No announcement yet.

bmw e30 engine lift???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take into account your transmission mounts, you will need to rasie that too.
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

i have already explained this in another thread. pictures #1, 3 and 4 are all wrong

#2 is the only illustration that is correct.

i have the m20 in my e30 so it did not need to go up very much to clear the sub-frame. the 4 bangers would have to greatly raise it to clear and would be wrong to do so. a few washers are okay but will not clear the m42 and such motor's pan. you will need a custom pan to get a 4 banger low safely

or swap a m20. if you want MPG's then get the M20b27. i can get 38 mpg and at min 25 everywhere i go. just gotta know how to control your foot
      Last edited by CHIF8008; 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM.
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop??

Comment

I just used washers on the mounts Lifted the sump to the same height as the subframe on an M40! (same sump as M42)

Comment

just got a 318is and plan on lowering it and was wondering about how much i would have to raise the motor for the pan to clear, or is there another pan i could swap on there for more clearance? and can the pan be swapped without having to pull the motor? the car needs oil pan gaskets too and i was wondering if i could change those out with the motor in the car? or at least only slightly raised instead of having to pull the whole thing out

and if i cant put a pan with more clearance on there would a nice skidplate protect it adequately?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. View Post
            I just used washers on the mounts Lifted the sump to the same height as the subframe on an M40! (same sump as M42)
            any drivetrain vibrations?

Comment

Nope still drives fine I'm planning on M52 swaping it in the near future or selling it and getting an E34 so I wasn't too worried about vibrations or w.e

Comment

with an m42 car you will also run into the issue of your intake hitting the hood, you could run hood spacers or something of the like. im going to raise my engine over my winter break. i have been thinking in my head recently if i raise the engine and trans say 20 to 25mil(around and inch) and install 12mm riser subframe kit jacked the rear subframe up to help drive line alighnment. now i have thought of a few cons
                1. for this to work properly im thinking you would have to raise the center support bearing the same 12mm to keep drive shaft alighnment to the back
                2. shifter clearance with raising the trans
                3. drive shaft tunnel clearance.
                4. hood clearance.
                now to fix problum 1 im thinking just notch it, weld a new piece of steel in and re-thread it. very easy
                2nd problem not as easy to fix, but im actually thinking that won't be an issue, but was just an idea i had run through my head, same with issue 3.
                4 is easy to fix. depending on how high i raise the engine i can 1. just cut the under side bracing out, or just knock a dent in it. the car is very ratty and beat how it is so i am not worried that much lol

Comment

Has anyone decided the best way to raise the E30 engine and gearbox?

I've got a 318is with the m42 which if I remember correctly has the lowest sump out of all the E30 blocks, I would like to bring my front arch gap down an inch or 2 but my oil pan is only about 2.5" above the ground as it is.

Comment

stop posting the same response in every thread
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Just trying to increase the chances of getting an answer and I found two threads about the same thing, what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck6687 View Post
                        take into account your transmission mounts, you will need to rasie that too.

e30s stock from the factory are parallel. It has something to do with getting full movement of the bearings. Stack some washers. Also ditch the stock rubbers as they sag over time.

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                        [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
                        I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

bump for specs or further info on diy

Comment

Dame Camr

?Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Undertøj er en del af den amerikanske lingeri Companys har andre kendte mærker, de vigtigste punkter er populært for andre mærker. Effektivt, Tom Ford Tom Ford om, hvordan andre virksomheder som det? Lige her holde sig til den kinesiske undertøj netværk Xiaobian kollektivt at vide: Om USA lingeri firma, hvis Tom Ford Tom Ford, mode planet er bare ikke (Tom Ford), så er det helt sikkert vigtigt at udvikle en out Sensible, smuk, karismatisk, indeholder en bedste smag på ingen måde på. skyld, han er ligesom en født mester inden for mode design og stil. Skuespillerinden Rita Wilson er generelt kendt som "verdens mest sexede homoseksuel mand" Tom Ford, synes det aldrig har haft Sentimental etape, selv i højere kollegium, hvor de fleste af os er langsommelig med hud og acne ikke er effektiv sans for mode og nød, Tom Ford (Tom Ford) allerede har en fantastisk udseende var upåklagelig. Født i Santa non-Tom Ford (Tom Ford), der går på college i New York, produceret tv reklamefilm, og derefter til New Yorks Parsons College of Style i Paris og studerede indretning og mode design og stil i 1990 af den daværende af GUCCI direktør Dawn Mello sluttede GUCCI værdsat før har for designeren Cathy Hardwick og Perry Ellis betjene. Om Tom Ford Tom Ford, mode kloden er bare ikke hvis Tom Ford (Tom Ford), så er det helt sikkert er nødvendigt at tilvejebringe en out. intelligent, smuk, karismatisk, har en stor smag aldrig nogensinde skyld, han er som en født mester med inden for modedesign. Skuespillerinden Rita Wilson er kendt som "verdens mest sexede homoseksuel mand" Tom Ford, ser det ud på ingen måde havde Sentimental etape, selv i højere skole,Dame Camrose Parka, når de fleste af os er langvarige med hud og akne er bare ikke vidunderlige sans for stil og nød, Tom Ford (Tom Ford) aktuelt har en ideel udseende var upåklagelig. Født i Santa non-Tom Ford (Tom Ford), der går på college i New York, skabte tv-reklamer, og derefter til New Yorks parsons College of Style i Paris og studerede indretning og stil og mode stil,canada goose jakker, i 1990 af den daværende af GUCCI direktør Dawn Mello sluttede GUCCI værdsat lige før har for designeren Cathy Hardwick og Perry Ellis udføre. Om Tom Ford Tom Ford Andre virksomhedskultur, du kan tage et kig på den amerikanske medlem Tom Ford lingeri firma officielle hjemmeside.
                            ????????

Canada Goose Outlet Kensington Parka Blå Gratis F

Song Du træningsdragt sammenføjning detaljer3146 canada goose jakke

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
                              i machined some nice aluminum spacers to raise my engine. 24v pan = lower then m20 pan. just throw some washers in there. raise it a hakf inch or so. its a good solid number without bieng drastic.
                              how many millimeters were the washers you machined?

Comment

From this thread... http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55326 The guy in the thread bought a shorter steel m42 oil pan, so raising the engine is almost obsolete... I myself have stock pan and have raised the motor ~1/8th inch, which is functionally nothing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stahl-Olwann...ee5&rmvSB=true
                                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
                                X