bmw e30 engine lift???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmw e30 engine lift???

hi, i'm new here so excuse if this is in the wrong spot.( please relocate if possible ) i have a 316 e30 and thinking of raising the engine in order to get LOW. has anyone here done this before or have any comments on the matter? i'm currently -60mm from stock on 15", now the back sits oh so right but the front still has the horrendous arch/wheel gap that make me shudder every time i see it. i'm willin to cut the springs but the problem lies with my sump, sooo raise the motor???

any help will do, cheers tommy.x

People use washers, hockey pucks, etc. I even created a nolt to raise my motor a half inch in my e21. And I did say nolt on purpose.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

i machined some nice aluminum spacers to raise my engine. 24v pan = lower then m20 pan. just throw some washers in there. raise it a hakf inch or so. its a good solid number without bieng drastic.

Comment

orr cheers fellas, i'll be givin it a good look at tommo, get it sussed out. is a half inch the maximum sensible lift?

an theneek, a nolt?? nut/bolt combo thingy ???

Comment

thinking about doing this myself. anyone have any problems with the oil pickup or some other problem that may arise when doing this mod? lemme know.

anyone try to raise the whole subframe????????? LOL. I'd like to see it all raised to where the engine would lightly kiss the underside of the hood.

if i win the lotto, i'm going to have the first body-dropped/channeled e30 FTW.

Comment

the subframe is bolted to the frame, so unless you find a way to raise the frame railsm your not moving the subframe up

Comment

when i did my m50 i made solid motor/trans mounts myself it just happened to work out well i made them taller than the e28 535i mounts i am on IE3's down a coil in the front and i have smashed my lip bashed it a ton and (knock on wood) yet to hit the pan even slightly (RIP 190D) she was taken out due to sump+low dip and no warning sign.

but yeah you can raise is to gain more clearance the only issue i have with mine is im pretty sure the angle is eating up my guibo a lil quicker now than stock height of the motor

Comment

www.e30.de is a german site... they sell things to do that!

maybe paste in translate.google

Currenty owned cars:
                VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
                BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
                  the subframe is bolted to the frame, so unless you find a way to raise the frame railsm your not moving the subframe up
                  Not true: My friend did this to his E21 subframe. It's pure genius as he actually lifted the pivot point for the control arms at the same time. Got a whole inch out of it. But he lifted the portion that doesn't have the motor mounts on it so he really just did it to gain clearance on the subframe for stuff in the road

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I raised my m20 pan so that it sits higher than the front sub frame. I just put washers between the motor mounts.Now I have a skid plate that not only protects the pan, but the sub ftame itself, the steering rack, and the sway bar. I Have had no ill effects.
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                      I raised my m20 pan so that it sits higher than the front sub frame. I just put washers between the motor mounts.Now I have a skid plate that not only protects the pan, but the sub ftame itself, the steering rack, and the sway bar. I Have had no ill effects.
                      No Probleme with the drive shaft ?! How mutch cm did you went up ?!

"Jesse: There's just something about engines that calms me down." -

Comment

Nope. Although my tranny mounts may be a bit shorter as they are custom made, but I have maybe 2 washers on each motor mount. No driveline vibrations. I have been running like this for a lil over a year now
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                        Got Drop??

Comment

this is a must!
                          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Im going to try this on my 318 nd ill post some befor and after pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by martin318isE30 View Post
                              Im going to try this on my 318 nd ill post some befor and after pictures.
                              I'm interested in this as well

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X