This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W124 3rd Brake Light Delete

So while detailing the 300 I tried to address the problem of the overhead lamp rattling from the subs and I wiggle it a little bit then the mf shattered in my hand I'm about 99% sure the Euro W124s didn't come with this light, but since I'm in the states I have no way of looking at a part number, or car, or anything that would help. Was hoping somebody here might have some info and maybe a part # if the euros had a delete panel or something of the sort.

If I recall correctly, the 3rd brake light runs of a wire directly from one of the rear lights. Most of the EUR w124 came without it indeed, but it became a dealer option at some point.
    Just remove both side panels in the trunk and check which side the wires run to.

European laws state that, from 1998 onwards, a third brake light is mandatory on newly sold cars.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
      If I recall correctly, the 3rd brake light runs of a wire directly from one of the rear lights. Most of the EUR w124 came without it indeed, but it became a dealer option at some point.
      Just remove both side panels in the trunk and check which side the wires run to.

European laws state that, from 1998 onwards, a third brake light is mandatory on newly sold cars.
      Thanks for that. Ill check into it once I get the springs on

Comment

W124 3rd Brake Light Delete

Does anyone have a part number or source / supplier for the center brake light? It sort of... ruptured when i was removing it to paint.

Shouldve just masked the # thing off.

Comment

Working...
        X