elitists if you want, but having a really well done car surrounded by what the majority of the scene is now is like having a mansion in a trailer park.

Comment

Wheres Ben...

We need wisdom in here to reason everyones emotions hahaha

BEN!! Halp!

Comment

Working...
                                X