Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 VW Lupo Cambridge - JDO

Hi everyone!

This is the build thread for my First car, my 2002 VW Lupo SE (Cambridge)

You may recognise this car from the Edition 38 Forums!

This is going to start as a big back log as i've been doing this thread for 10 months on E38...

So lets begin

July 2014 Bought my first car, a 1 owner tatty unloved 1.0 8v Lupo.

1 week later, rub strips are off, 14" B4 Passat steelies are on, and i dropped it 25 mm. Ran it like this for 3 months...

February 2015, Steels replaced with some split reps.

By November, the 25mm drops were now 40mm drops, but i'd had enough of springs. So i bought myself a set of AP coilovers.

By February 2016, the fake splits had been replaced with Stuttgart ST7's, i had rolled all the arches myself, and i had took the rear adjusters off and dropped the fronts more.

Then from this point, there were changes all the time...

In the above photo's, i had done the front bumper, smoothed US Style, rear wiper delete, roof rack, various interior alterations such as a Momo team 300, and how now deleted the rear seats.

Then i decided i wanted to change the style some more...

I bought myself a set of mint Speedline Maracana Turbine, man they looked good.

So, it was now maxed out on the rears, 3/5 down on the front, i had retrimmed the headlining myself too!

In the last 4 weeks, i've sorned the Lupo in preparation for show season next year. Got big plans...

Odd wheel gang

[/URL]

Here is my smoothed indicator panel, i've been trying to make everything myself as i'm not overly skilled, so it's been great to learn along the way!

My turbines are up for sale as i've got my new rims for next year, a set of genuine BBS RM splits!

So, got a lot of work to do to the little shed, want most of it done for February as i'm driving over to Amsterdam for my 20th... Overall goal is to have a car fit for shows, indoor hopefully haha!

Hope you all enjoy the thread and the updates, i'll do one every time i get chance to work on it!

Cheers for reading!
    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

What do you want for the Turbines mate?

What sizes? are they staggered?

Comment

This thing is wicked man, love Lupos fantastic little cars, kinda wish i got one instead of my 6n2 but ah well

the smoothed body bits look great too

Comment

Originally posted by MiNT3D View Post
        What do you want for the Turbines mate?

What sizes? are they staggered?
        Hey dude!

I'm after 450 ONO for the rims, they are not staggered, but i am running spacers on the rears that i will include in the sale

They are 15x6.75, 4x100, PSA CB, but comes with spigots to fit 57.1mm VW Hubs, unsure of the offset however.

Quite happy to send photo's over to you mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          This thing is wicked man, love Lupos fantastic little cars, kinda wish i got one instead of my 6n2 but ah well

the smoothed body bits look great too
          Cheers man appreciate it!! I love it, done me proud for 2.5 years, never missed a beat! I wanted a 6N2 as my first car originally, love that shape of Polo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
            Cheers man appreciate it!! I love it, done me proud for 2.5 years, never missed a beat! I wanted a 6N2 as my first car originally, love that shape of Polo!!
            Consider yourself lucky you didnt get the 6n2, as nice as they look I've not met anyone who has a fully working one haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              Consider yourself lucky you didnt get the 6n2, as nice as they look I've not met anyone who has a fully working one haha
              Hahaha, trust me i've had my fair share of failures with the Lupo lol...

Coilpack
              Pedal box
              Exhaust fell off
              Fan exploded

All good fun

Tbf, i've covered 30,000 miles in it now, and other than all those common problems it's never missed a beat!

Comment

Jealous about the Cambridge, looks good on the Clio wheels, but I love the logo on the side! What did you use?

Keep up with the work

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                  Jealous about the Cambridge, looks good on the Clio wheels, but I love the logo on the side! What did you use?

Keep up with the work
                  Hahaha, i love it man, was the big selling point for me!

For the Logo i just got in touch with a decal cutter, found the font i wanted and got some dimensions for him then got them cut!

Will do bro

Comment

JDO currently looks like this...

ARB is coming out next, then the rear is having the new struts put in...

Dailying this MK4 Golf atm, for £400 it's an absolutely awesome car. Goes on coils next week

Comment

Maybe I didn't see, but why are you changing the rear struts?

Comment

Maybe I didn't see, but why are you changing the rear struts?
                        On Lupo's to go lower on the rear without doing a bodge, you can replace the struts with ones from a Corsa B, only reason for this is because they are shorter, but bolt straight in!

Comment

On Lupo's to go lower on the rear without doing a bodge, you can replace the struts with ones from a Corsa B, only reason for this is because they are shorter, but bolt straight in!
                          Man, you save my life, I didn't know that, I changed the rear spring with a custom ones, shorter but harder, but the struts it's too long!
                          But you need a standard strut or a strut from a coilovers set?

Comment

Man, you save my life, I didn't know that, I changed the rear spring with a custom ones, shorter but harder, but the struts it's too long!
                            But you need a standard strut or a strut from a coilovers set?
                            Hahaha! Yeah man just a standard one will do!! Obviously you need shorted springs but if you already have some made you're sorted! I'' just going to cut my old ones and use them lol, can't scrap a set of AP springs lol

Comment

Hahaha! Yeah man just a standard one will do!! Obviously you need shorted springs but if you already have some made you're sorted! I'' just going to cut my old ones and use them lol, can't scrap a set of AP springs lol
                              Thanks man, you save me!
                              Well I can understand, but I think the stock one are too soft, and when you cut them even more. I suggest you buy to short one, they are not too much expensive and I think you can save a lot compared to me, they came from England

Comment

Working...
                              X