Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world needs the e28 convertible. right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world needs the e28 convertible. right?

Hi! I thought i might share my build with you guys. A few months ago while i was building a track only drift car out of my old loved e36 coupé it hit me. Why build a car that i can drive a few times a year when i can build a car that i can drive the whole summer on the streets? So i sold my old loved car to start a new build! Before and after my old build:

Then i started planning this thing. I wanted another e28 but in mint condition. But still i wanted a convertible car. I could´nt manage to decide so i thought to myself.. An e28 2 door convertible must look kind of strange? right? Then i started looking for builds and i found like 2 pics of beat up e28s that they just cut the roof of. Then i made some stuff in photoshop and then i fell in love!

So. As my 518 was parked in a lamp post last winter it will be my parts car. I managed to find a 520 chassis that had been sitting stripped out in the Swedish weather for a few years. I went to take a look and there was not to much rust and after a few days and 50 dollars it was mine!

I stripped the car and then i did build a frame around the car so it can stand on the side so i can weld under the car. I have made a shortened rear door, I starded cutting up the sides for reinforcements and to move the b-pillar 200mm backwards. I found a bit of rust on some places but it´s not to bad!

So what i expect from this build is in short terms:

Reinforce the whole chassis (i leave it to my father that works as a constructor)
    Make a 2 door convertible (200mm longer front doors)
    Move the rear fender flare up a bit to flater stance without tuck
    custom air suspension
    working softtop and a hardtop
    custom interior
    get it legal here in Sweden as a custom built vehicle
    make it look like it was a convertible from the factory.
    total restoration
    cleaned out engine bay

I think this will be a really cool car that will be like no other e28! if you have any questions feel free to post here or pm!
    Last edited by Pekå; 10-19-2016, 12:16 PM.

Subscribed??? Absolutely!!! Love what your doing, this is gonna be epic
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

I'm all in for this!!!

...and YES, the world does need the E28 Convertible!!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

In for this.

Comment

hope it comes out as good as this vert conversion

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Oh. My. Lord. This is groundbreaking stuff here. Potential cover page stuff.

Comment

Holy shit fire what a way to light up the pages of Stance Works, please don't disappoint us

Also that E34 wasn't a conversion as such, it was actually built by BMW. The cars still alive in their secret vault in Munich, but a few people have recently started to speculate they might have made two

very interesting history, regardless very interested in this build

Comment

Can't wait to see the outcome of this. Should be awesome!
                1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
                1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
                1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
                Instagram: @kibur

Comment

thanks guys!

from what i understand the e34 was build in 1 ex of a 2 door coupé and 1 ex of a convertible but they scrapped the idea before production started. i hope that it will turn out BETTER than the e34 vert

ty the way. i want to get an engine for the car.. the engine bay is going to be cleaned out so i think of a small 4 cylinder engine with itbs and trumpets what dou you guys think of a stock rebuilt m10 with trumpets?

Comment

oh my god i cant wait for this.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

this is gonna be mad!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                      Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

I'd go for a M50B25, a straight 6 sounds and drives much better. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Dis gon b gud!
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

great idea! Please put a v8 in it, m60b40 f.ex
                            Last edited by superturbodiesel.com; 10-19-2016, 07:31 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes please

Instagram: @robbytopher

Comment

Working...
                              X