Wanna wrap my car in vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna wrap my car in vinyl

How much does this cost? I wanna wrap my whole car in vinyl. Im thinking flat black. How hard is this?

Would you recommend I do it myself if I get the material? Where can I get the material anyways?

expect to pay $3-5k.

You can do it yourself, but its a bitch.

Comment

wtf 3-5k!?

good material is about 300-400$ total cost for wrap and adhesive and im sure they wouldnt charge you 4g's to put it on

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

^ It's not cheap to have done right.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I would get it done by a professional. Ever put that cheap window tint on from walmart? Its a bitch. Now imagine doing that to a whole car. Wrinkles, bubbles, tears. Fuck all that.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
            I would get it done by a professional. Ever put that cheap window tint on from walmart? Its a bitch. Now imagine doing that to a whole car. Wrinkles, bubbles, tears. Fuck all that.
            This.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
              Originally posted by prodigee View Post
              This.
              That.

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hotdoghogie View Post
                wtf 3-5k!?

good material is about 300-400$ total cost for wrap and adhesive and im sure they wouldnt charge you 4g's to put it on
                So you've clearly never looked into this.

Comment

yeah its a bitch to do. i started to do mine then sacked up and having my shop paint it now.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

If youre just going to do a single color, there is no reason to do vinyl really. Just paint the fucker

Flickr

Comment

in any case. if you need vinyl i can get you a 60"x50 yard roll for under 300.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        If youre just going to do a single color, there is no reason to do vinyl really. Just paint the fucker
                        Cheaper
                        Reversible
                        Protects your paint

That being said, you've got to be a glutton for punishment to attempt it yourself. $3-$5k is average for a professional to do it (but at that range paint is a viable alternative).
                        Jason
                        flickr
                        build thread

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                          Cheaper
                          Reversible
                          Protects your paint

That being said, you've got to be a glutton for punishment to attempt it yourself. $3-$5k is average for a professional to do it (but at that range paint is a viable alternative).
                          Its not cheaper, you just said so yourself. If hes going for flat black, and the point is budget, just do some practice painting on scrap metal then paint your car.

Flickr

Comment

I guess it all depends on the variables :P When I wrapped my MINI I figured $400 was going to be way cheaper than paying someone to paint it for me. But DIY vs. DIY it's probably about the same price, or paying someone to do either could come out the same.
                            Jason
                            flickr
                            build thread

Comment

I was quoted $500 to do my roof with a houndstooth print, and that was mates rates...
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
                              X