Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanced R107 from San Francisco, California

Hello,

Just joined this site. Been working on cars since I had a 1976 MK1 VW Rabbit. I was in high school at the time. This was in 1981. Back them there was no such thing as lowering cars. It was all about jacking up the rearend and street drags. I knew enough back then that it made no sense since I had a FWD.

But the lowering scene started up soon after and I was all into it. I did a lot in the air-cooled VW scene. I rolled in a 1972 VW Ghia which I pumped up to a 1776cc street racer. That thing was FAST!

Then came 1987 when I bought the first VW Jetta 16V in the SF Bay Area. It was unofficially a 1987.5 model. Progressive suspension. Koni adjust shocks. Swaybars. A CD stereo! :roll eyes I showed this car all over California. Bugformance shows etc... Lots of 1st - 2nd and 3rd awards. (my garage wall looks great)

Many cars followed since. At least 25. And just as many motorcycles too. Seriously!

Currently, at 52 years old I'm building my classic MB R107. And yes, I have no plans on settling down with original. Yeah right!

Anyway, I will be posting pics of this awesome project. As well as a short documentary of my car and motorcycle builds sometime soon.

Cheers!

Michael

PIc Pics Pics pics pics

Welcome to S|W

...oh and pics!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Working...
    X