Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world needs the e28 convertible. right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i kinda got bored on the build thread page, but damn this project is gonna be so fucking awesome when its finished.

I already need moaarrr updates

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

I'm thinking that a straight 4 with itbs and trumpets will look more clean in the engine bay 😇 and as it is a 520 the rules say that maximum is a 20% hp increase if i want it legal 😕 so a m10 would be legal but a m42 would be more powerful but way more work.. I wont be in a hurry cause it's going to be a cruiser and my m10 in the parts car just keep going 😂 need a rebuild though after ice lake drifting and overheating and shit..

But everyone thanks for the support! It's really fun to see that people are interested in the build cause alot of people has been negative and thought that buying a e30 cab is the way out.. But this is way more fun and i just love the look of the e28😎

I will keep posting!

Comment

subscribed

Comment

If you want a good 4 cylinder engine, an e30 S14 (if they don't cost you your entire lifes work) or an M42/44. If you get the m42/44 it doesnt take too much to make them into a 200bhp engine that will show up m50b25's! and they are rev happy little buggers! I am so in for this. E28 cabby? Hell yes.
          I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Yeah that would be great but i don't know.. I want a m42/m44 but that would be more work, more cables and shit to hide and get rid of..

I'm still very hype on a m10 though.. It would be so nice with a polished m10 with itbs and trumpets �� but the time will decide i guess..

After removing the threshold(?) or what it's called in english.. Well the "side skirts".. I found a bit of rust. So right not i got to do som rust fixes before i reinforce them.. But the next part is moving the b-pillar! Should be fun to see how the rear door lines up ��

Comment

I've seen the E34 convertible and it's beautiful.

I so hope this project gets finished. I'm in.

Comment

cannot wait for you to get started on it

Comment

Can't wait to see some progress!

Comment

So.. i have´nt done so much on the car but i started looking for rust.. and i found some. then i found more. then i found more. then i took a hammer and found even more..

so yeah. the welder is going to be used alot in the near future
                    well here are some stuff i found and i guess it´s as much on the other side to. yey! i got some of it tacked there for now.

right now when winter is coming my daily will get some attention it´s nothing special but it takes me to where i want to go. sometimes.. oilchange, fresh antifreeze and air filter, new handbrake pads and wiper blades. at least it´s not leaking oil after i fixed the valve cover gasket

so yeah right now my father is doing his magic with the reinforcements and i will get my daily going and then it´s just to get going with the rust fixing!

Comment

Sub'd Bro!!!

Comment

If you pull this off you will be a legend... definitely sub'd to see the progress!

Comment

Totallllly subscribed.

Comment

So! I have done som fun stuff with the car! but first let me introduce you to the Swedish weather in November.. i did in fact empty out a tank of fuel by just driving in my town all night. Driving it sideways it is the right one is the parts car

and we got going on the reinforcements. it´s just a test fit for now. it will be sprayed with rust protector and stuff and then welded to the chassi.

and tonight my motivation really got going after we moved the B-pillar towards the rear and welded it to the body! then we test fitted the rear doors and well that´s that

so right now i will do some more rust fixes and metal work before the rust primer and stuff. then i guess the welder will be glowing hot and do it´s work and then get started on the rust on the floor!

so there´s some pics from today!

Comment

That's a great update, looks like the proper time and effort is being made to make this custom build the best it can be
                              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Hello again! I have´nt done much on the car since last but i wanted to document it anyway

So my father did some metal work fixing the rust in some places in the floor. It´s not fully welded or grinded down or anything so it willl look better in the end We also finished the reinforcements inside one side and put some rust protection on it. it will be cleaned up more and fully rust protected before welding it back together

and now finally a bonus picture of the wheels! they are not done yet but i plan to have them finished first of april cause i´m going to put them on the e46 for now. A hint is that it´s going to be very shiney, very wideyy and really flasheyyy

so yeah. that´s what is going on. my goal is th have it fully reinforced, roof cut of and fully undercoated and it will be standing on it´s own legs by easter next year

Comment

Working...
                                X