No announcement yet.

The Dad Wagon - B5 S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I took a friend up on his carbon fiber mirror offer, I can't wait to have these bad boys in my hands and install them.These are not stick on covers they are authentic carbon fiber mirror housings which replace the standard plastic units.

Also, I test fit a friends oz futuras he has for sale 18x9 up front, 18x9.5 rear 225/40s, unknown offsets. Clearance upfront with the 17zs is maybe a credit card, but they clear. They tuck ever so slightly. I have had 3 piece wheels in the past, there are only a few brands I would run, OZ is one.

They have OZ original hardware and original lips/ barrels, no aftermarket junk. Not quite sold on dailying such nice wheels all summer but we will see.

Pictures without the faceplates. I would lower the car a bit to run these.

Last edited by kittenpuncher; 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM.
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Installed carbon fiber mirrors. Probablly a bad idearight before winter but oh well, it is my daily.

Old

New

It was nice to do this in a warm garage, as opposed to the street at my old house. It's 30 degrees outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by kittenpuncher; 12-17-2016, 03:56 PM.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

1552s are pending sale. Winter set-up goes on Monday. I am sending a deposit for the new to me spring/summer wheels. Very excited.

New wheels are in route....

3 piece Speedline alessios, radinox lips, gold hardware.
        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Pictures of the new wheels on the previous owners car.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

I think the Futuras looked better! But, to each their own, the new wheels are nice too!

Comment

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
              I think the Futuras looked better! But, to each their own, the new wheels are nice too!
              Yeah, the issue with the Futuras was that I had about 2mm of brake clearance up front and my pads are easily half worn, if I put fresh pads on there is no way they would have cleared my brakes. That issue is further compounded by the fact that the Futuras were 5x114 so I would not have been able to run spacers to clear the brakes due to using wobble bolts.

I wanted a 5x112 wheels so I can dial the fitment in more easily.
              S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

clean! really like how the fifteen52 matched the roof bars and just looked clean! However the speedlines are iced out tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jailbird666 View Post
                  clean! really like how the fifteen52 matched the roof bars and just looked clean! However the speedlines are iced out tho.

Haha.

Yeah I liked the 1552s a lot they were the perfect daily driver wheels. However, I have always wanted a set of speedlines and the price on these was too good to pass up. I never though I would own chromed wheels but I really dug these.

The roof bars are actually aluminum and polish up insanely well. Once I mount the wheels in the spring I am going to use some polishing compound and get them shining again.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Threw my winter wheel on and received the new wheels. Very excited for spring, I am now trying to determine tire sizes.

Checked my brake/ rotor wear during the swap.

It reminded me how bad I need to refinish these brake calipers. With it being my daily I have no idea when I will have the time.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

I see you're also a wagon guy
                      I had a B6 S4 about a year ago. Nogaro on nogaro, lots of mods... If it was a wagon I would have kept it but the problems it was having wasn't worth it because of the sedan part... If only it was an avant lol

Anyways I love the nogaro interior inside the black!! Looks way better than I pictured from reading. The carbon fiber trim looks mint and I loooove tarmacs. In 4 mor!
                      Bagged '01 325i Touring - Sold 😢
                      Bagged '10 E90 335i - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hugger View Post
                        I see you're also a wagon guy
                        I had a B6 S4 about a year ago. Nogaro on nogaro, lots of mods... If it was a wagon I would have kept it but the problems it was having wasn't worth it because of the sedan part... If only it was an avant lol

Anyways I love the nogaro interior inside the black!! Looks way better than I pictured from reading. The carbon fiber trim looks mint and I loooove tarmacs. In 4 mor!
                        Thanks man!

I am a big wagon fan, I love all the space. I also have a son and dogs so its nice to keep the dogs in the trunk when I have the baby in the car.

As far as my winter agenda for the car I am just buttoning up a "few" things here and there, I have compiled a short list.

-New diverter valves, 034 motorsports
                        -New N75 valve (purchased not installed waiting on the DVs)
                        -Wrap the roof black or paint it, there are few iffy spots in the clear coat
                        -Source a 97-99 avant hatch, they have a europlate tub and have it painted (hopefully)
                        -With the nogaro fabric I have from the sedan back seat switch that for the black leather coverings for my avant back seat. (so I can have a complete norgaro interior)
                        -recover the headliner in black suede (current headliner is disgusting)
                        -Replace oil temp sensor the next time I change my oil, it seems to have stopped working.
                        -Replace my s4 steering wheel badge, mine is old and tarnished
                        -Order tires for my summer wheels
                        -Source center grill mesh, I have been missing it since I bought the car
                        -Purchase ER raceworks carbon fiber shrouds for my ER intercoolers
                        -LOWER IT

Now that I have taken the time to type all this up, I have realized how much there is to do, I am just going to try and take it one item at a time.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Spent the day doing some maintenance on my old mk5 Jetta which I gave to my younger brother because he needed wheels. I replaced the valve cover and gasket as well as deleted the secondary air pump. Before he arrived I had a chance to clean my diverter valves. My car is already running more smoothly as a result.

Photo below if of the work space, I left the lift open for when he got there because we also had to do an oil change on his car.

We will hopefully have a 2 post lift in the left bay within a few months.

It was a brisk day but a beautiful one to work on cars nonetheless.

Dirty SOBs

Cleaned

Greased

That's all for now. I need to change my own oil next weekend and replace the oil level/ temp sensor.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Test fit the new wheels today. I'll be changing a few things due to the set-up.

1. I'll need a larger spacer up front the wheelsdidn't clear the 17z brakes with a 5mm. I don't think I need much more than that. I will refit with an 8mm and see what happens.

2. I'll need to achieve more rear camber right now I think I am aligned for -1.5 in the rear. It appears I will need closer to 3. Which I am fine with as the front is around 2 right now. I just need to find out if I have more stock adjustment or if I need to buy adjustable upper control arms. Hoping it isn't the latter.

The wheels look great. One face needs to be rechromed, I'll disassemble that wheel and send the face off sometime in the next few weeks. Specs are 18x8.5 et 19 and 18x9.5 et 19. Polished lips, chromed faces, and gold bolts. I really dig my initial results.

Test fit time

Results

Front fit with a 5mm.

Rear no spacer

A better look at why I need more camber.

And a gratuitous shot of the 3.5 rear lips

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Looking good! Can't wait to see those speedlines dialed in and mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                                Looking good! Can't wait to see those speedlines dialed in and mounted.

Thanks!

It's snowed so naturally I tested the Quattro and Blizzacks.

Found a nice spot to shoot some iPhone photos.

S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X