No announcement yet.

$1000 bmw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's like the paint on a red Miata (red and clear mixed) I can save it. I haven't gotten around to researching it yet. Still other things to fix mechanically.

Edit: Yes, BMW also uses single-stage red so this is totally salvageable paint. I'll start doing the body section by section.

An example - http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3722201
    Last edited by ultimateforce; 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM.
    Ask me about Mazdas (FWD or RWD)!

1993 BMW 318i - Why do I own this car? Lime green.
    1991 Mazda Miata - For sale.

Comment

The search begins for an E36 in a grave yard to scavenge the missing bits and pieces I need...

Comment

Well i asked because i de-pinked a buddys e30 not much better than your paint. haha

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Reichy View Post
          congrats on getting the car. man i hope u end up repainting it or something.
          lol at the leaves in the air box
          He can get away with good polish I am sure.

Comment

I am thinking about finding new door skins soon because my base model only has tweeters in the front doors and the mid-range and lows come from the back deck. What the hell?

The parts replacement list is growing and growing...

Comment

Solid shit!
              -Brandon
              E46 No More..
              Her Concise History:
              http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

So I am doing my monthly start of all my cars and the Miata's gas tank is full of water. So much for my BMW update this weekend. I am thinking about letting it idle all afternoon rather than drain it out because I don't feel like getting gas poured all over me. Bleh!

Comment

do not rattle can the car if you plan on getting the car painted down the road. It will cost you alot more because the spray paint will have to be removed and you will have to pay to have it removed. Just pay to have it buffed out, it should buff out fairly well and will be good enough till you get the car repainted.
                  Ryan

Comment

I have decided to do a 'what ever it takes' polish job on the paint, but I am saving up to get a welder here ASAP so the next couple weekend updates are mostly going to be maintenance.

What do I need a welder so bad for? Shhh...

Comment

I've been in jail, I'll post updates as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateforce View Post
                        I've been in jail, I'll post updates as they come.
                        wat

Comment

I got arrested for having a suspended license since 2007, I had no idea about it. Although I had a valid tag and insurance, I was handcuffed and sent to jail on a Friday afternoon. I didn't get to post bail till 1am. They towed the BMW I was driving and confiscated my tag. I have to get a new tag Tuesday to get my BMW out of impound, which I am sure is going to be pretty expensive, in addition to the bail I just had to pay. My court date is on the 29th, until then I have no idea how I am going to get to work with no car. I was also due to be promoted soon, but with no reliable transportation that is washed away.

So yeah, my life has been ruined over a moving violation and a cop with a small dick.

Comment

Holy shit man that sucks ass. Hope the court takes it easy on you. Effin a.....

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateforce View Post
                              I got arrested for having a suspended license since 2007, I had no idea about it. Although I had a valid tag and insurance, I was handcuffed and sent to jail on a Friday afternoon. I didn't get to post bail till 1am. They towed the BMW I was driving and confiscated my tag. I have to get a new tag Tuesday to get my BMW out of impound, which I am sure is going to be pretty expensive, in addition to the bail I just had to pay. My court date is on the 29th, until then I have no idea how I am going to get to work with no car. I was also due to be promoted soon, but with no reliable transportation that is washed away.

So yeah, my life has been ruined over a moving violation and a cop with a small dick.
                              Fuck. Sorry to hear that

Comment

Eh, I'll live I guess. It's just holding back the progress on the BMW's build. I wanted to have coil overs this month but that's life, right? I've been doing some tinkering on the Miata and thinking about my rotary swap. There's still so much I want to do to the chassis first before I start making more power.

Comment

Working...
                                X