Is it low? Altima Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it low? Altima Content

So, the Ksports went on today, install was alright, I needed new nuts for the rear bolts because none came with the shipment but luckily enough there were some in the garage that fit perfectly.

Anyways, its got maybe anoter 1/2" to be turned down, but I wouldn't be comfortable driving any lower than this, and honestly, I am not too comfortable at this height (yet). I really need an alignment, more to get the camber in spec, because the way it is now, is no good. I think this is about 3.2" lower than a stock setup, it is 1.1" lower than my s.techs in the front, which were at about 2.1" when they finally settled. The rear is just 1/4" lower, but I will probably be raising it up. I scraped it hard twice in the first 15 mins of driving it, but have been fine since. All the tires are tucking so I am happy The ride is no worse than my s.techs and blown struts...

Anyways, onto the pics:

Clearance (lack of) ~2"

thoughts? looking for some feedback for sure, i need some spacers (20mm). Don't have the money for rims, barely have the money for the tires and alignment that i need.
    Thanks
    Last edited by L31; 07-15-2010, 07:20 PM.

Bigger better wheels smaller tires, camber poke flush! then your set.

But Its looking great so far.

Comment

Not too much feedback to give. You went low, which is this beginning of the journey. Good luck with it.

Comment

hey do i know you??? looks good coils are rough, daily drivin low SUCKS but i love and live for it!

Comment

Looks good man, defently a good start!

Comment

Originally posted by Dust View Post

But Its looking great so far.
            Sounds like a good list to me. I may go up to an 18" but I feel if I can find a nice wide 17" ~et25 it may look good.

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
            Not too much feedback to give. You went low, which is this beginning of the journey. Good luck with it.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
            hey do i know you??? looks good coils are rough, daily drivin low SUCKS but i love and live for it!
            Yup I'm on nissanclub, just got a little different signature over there

and yeah, the ride is not much different that it was before, because I was on blown struts. But with this y pipe being like 1.5" off the ground, yeah its a bitch. But everytime I look at it, its all worth it. I need to get an alignment soon here.

Originally posted by AccordKnight View Post
            Looks good man, defently a good start!
            Thanks man, your in CO too right?

Comment

Thanks man, your in CO too right?[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm in colorado also, left you a message in the other thread for colorado

Comment

G'd up from the ground up, wheels than we'll judge if you need to go lower
                Originally posted by Oh, Word?
                You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

L31- I believe your rubbing because of how low the front is. I had pro-kits before and I believe they lowered more than 1/4" (what's the total inches lowered in the back?) in the back (where you stated you are with the coilovers). It is crazy that the bottom of the Altima is so low already..I wonder have anybody had a remedy for the Y-pipe (modification or anything) or any other mods underneath the Altima?

Comment

Hey, i have that same wallet! Its slim and nice in your pocket...haha

Anywho, car looks great low! Im with everyone else about wheels and excited to see the rest of the journey this car takes!

.Chris
                    Civic Si

Comment

Originally posted by cpciv View Post
                      L31- I believe your rubbing because of how low the front is. I had pro-kits before and I believe they lowered more than 1/4" (what's the total inches lowered in the back?) in the back (where you stated you are with the coilovers). It is crazy that the bottom of the Altima is so low already..I wonder have anybody had a remedy for the Y-pipe (modification or anything) or any other mods underneath the Altima?
                      Thanks,

I am not rubbing, yet. I had the tein s.techs before these and they were just about the same height in the rear, as my coilovers are in the rear now. I need to get those fenders rolled if I go for some new rims and tires, because the fenders right now are pure death. As for the prokits, on the altima, I think they lowered 1" all around? The s.techs were 1.9" f/1.4" rear. so on the coilovers I'm about 3.1" front and 1.75" rear. Someone needs to make a skidplate or something because the clearance on these cars sucks! I am just tucking tire and the frame is way too low in my opinion. The real problem is that aftermarket y-pipes, and header/y-pipe combos, sit LOWER than the oem y-pipe, which is just asking for trouble. I already screwed up my flex pipe when I was just on my teins, we'll see how much life there is left in that section of the exhaust. I think i'd have to get someone to custom fab me a y-pipe that tucks up nicely to have any chance of not just killing it.

Originally posted by ImChris View Post
                      Hey, i have that same wallet! Its slim and nice in your pocket...haha

Anywho, car looks great low! Im with everyone else about wheels and excited to see the rest of the journey this car takes!

.Chris
                      I love that wallet, I got it for christmas I think, its nice and slim, fits good in a front pocket.

Thanks, I am happy to see it low too, still learning to drive it ha. I'll keep everyone posted if new wheels come in

Comment

took a few more pics over the last few days:
                        more (good lighting so i said why not, they are all from my cell phone though (lg dare) so they aren't perfect but alas...)

Fuking scraped getting into this spot! (at work, spot is at a weird angle so if the car looks like its sitting funny thats why.)

how does a 30 offset sound?

so what do you all think? i was going to raise it today, but i'm leaving for vacation wednesday so i scrapped those plans

i love the height, but the fitment is certainly weak, have been thinking about spacers and possibly painting the stockers

Comment

Looks good man, what golf course you work at? Offset sounds good just make sure you go wide!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordKnight View Post
                            Looks good man, what golf course you work at? Offset sounds good just make sure you go wide!
                            Thanks,

I'm at Mariana Butte in Loveland for now,

I'm thinking at least 9" width 10" if I can...

Comment

+ remove all badges, and i think yellow headlights will add character
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X